• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do most people on the internet just happen to be N's?

SuperENTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Honestly, I think you're all wrong- I have noticed that in life, like stick with like. I have the uncanny ability to conjure up USUALLY ONLY EN's and IN types! Me and my EN friend had recently run into a large group of IS types! Wow what a catastrophe! HA HA HA... except I did have a fondness for the ISFJ in the group. There were a few of them that we kind of hit it off with, I'll admit.

SuperENTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
What I'm saying is that it follows that birds of a feather stick together. Same goes for on the internet. Where you lurk, the similar minded will lurk. :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I suppose that's true...

Isn't it funny to see groups of people on the street who have the exact same style as each other?

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I read two other typology forums where I am not a member. S-types on these forums have openly said that there is no anti-S bias (and I don't think there is one either!), and yet, on those forums, 95% of the forum are Ns.

Just saying. I honestly do think that Ns are more interested in typology. They are more inclined to learn a theory just for its own sake, as a mental exercise, even if it has no practical benefit (necessarily). Whereas Ss, ime, especially SJs learn the theory because they want to be better parents, colleagues, etc. Not just for its own sake. Of course this is a generalization. I mean by and large, not these specific cases. I also mean no harm, I am an S myself.

ETA: Keep in mind a very small percent of the population actually likes typology in the first place -- and to the extent of joining a forum? It's very, very rare. It would seem that, regardless of type, most Ns and most Ss alike aren't interested in typology. So it's not that "most Ss spend all their time on facebook and don't like internet activities that make them think", it's that most PEOPLE prefer to spend time on social networking sites, or use the internet for a purpose other than what we are doing here. At least, this is what I have seen.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As far as Internet users in general, the Internet is so ubiquitous today that I don't think there really is a more common or less common type. The difference, I think, is where the users are. Typology forums like this one are going to attract a disproportionately high number of N's. If you're spending most of your Internet time on such forums and other forums related to typically N-oriented interests like philosophy, you could be mistakenly led to believe that most Internet users are Ns.

On the other hand, if you go to a forum pertaining to sports or some hobby more typically associated with S or forums where the prime focus is asking for practical advice rather than speculating on things you'll probably find a majority of sensing types.