• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do people assume your type is? (in real life!)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I wouldn't mind people assuming that about me. Those are 2 of the most revered types in all of MBTI because I mean they get awesome titles like Mastermind and Inventor and Visionary!

Yeah, beats Counselor or Idealist! I want to be called "Creator" or "Brainiac" just kidding, but no, on second thought, maybe I'm not.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I think, if given the explanation of MBTI and INTPs, everyone would agree!

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
If I knew people who wanted to talk or were interested in this subject I imagine they would go for.....I dont know....I only know that everyone who knows me and yes this really is the right quantifier, refers to me as odd, weird and they 'worry about me'.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only know a few peoples irl that know anything bout mbti etc.

Only discussed my own type with one of them who was unsure between esfp and enfp for a wee while... but there were no assumptions...more... watching and calculating.

Oh wait, does vent count?

It's in the middle no?

I think most assume enfp but have had a few suggest enfj and one who really wants me to be esfp.

Liberty

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Most people i know dont classify in personality types....and thats thetruth of it? Where the hell do you find people who avtually go up to you and tell you that you seem like an intj ot ensp or whatever?? Seriosuly, id like to know. (btw, why is everyone here an istj? Its the most rare so is everyone pretending and lying and just filling out the test based on ehat they want to be?) people probably think im an intp and i am. Im a hardcore antisocial nerd who codes c++ for 8 hours and looks for security loopholes until 4am. I hate people and they hate me. I dislike myself and myself probably dislikes me too. Going insane as usual. You ptobably all think im an asshole now and i certainly am.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't mind people assuming that about me. Those are 2 of the most revered types in all of MBTI because I mean they get awesome titles like Mastermind and Inventor and Visionary!

I want to see some negative type titles for a change, not just positive-sounding or neutral ones.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most people i know dont classify in personality types....and thats thetruth of it? Where the hell do you find people who avtually go up to you and tell you that you seem like an intj ot ensp or whatever?? Seriosuly, id like to know. (btw, why is everyone here an istj? Its the most rare so is everyone pretending and lying and just filling out the test based on ehat they want to be?) people probably think im an intp and i am. Im a hardcore antisocial nerd who codes c++ for 8 hours and looks for security loopholes until 4am. I hate people and they hate me. I dislike myself and myself probably dislikes me too. Going insane as usual. You ptobably all think im an asshole now and i certainly am.

For what it's worth, I can tell you the problem here. Assuming you think it's a problem. It's called "coding c++ for 8 hours and looking for security loopholes until 4am." It sounds like you're making some good money, but at the same time it's destroying your soul.

From one INTP to another.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I only know a few peoples irl that know anything bout mbti etc.

Only discussed my own type with one of them who was unsure between esfp and enfp for a wee while... but there were no assumptions...more... watching and calculating.

Oh wait, does vent count?

It's in the middle no?

I think most assume enfp but have had a few suggest enfj and one who really wants me to be esfp.

Hmm vent, that's a good point.

In that case it would be between INFP/INFJ and for some reason....ENTP and INTP lately, but ive no idea why. :shrug:

Ive never seen myself as a T type, but this is largely because 'hardcore' T's tell me im not and I imagine most T types here would point out that a true T type would not accept anothers opinion on this matter just because it is there and holds majority vote.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I want to see some negative type titles for a change, not just positive-sounding or neutral ones.

I agree actually.

INTP: The Lazy Bumbling Daydreamer

INTJ: The Social Misfit

INFJ: The Mystic Nut-Job

ENFJ: The Social Mystic Nut-Job

And so on...

W

WALMART

entp/intp

i can really only go off of vent and my only two friends who know of mbti.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree actually.

INTP: The Lazy Bumbling Daydreamer

INTJ: The Social Misfit

INFJ: The Mystic Nut-Job

ENFJ: The Social Mystic Nut-Job

And so on...

ESTJ: Asshole Boss
ESFJ: Frightening Mother-in-law
INFP: Insecure Wimp on the Block

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, this.
I find surprising how you american easily talk about other people that see you as being other type. I guess it's just because you guys learned about MBTI in high-school right? They apply assessments and stuff...
Other countries - at least mine - doesn't even know what that is. I doubt that even people majoring Psychology here study about MBTI specifically. I don't know a single person that knows about these types, and actually I pretty much like this fact...

Anyway, if people here would know about MBTI, they would probably type me as INFP or ESFP. I wouldn't judge them, even I had a hard time typing myself...

The only other person I've met IRL that has heard of MBTI was my husband.... And that was just because it was mentioned in one of his marketing classes in college... (Showing the ways to learn a person's personality to know how to sell an idea/product to them) I vaguely remember it in high school...but I don't remember us staying on it very long. If I'm not mistaken... Sociology/Psychology were optional in my high school. So, it wasn't in everyone's curriculum.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only two people I know know anything about typology; one thinks I am INTP (she is XNFJ) and my ENFP sister says I'm whatever I think I am. Asking other people's opinions on whether they see me as more of a feeler or a thinker produces mixed results, but the collective opinion seems to be thinker. My ENTJ ex thought I was, my INFP cousin says I am a robot, and I am more of a thinker than the other 6 people in my coven.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've only known a few people irl who knew about mbti and they thought/think i couldn't be anything other than enfp.

Liberty

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For what it's worth, I can tell you the problem here. Assuming you think it's a problem. It's called "coding c++ for 8 hours and looking for security loopholes until 4am." It sounds like you're making some good money, but at the same time it's destroying your soul.

From one INTP to another.

It's an exaggeration, I hate coding of any kind and c++ is probably the worse so I normally am only able to code for like 4 hours max and my frustration gets the best of me. I don't believe in the soul...not really, I'm an atheist...maybe that's part of it.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know anybody IRL who would know anything about MBTI. I would say most people would recognize me as E even if they didn't know anything about types.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's a dead even tie between ENFP and ENTP: half think I'm ENFP, and the other half think I'm ENTP.