• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and choosing university major...

Lost292

MBTI Type
ISFJ
hey,, how are u all ?!
So,, i did the MBTI Test cause i m confused which major to choose, close to my personality and love my career in future,, so i got ISFJ,, and now i dunno what really to choose,, i m confused between:

- Business:

* Marketing
* Management
* advertisement

Or Finance,,

-Graphic design
( but i m not that creative,, :( )

-Architecture,,

so anyone can help me, about this ?? choosing between these 3 majors,, business architecture or graphic close to my personality ISFJ ? please..
thank you :)
-

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
study what interests you the most, would be my advice... my degrees weren't anything that should be predicted by my personality type and I loved them! I would suggest studying the job market and picking something that would make you hirable, unlike me, though :laugh:

I know ISFJs who are teachers, hydrogeologists, doctors, medical researchers and military... meaning that there really isn't too much of a correlation there :newwink:

Lost292

MBTI Type
ISFJ
well i m not sure what to choose really,, cause i don t find my passion in anything yet,, i find everything interesting to learn,, but i don t know if working in it would be the same

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
maybe just start out taking some broad prerequisite classes that are needed to fill in the slots for just about anything you study and go from there... you'll probably run across something that you really enjoy :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about nursing?

G

Ginkgo

What about nursing?

ISFJ nurse says "Don't get out of bed or you'll hurt yourself!" (SJ stability and Fe love)
"This is what's called an enema. Don't worry, it won't feel funny at all sweetie."

Little_Sticks

hey,, how are u all ?!

I'M GREAT.

HOW ARE YOU?!

What country do you live in? Because in America all you need is a positive attitude and no matter what you do everything will always work out. :worthy:

BTW, at the risk of being an asshole when I don't want to be, I think you're choices kind of suck. But then again, not that I have any clue what would most likely be best for you, or that anyone really even knows what's best for themselves, let alone you or other people, but whatever. Since you are allowing others to suggestively direct your career path, I think you should add more choices to the list :D.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I have to agree. Study what you are interested in. It will make your education less painful. I'm in university now and I'm doing chemistry and bioethics (philosophy courses, mostly) as a double major. My majors obviously aren't that related, but I am studying them because I'm interested. I think that is the best thing you can do for yourself. You are investing in self-improvement.

But you might start studying and after a year or so, decide that you want to change your program based on the courses you've taken, and that's also fine and quite common actually. Definitely choose what you want, anyway, and don't base it solely on type. Some of the MBTI-based career things would have me believe that I can't do chemistry unless I'm an NT.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
ISFJ should enroll in medicine, but chemistry is OK also. Business is recommended for ESTJ and ENFP only. May be an SP will be matching with Graphic design.