• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So my second letter is pretty evenly split

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I S/N T J

How would I notate that? IxTJ? Also, is it better to be balanced like that generally speaking?

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, you'd say IXTJ.

And personally, I like being relatively balanced. :) There's not a 'wrong' type to be, or a 'wrong' ratio of preferences.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The way I look at it is this - you have a primary way of taking in information, and then you also have a highly functioning secondary way as well. For example, I have a highly developed T function, although I know that I am clearly an F , based off of how comfortable and automatic it is for me to interact as a Feeler.

I can only give you my opinion, for what it's worth - I suspect you are an ISTJ with a highly functioning N.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The way I look at it is this - you have a primary way of taking in information, and then you also have a highly functioning secondary way as well. For example, I have a highly developed T function, although I know that I am clearly an F , based off of how comfortable and automatic it is for me to interact as a Feeler.

I can only give you my opinion, for what it's worth - I suspect you are an ISTJ with a highly functioning N.

Out of curiosity, what has convinced you that I am most likely an ISTJ as opposed to INTJ? Not disagreeing, would just like to know.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
My boyfriend has the evenly split S/N, but his reliance on past events predicting future events has tipped him to the Si side of things. He also needs to been shown that things will work instead of believing they will, which is more of an S sort of thing.

Read up on some descriptions of Si and Ni... which resonates more with you?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, I really don't know. I went and read the descriptions for the S and N. It's really hard to say which one resonates with me more.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Out of curiosity, what has convinced you that I am most likely an ISTJ as opposed to INTJ? Not disagreeing, would just like to know.

I wish I could tell you without sounding vague - I will certainly try though.

Well, I think perhaps its your directness, minus the ( forgive me please INTJ's here) slight neurotic twitch on an N. One of my closest friends is an INTJ, and while he has the same level of directness as an ISTJ, he can be quite touchy about his opinions when he's contradicted. The ISTJ's I have in my life seem to be able to take a blunt objection to their opinion without seeming to take it as a personal slight.

You strike me as having that solid quality to you. The ISTJ bedrock or granite. Does that make sense to you?