• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Forgive my insolence...

sway

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
... as I skip the newbie forum.

Hi. I'm an intp. Yay.

And now I have a real query.

Has anyone ever taken the test more than once, with a substantial amount of years in between, and gotten different results?

In 2004, I was an infj, and it fit. My life changed dramatically and in 2009, I took it again on a whim, and have taken it twice since, and it says that I am an intp.

What say ye?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hi there!

The 1st time I took it was in highschool (in 97' or 98') and I scored ENFJ.

Took the test years later and still scored the same, Ive taken the test tons of times- and always scored ENFJ (INFJ scored once).

Anyway, welcome to the forum :)!

lucibelle

MBTI Type
I__P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Years ago, when I still had confidence, I scored as INTP, and even INTJ at times.
But losing that confidence affected me a lot...Nowadays I usually score as INTP still, but it doesn't much fit me as I am quite irrational.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
5 years ago I received INTJ as a test result, dismissed it because I wasn't interested in MBTI. Took it 4 years ago, again, and I received INTJ. Since then, I've taken a lot of tests and the majority of my test results have been INTJ (The rest of the serious results being INFJ with low F)

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Welcome! :)

It's a good idea to read the type profiles and see what fits you best. The tests are not very reliable.

Years before I knew about the MBTI, I think I was in an Ni-Ti loop and I was fairly unhealthy, and I think I might have tested as a T then.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I also skipped the introduction forum. Noobs != newbies.

I always tested the same. Since my first MBTI test taken six years ago.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, that's happened to me. I was a solid INFJ from about 30 years. Then all of a sudden I started testing ISFJ. I asked people at work who've known me for years, though, and they said they thought it was because my job warped me, essentially. Which I think is partly true.

But it's also true that as you get older, things shift, mentally, which changes the way you answer the questions on the test. I think that is more due to the way the test is worded than that you actually change type. I guess it's possible you actually change type, but I am not convinced of that and lean toward thinking it's fixed but may appear different depending on your frame of mind in your given circumstances.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
First time I took the MBTI test, I got ISTJ. Five years since I've first taken the MBTI, I've usually scored either INTJ or INFJ. It still goes back and forth, but by default, I've selected INFJ.

sway

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks y'all :)

I found it pretty interesting last night when I clicked the 'type relationships' part on the INTP typelogic profile. The 'type relationship' between an INFJ and an INTP is 'advisor', which is defined as 'each has an area of insight that the other lacks'.

Maybe I'm on my way to becoming a whole person.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
tests will only show your type based on how you answer on your current life situation, this is why you might get different type from test at different times of your life, but it doesent mean that your type has changed. this is why you should only use tests as guidance for determining what your type is.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
tests will only show your type based on how you answer on your current life situation, this is why you might get different type from test at different times of your life, but it doesent mean that your type has changed. this is why you should only use tests as guidance for determining what your type is.

This is true. When my sister had the test administered to her by her employers, the official person giving the test explained that the results of that particular test will be biased according to the personality she projects while is at work. So the result may be true for what you were feeling at the moment, but it may not be true for how you are all the time.