• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type Do You Think Evolution Would Predispose Us Toward?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've read SJs are most common. Do you think it's the most obvious choice from an evolutionary standpoint, thereby causing its prevalence?

Naturally, such a statement would assume that at least some aspect of type is genetic. But even if you feel that type is entirely nurture with no nature, which type would you ascribe, I suppose, to the evolutionary progress of our collective species?

Hell, what is the predilection of OTHER species, if you want to speculate?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
In the modern, developed world, I think foolishness is probably one of the biggest killers amongst the young who still have yet to reproduce. ISJs are disinclined towards such actions, for the most part.

How much of type is genetic is a different question, of course.

KDude

ISJs are foolish? I thought they were supposed to be pretty law abiding or conscientious.

It's SPs like myself that can be foolish. ;D Starting out at least.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
What Type Do You Think Evolution Would Predispose Us Toward?
The ones we have. :yes:

Evidence? The types that we already have. They got there by a process of evolution too; whether genetic or cultural is irrelevant, as we are not in a position to differentiate at present. Remember that we are above all social beings, though we may indeed experience ourselves as individuals. Each type plays its part and has a role or roles they fill particularly well in our complex societies, and in a healthy society will naturally gravitate towards them, I would suggest...

G

Ginkgo

The ones we have. :yes:

Evidence? The types that we already have. They got there by a process of evolution too; whether genetic or cultural is irrelevant, as we are not in a position to differentiate at present. Remember that we are above all social beings, though we may indeed experience ourselves as individuals. Each type plays its part and has a role or roles they fill particularly well in our complex societies, and in a healthy society will naturally gravitate towards them, I would suggest...

Intelligent responses are refreshing.

agua-fresca-su-1010529-l.jpg

KDude

Hmm, so you didn't like my "Give SJ's props and being self effacing about my own type" response? Why don't I get a refreshing drink? :(

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
ISJs are foolish? I thought they were supposed to be pretty law abiding or conscientious.

It's SPs like myself that can be foolish. ;D Starting out at least.

No, ISJs are not foolish. I said disinclined.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Damn. My bad.

All is forgiven. We'll take it as proof that being an SP doesn't mean you have fantastic attention to detail. :)

KDude

Not today at least. I think I've been up for 20 hrs at least.

I like Ragashree's reply though. In American society however, it's hard not to notice that the way many things are structured can be very SJ like. I don't know if that really has anything to do with evolution though. Other locales, say.. Argentina or something, might be more SP like (I know they like big asses and hate work. I myself like big asses and hate work. So I'm just gonna say it's SP ;) And in my humble opinion, it would be kind of nice if that's what humanity evolved to).

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
The human mind is far too complex and varied a tool for evolution or genetics to ever be able to motivate it in a specific direction. It works and thinks completely differently for every individual person.

Two stupid people can birth a genius.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ENFP are demi-gods among humans and we will inherit the world one day...one day.

Introversion will no longer be needed because there is no point to being a part of a species if we are met to go our separate ways.

Sensing will no longer be needed because we'll have synthesized all sorts of earthly pleasures inside bottles.

Thinking will no longer be needed because logic will have outlasted its usefulness.

Judging will no longer be needed because work and method and routine will no longer matter since we became immortal.

KDude

You can't contain this in a bottle. And if it's possible, I need a T to make a time machine asap. :cool:

keyra-augustina.jpg

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Probably the type that gets most children. So that would be a combination of:

- The most sexually active types
- The types that are most likely to forget anticonception
- The most religious types
- The types that like children the most
- The types that are the most nurturing
- The types that would least likely wait for having children to develop a carreer (the older you get, the harder it is to get pregnant)
- The least stressfull types (stress causes problems with getting pregnant)
- The types with the healthiest lifestyles
- The types that stay away from risks the most
- The most social types (otherwhise you can't fins a partner to get children with)

When I look at this list that I made, evolution will predispose us towards ESFJ.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably the type that gets most children. So that would be a combination of:

- The most sexually active types
- The types that are most likely to forget anticonception
- The most religious types
- The types that like children the most
- The types that are the most nurturing
- The types that would least likely wait for having children to develop a carreer (the older you get, the harder it is to get pregnant)
- The least stressfull types (stress causes problems with getting pregnant)
- The types with the healthiest lifestyles
- The types that stay away from risks the most
- The most social types (otherwhise you can't fins a partner to get children with)

When I look at this list that I made, evolution will predispose us towards ESFJ.

let me help you out there:

ESTP males and ISFJ females...which is exactly what I've said before. No matter what your type, as a male, you have an inner ESTP, and females have an inner ISFJ. Our other types are just the egg shells. :D

Elemental Chaos

MBTI Type
eNXP
Enneagram
7+4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
With our social system where most people survive and get the chance to reproduce I think I's, N's and J's (due to supposedly being more careful) would have a considerable disadvantage. This goes for industrialized countries anyway. For countries with less social security I have no idea.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My friend who majored in Biology in college said that there's a law of Physics that change can only occur at a certain pace without there being chaos, therefore only about 10% of humans would be strong proponents of change, while the other 90% would have to preserve order so that there would not be disaster.

Of course, the ratio of MBTI types isn't 10% to 90% but I do think of her theory when I think of how there are more SJs than any other type.

I think we're all products of evolution. I don't think any one type is the be all and end all, but I think that a certain balance of personalities is necessary for human society to thrive.

I disagree with the person who said N and J would be at a disadvantage, because FJs have Fe, which is highly conducive to civilized society.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think of tribes competing against each other in an isolated valley, which tribes would be successful? Which would survive long winters and famines to pass on their genes?

Would a monotype tribe be the most succesful? or maybe an even distribution? or a varied distribution but skewed towards SJ?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well you people also have to explore the possibilities of nurture vs. nature. It's not all just physical evolution.

ConstantlyImagining

MBTI Type
INFJ
No matter what your type, as a male, you have an inner ESTP, and females have an inner ISFJ. Our other types are just the egg shells. :D

I disagree with that quite a substantial amount actually. Forgive me if I sound self righteous here, but if there is one group of people I tend to clash with or have nothing in common with it is stereotypical Se dominants