• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

stupid Te

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nothing pisses me off more than stupid Te, stupid Te is when the person is trying to prove that his point of view is right or that others point of view is false by using more or less insignificant details. When the person sees these details totally black(wrong) and white(right) and judges the other persons point false of view if he finds even some small insignificant detail that is not 100% correct. Reasoning for this kind of thinking is that if you would be right, there couldnt be any incorrect things in your opinion. In extreme cases this stupid Te even finds incorrect information in other peoples opinion, that actually has nothing to do with the persons opinion because he is trying soooo hard to find a fault in other persons opinion that it starts to wander out of the actual subject. Stupid Te also blocks out very stubbornly everything other guy has to say after he finds a fault(or what seems to be a fault to a stupid Te) in what he says(it might even be misunderstanding on stupid Te that is caused by wrong usage of some single word). Depending on how stupid the Te is it might even be most the time when the stupid Te is the one who is wrong. Stupid Te also always finds something to support his point of view and sometimes these things that support his point of view is as stupid and insignificant small details as the ones that he uses as reason why other peoples point of view is false. And is as stubborn on the reasons why he is right as he is on the reasons why others are wrong.

Im not saying that every Te user is like this, but i havent yet met any Te user who wouldnt be at least little stupid like this. Uumlau seems to be intelligent Te user, i cant be 100% sure about him tho. Do Te users have to be an old fart to have even a little chance of being an intellectual(instead of just an smart ass)?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
um no....i don't think so but te will piss me off when it's shoved down my throat and just...wrong.

Little_Sticks

The 'stupid Te user' may not view you as very intelligent either. What makes you so sure you aren't vastly overestimating your knowledge and understanding of other people's thoughts and perceptions? To call someone stupid is quite a bold a statement. One simple construct of certain individuals is the belief that only in admitting defeat or wrong is someone actually wrong or defeated. To continue fighting and not give up the argument or fight is to never truly be wrong or lose, no matter how incorrect you may perceive their reasoning of thought and action.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing pisses me off more than stupid Te, stupid Te is when the person is trying to prove that his point of view is right or that others point of view is false by using more or less insignificant details. When the person sees these details totally black(wrong) and white(right) and judges the other persons point false of view if he finds even some small insignificant detail that is not 100% correct. Reasoning for this kind of thinking is that if you would be right, there couldnt be any incorrect things in your opinion. In extreme cases this stupid Te even finds incorrect information in other peoples opinion, that actually has nothing to do with the persons opinion because he is trying soooo hard to find a fault in other persons opinion that it starts to wander out of the actual subject. Stupid Te also blocks out very stubbornly everything other guy has to say after he finds a fault(or what seems to be a fault to a stupid Te) in what he says(it might even be misunderstanding on stupid Te that is caused by wrong usage of some single word). Depending on how stupid the Te is it might even be most the time when the stupid Te is the one who is wrong. Stupid Te also always finds something to support his point of view and sometimes these things that support his point of view is as stupid and insignificant small details as the ones that he uses as reason why other peoples point of view is false. And is as stubborn on the reasons why he is right as he is on the reasons why others are wrong.

Im not saying that every Te user is like this, but i havent yet met any Te user who wouldnt be at least little stupid like this. Uumlau seems to be intelligent Te user, i cant be 100% sure about him tho. Do Te users have to be an old fart to have even a little chance of being an intellectual(instead of just an smart ass)?

I totally agree. I hate that. A Te user once tried to convince me of the way the blood flows through the heart... And, duh! I'm a nurse. And he was completely wrong. I had to put him in his place there. Sometimes I think Te just needs to verbalize their thought processes, so sometimes wrong things come out. (I know I do.) But the egos on many Te users don't like to back down on their statements, therefore sounding "stupid" when they really aren't.

G

garbage

The irony's going to be when this thread devolves into a pedantic debate between the OP and Te users, with both thinking that they're right because they're looking at different insignificant details :popc1:

Drag out a textbook and point to an authority on the subject, in cases where it's actually important. If they don't trust your opinion, they might trust an authority's opinion--it'll just so happen that your opinion and theirs aligns.

Or give up and allow the person to think as they're going to think. Let them drown and maybe get humbled in the process.

Do Te users have to be an old fart to have even a little chance of being an intellectual(instead of just an smart ass)?

Perhaps the Te users that you view as intellectual are those who have gone through the whole 'humility' process at some point.

In which case, the answer to your question is.. 'Yes. Sort of.' Maturity tends to fill in our own unique blind spots.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Te doesn't affect me or piss me off that much really. You can say whatever you want to say, if I don't agree with your reasoning we can just agree to disagree.

What is an insignificant detail for one person though, is a very deep and important value to another.

My initial reaction to one forcing a way to think on me is to laugh really. They only have power over me if I let them, and when it comes to thinking no one has power over me. I'll always filter to a degree.

Jaguar

Another rant thread created to insult people. Charming.

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what if you are an equal opportunity hater and hate stupid people in general?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love using stupid Te. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Te Attack - it's like Jaws - so subtle, and oh, so obvious.

RAWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Gar!!!!! Hiyarrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaguar

I love using stupid Te. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Te Attack - it's like Jaws - so subtle, and oh, so obvious.

jaws_kitten_2.jpg

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Um, can't see your picture....so I'll use my imagination. ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really? I can see it. Did you refresh your browser?

I'm quite sad. Typo C doesn't seem to be working for me anymore. Get weird database errors. Cannot see pictures. I think I have to brush away the cobwebs from three months of no use...or four months, whatever....

_dp

MBTI Type
enfj
Enneagram
1w2
that's not stupid Te - that's just... stupid stupidity

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
stupid Te is when the person is trying to prove that his point of view is right or that others point of view is false by using more or less insignificant details.

Actually, that isn't Te.

Te is this: Extraverted Thinking

They outline the rest of the functions in there as well.
Enjoy.

G

Glycerine

Ti users also have a way of doing that just as much as any other type....
It's more of a general sign of being stuck in your perspective, insecurity and/or having control issues.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, that isn't Te.

Te is this: Extraverted Thinking

They outline the rest of the functions in there as well.
Enjoy.

"Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process."

Still seems like Te to me. You see some insignificant small detail might look like reasonable logical explanation to Te if it is trying too hard to find something to support his point of view. And that is what makes Te stupid when it tries to find something to support its thinking from things that in reality does not support the thinking, even tho it might find some small fraction on it to partly support it(judging too fast if it supports it or not before looking at it more deeply).

What function do you think processes thinking like that then if its not Te?

Ti users also have a way of doing that just as much as any other type....
It's more of a general sign of being stuck in your perspective, insecurity and/or having control issues.

I didnt say that Ti users(or other types) doesent use stupid Te.

I was hoping more of this kind of comments from Te users where they cant see what isnt said and thats why getting to wrong conclusions on what people are trying to tell them. Part of the reason why i made this topic so that i could see if many Te users are like this.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In your rant about details, I can't help but think you also have a problem with Si. That is, Si combined with Te a la STJ or even NFP.

It also leads me to think that you're butthurt about using vague Ti/Ne.

*ponders*

G

garbage

I was hoping more of this kind of comments from Te users where they cant see what isnt said and thats why getting to wrong conclusions on what people are trying to tell them. Part of the reason why i made this topic so that i could see if many Te users are like this.

So do you expect Te users to just outright tell you, "Yep, I'm stupid :("

In other words.. what exactly are you looking for, here?