• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would the world do without Fe?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A couple threads lately got me thinking - what would the world be like without Fe?

It seems like it would be a much more selfish and unhappy place.

G

Ginkgo

how_communism_works.jpg

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Less guilt trips and you could separate the people with true good intentions from the ones with bad intentions.

Everything would make cosmic sense and people would have mental orgies.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Less guilt trips and you could separate the people with true good intentions from the ones with bad intentions.

Uhh.... very :confused:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it would suck... seriously... :horor:

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would certainly be socially chaotic. The meaning of actions would have to be individually interpreted far more often. I guess the only ordering glue for society would be Te alone. Fi vs Te conflicts would be even more common without the mitigating warmth and nudging of Fe. Many social clubs and groups wouldn't form because they lacked any kind of humane cohesion. I guess there'd be less emphasis on appropriate emotional responses (except where they got in the way of rational goals) and there would be less consensus on matters of taste and appropriateness. Traditions would be ordered by Te alone, so I assume some wouldn't exist.

Not sure I'd want to live in that world. Would certainly be different. Would the xxFJs I know all be xxTJs? Would xxTPs lack any Fe? Hmm....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In terms of the larger world, I don't approve of the social chaos that there most certainly would be.

I also like Fe-nurturing. I would personally be very sad without it.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Leave anne hathaway out of it, however you do decide to wipe out the Fe-sjs.

Gut/stuff her for display at least.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The world would be fairly doomed. Humans would be created on a production line in a meat packing plant, filled up with the remnants of ground up animals.
Mechanical mooing and such. Everyone would cuddle up to the warmth of cold steel through adolescence.

Something like that. :yes:
Or just some very interesting disconnects all around.

Well, you're a shiny orb of sunshine. Which one of us came in your cornflakes?
It'll be okay, I assure you. :hug:

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Would certainly be socially chaotic. The meaning of actions would have to be individually interpreted far more often. I guess the only ordering glue for society would be Te alone. Fi vs Te conflicts would be even more common without the mitigating warmth and nudging of Fe. Many social clubs and groups wouldn't form because they lacked any kind of humane cohesion. I guess there'd be less emphasis on appropriate emotional responses (except where they got in the way of rational goals) and there would be less consensus on matters of taste and appropriateness. Traditions would be ordered by Te alone, so I assume some wouldn't exist.

Not sure I'd want to live in that world. Would certainly be different. Would the xxFJs I know all be xxTJs? Would xxTPs lack any Fe? Hmm....

This. The human species would most likely not actually exist as we, in our present incarnation, rely far too much on social cues and the ability to cohabit with each other. The desire to conform (in an Fe sense), for instance, is far stronger in human beings than it is in several other species and imagining us without this need is akin to imagine the human species without a sex drive. Less Fe is doable: Fe is far less emphasized in Germany than it is in the United States or Japan. But the complete absence of it is not.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
A lot of scifi is about societies with a lack of Fe. I think I would like to see more dystopias about lack of some other function. Lack of Fe might be the worst, though...

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, you're a shiny orb of sunshine. Which one of us came in your cornflakes?
It'll be okay, I assure you. :hug:

I am a shiny orb of sunshine. It's just that my core actually burns. My rays aren't cardboard cutouts.