• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Somatotype (Body-Type) and Personality

Psychdigg

There is no such thing as Fe, Ni, Te, Si These are all justifications for Jungs flawed dichotomous structuring of his categories.

Feeling is Introverted - it is "inside" If you are feeling something outside of your body you are probably doing something or somebody.

Intuition is Extroverted - etymologically Intuition originally meant "to see" Seeing is based on what is out there in the real world. If you are seeing "inside" of yourself you are really doing some visual thinking.

Sensation is Extroverted - it is practical. It refers to actions and movement. You move things in your environment - externally. If you are moving something inside your head it is called "thinking" or planning-first I'll do this, next I'll do that and then I'll do...

Thinking is Introverted. It is "inside" your brain. You are working with data that you have collected "in". If you are thinking in the external world you may be talking to yourself out loud and may be crazy.

That is my summary of this thread. I will no longer be participating in this thread or forum in general. I have some serious projects on my plate. Thanks to all who kept this going and had enough curiosity to actually get somatotyped. Good Luck to all. I will no longer be checking out this site including private messages.

Jaguar

There is no such thing as Fe, Ni, Te, Si These are all justifications for Jungs flawed dichotomous structuring of his categories.

Feeling is Introverted - it is "inside" If you are feeling something outside of your body you are probably doing something or somebody.

Intuition is Extroverted - etymologically Intuition originally meant "to see" Seeing is based on what is out there in the real world. If you are seeing "inside" of yourself you are really doing some visual thinking.

Sensation is Extroverted - it is practical. It refers to actions and movement. You move things in your environment - externally. If you are moving something inside your head it is called "thinking" or planning-first I'll do this, next I'll do that and then I'll do...

Thinking is Introverted. It is "inside" your brain. You are working with data that you have collected "in". If you are thinking in the external world you may be talking to yourself out loud and may be crazy.

What is this supposed to be - somatopotato humor?

KDude

Basic flawed assumption that introverted judgement doesn't manifest outside a person. Sounds like a nightmare.

You might need to go outside yourself and double check that one.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think out loud to other people...does that mean i's not crazy?

Jaguar

According to Mr. Somatopotato, if I talk to myself out loud I am "crazy." :static:

Psychdigg

That is my summary of this thread. I will no longer be participating in this thread or forum in general. I have some serious projects on my plate. Thanks to all who kept this going and had enough curiosity to actually get somatotyped. Good Luck to all. I will no longer be checking out this site including private messages.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Damn, I wanted him to type my friend Chuck.

muscles.jpg

G

garbage

Well, this answers the question that I had a billion pages ago on whether somatotyping follows Jung's function definitions :shrug:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, this answers the question that I had a billion pages ago on whether somatotyping follows Jung's function definitions :shrug:

Well at least your questions were answered. He/she's just gone off and left me in the lurch on mine. :shrug:

Think they'll be back?

G

garbage

Think they'll be back?

wasn't he gone at some point and then came back once

I forget and am too lazy to check

In any case, I actually think that those function definitions that he proposed might be worth some thought..

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wasn't he gone at some point and then came back once

I forget and am too lazy to check

In any case, I actually think that those function definitions that he proposed might be worth some thought..

Er yes, hence me wanting questions answered regarding it.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are you smoking? Jung didn't create the four dichotomies. They were spun off his work afterwards. And of course they don't exist -- they do, however, describe a collection of cognitive traits, which are then used to determine Jungian types. You're just muddying the waters by hijacking said types for use in your own system.

S

Stansmith

I've noticed male INFPs tend to be skinnier/longer in build (even their faces somewhat), sometimes even "small" in their presence:

hot-guy-of-the-day2012-06-29_08-01-12andrew-garfield.jpg

130-jarviscocker.jpg

kurt-cobain-kurt-cobain-21805299-1946-2550.jpg

While male ENFPs tend to have a more balanced/slim body shape, with bigger heads or less neck:

tyler-the-creator-celebrities-arrive-at-the-nokia_3496874.jpg

Andy-SamberG-008.jpg

1325186265_russell-brand-article.jpg

I don't think I've seen ENFPs as lanky as Jarvis.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
enneagram actually correlates point eight to mesomorph

This bitch happens to be meso as well.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
enneagram actually correlates point eight to mesomorph

Do you have a link to the resource mentioned above, that correlates Enneagram types to somatotypes? Would be interesting to refer to in its entirety...

DJ Arendee said:
This bitch happens to be meso as well.

Pics or fail, bitch - LOL! :newwink:

:solidarity:

-Halla74

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:notype:

/just saying

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do these even account for fitness? They really should.

I'm ectomorph, but I don't believe this has much to do with type. Only a very small amount. There are body types and personality types of all combinations. I also think there are more body types than 3.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Do these even account for fitness? They really should.

I'm ectomorph, but I don't believe this has much to do with type. Only a very small amount. There are body types and personality types of all combinations. I also think there are more body types than 3.

Agreed, for the most part. I think this is especially true with women. There are at least five major body types for women and within each of these five major types there are several sub-types and variations on the type. Hmmm...maybe that's a thread? Body types of women? At any rate, I know women of all body types and body types are not directly relational to type with the exception that some types may be more prone to eating healthier than others or more prone to exercise. So, take an ENFP, she can be any height, any weight, any shape. The condition she keeps her body in and the way she dresses or presents it may correlate to her type, but the body structural genetics she's born with probably does not.