• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Somatotype (Body-Type) and Personality

Psychdigg

Oh, AWESOME. Yes indeed, all F's are go-with-the flow who are skeptical of nothing.

I never said all F's are skeptical of "nothing". Usually when a person quotes somebody and inserts a hyperbole ( in this case the word "nothing") they are doing it for a negative effect. Obviously, everyone is skeptical to some degree, that is essential to human survival. However, I am not a novice and have had many discussions with "T" types and they are unusually argumentative. NOTICE: Don't say that I said that all T types want to do is argue. T types seem to be more interested in a victory for their self esteem and will argue trivial points. F types will let things slide or just determine it isn't worth the hassle.

This post has made my day. And the ecto figures are basically what I said in my first post, whichyou dismissed because I couldn't *possibly* have these figures and yetbe INFJ at the same time.

I still believe you are an INTJ or some other ectomorphic thinking type. I assumed that an F would be more endomorphic and I was giving the benefit of the doubt to your claim to being INFJ. So why do you bring that issue up? Because for a T it was some kind of victory for your self-overating.

And then you ramble on just short of a rant about people giving credence to "this theory". Your next point is "obviously" an attempt to categorize any success of somatotyping as an illustration of the Forer effect. I think the MBTI has more of a problem with that than somatotyping as I practice it.

Now, I am going to give you some advice that you need to talk to a therapist about. You take great photographs. You still have the privilege of posting a link to your photos and I clicked on that link. 120 plus pages (18 photos per page makes it close to 2000 photos.) I looked at them all. You left something out of those photos that is very important to Feeling types? Can you figure out what that something is? Would you mind telling me?

Your lowest system is the visceral system. You are:

Nervous-Orientational-Muscular-Visceral

Feeling/Visceral is your inferior (shadow) function. And you will have a much happier life when you face that fact.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Why do people make so much money on telling endomorphs that they're going to die?

Jaguar

Oh, the Adman returneth to insult a member who dared to question his little pet theory.
What's the deal - ENFPforum blew off your thread, so you are looking for an audience at TypeC?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh..if you knew anything of my posting history, or actual *life*, outside of the posts in this specific thread, you would know that I am not argumentative and am conflict avoidant/preventative. I will, in certain instances however, speak my mind when it seems necessary. So, re. Somatotyping, I'm simply disagreeing with you, and yes, questioning the entire thing. But I don't have any more to say on the subject. You're not going to convince me of it, I have the right to disagree with you, and you have the right to propose your theories. However you obviously cannot expect everyone to believe your system - there will be disagreement (and for the record, I disagree with many elements of type theory, or at the very least how it is applied, as well). You and others are also free to consider me whatever type you think I am, and I'm free to disagree with your assessment.

You can debate my actual type all you'd like -- keeping somatotyping completely out of the picture. There are threads galore in the What's My Type section where that is done, and it's no secret I've questioned my type in the past. I even have one in there from a few yrs back. However, you're not going to convince me of anything using somatotypic arguments, nor by picking out isolated aspects of my persona (i.e. photography) and using isolated pieces to justify a particular type.

I won't be responding in this thread again.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't want to participate, but I would like to see more examples if people are willing to have Psychdigg analyze them, and hear more about the theory.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this thread is hilarious. 5 stars!

lol at the "where are all the scientists? :cry:"

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where are all the open minds?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm unable to give a picture, but I can give you this:

Female
5'4"
155 lbs
41-31-43

I neither lose nor gain weight easily.

G

garbage

If you've come up with different definitions of types, temperaments, dichotomies, and functions, of course your theory will match those types. If you define sensing as being more mesomorphic, for example.. then, well, of course mesomorphs will be considered sensing types in your system.

At the end of the day, then, you and anyone who studies this system will simply have to ask--is it more useful than other typology systems that are out there?

There might be some useful information in this theory. But that is, unfortunately, overshadowed by complete self-aggrandizement in how you've presented the theory here.

Edit: found one of the websites in this thread, which answered some questions; also, focusing more on the main point in my post

Psychdigg

Cascadeco:

Nice! Declaration of independence. Thinking once again rules the day. Feeling is about dependence. Thinking is about building walls and emphasizing boundaries. Come on. When you say I'm free to do whatever I want AND you're free to do whatever you want you are stating what everyone knows. So pull up the drawbridge and flood the moat.

I am pleased to see resistance. Even though I'm not your therapist a therapist knows that when resistance starts showing that's a sign therapy is taking place. And when there is little or no resistance the outcome is poor. If you really believe you are what you are there shouldn't be so much concern as you have expressed.

About the pictures. Of the over 2,000 posted pictures where are the pictures of people. I counted three close-ups of some elderly peasant types. And there are three or four close-ups of you that seem to arise mysteriously amid rows and rows of naturescapes devoid of people. A feeling person probably wouldn't make that mistake. Of course you may have another site that is flooded with pictures of the people that were unique to the particular areas you were visiting.

One more thing.

Would all the people who paid me for my services please raise their hands?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you want to talk about what you have to offer, that's of interest to some people, but folks here kick theories around all day every day and nobody who's expert in any one thing ever asks to be paid. So I'm hoping that was a rhetorical question, to what effect I'm not sure.

Jaguar

Would all the people who paid me for my services please raise their hands?

This isn't about money, it's about advertising.
Check out the forum's FAQ:

Code of Conduct

* Advertising: No advertising is allowed on the forum, whether for profit or not for profit. This includes advertising for other internet forums.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Thanks Jaguar, that's exactly what I came to post.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't want to talk to a scientist. Those monkeyfighters are lying and getting me pissed.

Psychdigg

I only resumed the conversation here because of the negative things Cascadeco stated in her post.

At the point where the gallery starts throwing rotten tomatoes I absolutely have to leave.

Thanks for those who participated in the discussion. I am quite pleased with the results. I regret that I am being deprived of a simple link in my signature. This has never occurred on any other forum I've participated in.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It seems to me that typing a personality by somatotype is about as accurate as saying that someone is pale because they don't like going outside. While that may be a factor, there may be others -- the person may not tan very well, may live in an unsunny climate or may be anemic, etc. And of course not all people who are not pale like going outside, either...

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I agree that this seems a little problematic.
People in families tend to have similar body shapes, seeing that they share the same genes. They don't necessarily share the same personality. There are a lot of clashing personalities in families so...?

It seems to me that typing a personality by somatotype is about as accurate as saying that someone is pale because they don't like going outside. While that may be a factor, there may be others -- the person may not tan very well, may live in an unsunny climate or may be anemic, etc. And of course not all people who are not pale like going outside, either...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I agree that this seems a little problematic.
People in families tend to have similar body shapes, seeing that they share the same genes. They don't necessarily share the same personality. There are a lot of clashing personalities in families so...?

It's so easy to ascribe being fat to a personality flaw, too.

The vast majority of my family is fat and nervous, two conflicting things on Psydigg's little chart. However, if you wanted to be racist about it, you could say that it's evolutionary-adaptive. As Russian Jews these traits could be considered advantageous, while once they got to America they all ballooned up. And yes, my family was fat before the "obesity epidemic" happened. That's just the way they were.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Any system that tells people that they must be the wrong type because they don't fit a specific body type goes against the whole concept of MBTI being a self typed system based on understanding self and MBTI. This is stepping into astrology territory!