• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do people assume your type is? (in real life!)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
If they looked at the type steriotypes or whatever, I'm sure they would still think I'm an ENFP. People who think I'm smart might think I'm an ENTP lol some who think I'm introverted in the classical sense of the word might plug an I in there somewhere. At the end of the day, I think if someone read the ENFP description, they would go 'wow, that's totally nagai!'. The places where I differ from normal ENFP's don't really pop up that much on a day to day basis. If they're impressed by my conceptual discussions, that's pretty much the only thing that would make them think I may be one of the classical smart types lol. I'm not saying I'm all that smart btw, I just have my strengths and can be smart in that arena.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've gotten istj from a girl at a bar, estj from friend's Gf, intj from ex upon making her take an mbti test, and "definitely rational possibly field marshal" from my best friend's father when he discovered keirsey. My best friend's guess after I recently introduced him to typology was esfp

ygolo

My termites win
There are very few people I meet face to face who talk about MBTI. The few that do have said, introvert for sure. INTP, INTJ, and INFP are the most common. Two ENTJs I know believe me to be INTP (though possible INTJ). An ENTP I know typed me as introvert for sure, probably N and P, and was undecided on T-F. An INFJ I know said I was INFP for sure.

The others who talk about MBTI that I've met IRL are on this forum, and I think they kept with the INTP description. The two living in my area (an ENFJ and an ENFP) seemed to believe this description even after hanging out many times.

S

SingSmileShine

Sometimes I get pegged as INFP/INFJ when I'm stressed or depressed.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like to think I come off as a lulzy e3 or a slightly quieter e7 (ESTP/ENFP/ENTP). To strangers atleast. a lot of people who know me better though would probably think i'm an INFP/INTP 4w5 with a 7 head fix

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've probably asked 20 people in real life had they ever heard of MBTI since I got into it around 2006 and none of them had ever heard of it. Even on other non-personality websites and chat rooms I've only found maybe 4 people who've heard of MBTI. From what I've found, there's not many people into this. Then again, it could be that most of the people I've asked about MBTI have been 40+ years old. This is something I've thought about for a long time. It would be nice to find someone IRL who was aware of MBTI, then I would ask them. I've found a few IRL that had heard of Carl Jung but did not know anything in depth about his work. My guess would be that many here are or have been psychology majors/minors and have been in IRL social groups who were aware of MBTI. I've asked 7 of my cousins and they all asked me what MBTI was. I've read some threads on the forums here where some people learned of MBTI in high school but it never was mentioned at my school or any of my cousin's high schools.

I know I'm side tracking here, but this has puzzled me ever since 2006 when I became aware of MBTI. I'd be surprised if I found someone IRL who knew about it. I have asked many times only to get that "huh ???" look.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I ooze Ti dominance and everybody notices!

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
wow, you know people in real life who have heard of MBTI? Where do you find em?

I don't know anybody IRL who has heard of MBTI except for those I told (and none of them followed it up).

Yeah, this.
I find surprising how you american easily talk about other people that see you as being other type. I guess it's just because you guys learned about MBTI in high-school right? They apply assessments and stuff...
Other countries - at least mine - doesn't even know what that is. I doubt that even people majoring Psychology here study about MBTI specifically. I don't know a single person that knows about these types, and actually I pretty much like this fact...

Anyway, if people here would know about MBTI, they would probably type me as INFP or ESFP. I wouldn't judge them, even I had a hard time typing myself...

Last edited:

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I've had 2 people at work, but not whom I work with on a daily basis, talk to me about typology and they both pegged me as ENTJ, which made me lol...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Because I perform in front of people and because I do public speaking, people always assume I'm an extrovert, but what they don't know is that I spend a long time alone building up energy for said events and I spend a long time alone afterwards replenishing it. What they don't know is that everytime I get up and perform or speak, it's because I have a driving need, a passion, for the thing I'm talking about and my need to communicate that passion supersedes my fear of getting up in front of people. Because I have a lot of energy when I'm onstage, people assume that I love to be surrounded by people most of the time, but really, I don't. People wear me down so I have to retreat. They don't always get that I'm looking at the bigger picture and not just what's comfortable for me on a personal level.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N/A.

I don't know anybody in my everyday live who cares one whit about typology. I am surrounded by practical sensors. And back in the day when I knew some people who were kind of into it, nobody offered a varying opinion about my type. I know one intuitive but he says he has never taken a personality test.

Psychology is a soft science, and typology is barely considered a valid form of psychology at best. Everybody wants to be more practical. They go online to look for equipment or machines. They go to college to study welding, electricity, mechanics, business econ, or at the most, medicine. I know one guy who studied Japanese so he could be a teacher (it didn't pan out and now he's working at a low-end manual labor job). These are the types at the top of the intellectual ladder around here, and the rest are barely literate or even illiterates who can't read or count.

[Edit - I almost forgot to mention the guy who works on the manual labor side here who wants to be an economist - yet another practical occupation.]

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Genius- though I fight it alot.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
NICE

lol

Most people would not believe me to be an introvert.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One person who knew mildly about mbti typed me an ISTP. Any others kept me on my own judgement.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NICE

lol

Most people would not believe me to be an introvert.

All of this pretty much applies to me too. :D Although I'm not sure if it's "most" people who wouldn't believe me to be an introvert, but certainly "a lot."

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would say EVERYONE that knows me would type me as an introvert....those that know me pretty good would say I was EXTREMELY hard to get into my inner circle.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I get asssumed to be more T and more E the rest stay the same so either INTP or ENFP or ENTP

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP and INTJ.... Cruel irony.

I wouldn't mind people assuming that about me. Those are 2 of the most revered types in all of MBTI because I mean they get awesome titles like Mastermind and Inventor and Visionary!