• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do people assume your type is? (in real life!)

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
People who know me well: ESFJ or ENFJ

People I meet at social events, bars, etc.: ESFP

People I meet in school: ENTJ

People on here: Exxx

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
To the best of my knowledge, only one person has ever tride typing me. She thought I was an INTP.

Ingrid in grids

Most people I meet are oblivious of MBTI: However if they knew something about it they would likely assume the following in the following environments:

At school; working; leadership position etc. - ENFJ

Whenever MBTI comes up in social conversation and I go on to explain the theory (usually by the Keirsey model), people, particularly if they don't know me too personally, are surprised to learn that I'm an introvert.

At home; with close friends - INFJ

In new social situations; alone in public - INxJ

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Many people have told me that (after a little bit of time of getting to know me) that I appear to be an INTJ or an ISTP. Of course, I've only tested in the latter, and in no way am I a J...it's merely the vibe I give off when I'm in certain situations.

What do people in your life assume your type is?

It varies.
Common assumptions from those who don't know me well include:

DICK
ADHD
HUGE
NUTZ
PEST
:cheese:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'm not sure, they all agree with the NFP part, but no one in my real life, except family members lol :smile:, thinks I'm introverted.

cellar door

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
At places where I feel obligated to be social to avoid coming across as rude, I think I come off as an ENFJ.

Otherwise, I'd say INFJ as my runner up.

I think my true personality is projected accurately, mostly because I try to avoid people that would make me feel forced to be out of character.

algeerot

MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
5w6
Most people I meet are oblivious of MBTI: However if they knew something about it they would likely assume the following in the following environments:

Club Partying: ESTP
Romancing: ESFP
Work product: INTJ
Work Environment: INTP
Internet chatting: ENTP
Singing: ENFJ
Dancing: ESFP
Dinner party: xNTP

This is me too. When I am hanging out with my close friends, I am either like a INFJ or ENTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Many people have told me that (after a little bit of time of getting to know me) that I appear to be an INTJ or an ISTP. Of course, I've only tested in the latter, and in no way am I a J...it's merely the vibe I give off when I'm in certain situations.

What do people in your life assume your type is?
No one I know IRL actually knows anything about MBTI, but most people have the impression I'm more introverted than I actually am. When I tell them about it they tend to think INTP right off the bat.

lolol

Permabanned
MBTI Type
:)
Enneagram
Online: Shockingly ENTP. Apparently only ENTPs are allowed to be witty.
In person: I have a few friends of mine convinced I'm an introvert.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I've never really asked, nor do I think anybody I know really is all that way deep into MBTIs.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well I don't know about type, but most people think I'm an artist. It's really kind of funny since nothing could be farther from the truth. I seriously doubt people would type me as an introvert at all since most people assume based on my choices in career and hobby that I'm extremely extroverted, but again - not even close... which is why I personally try to avoid prejudging others..

annnie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Hey,

(First post on this site!)

I am an ENTP but pretty much everyone thinks I'm an introvert based on behaviour - I did actually used to test as INTP but on the 'real' definition of I/E based on energy use/source rather than 'sociability' am definitely an E, though can be quite quiet with people. (I think people think it's shyness or keeping myself to myself but really I'm so different from most other people and/or look down on them :devil: that I won't get involved or am just 100 miles off thinking about some idea or other, though with the right group I will gain energy very easily (whether I know the group or not!))

Also probably come off as more T than I am really - F/T is only quite weak and I do have a 'feeling' response quite often (but definitely a T still based on other ENFP types I know it's the only other possibility) but can seem to other people very much "head" oriented and am not really necessarily, it's a rationalisation.

Sooo... INTP

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ive been told, by people who know "the real me" and about MBTI...that I come off as ESTP to people who are mere acquaintances to me.

It must be the Fe Ni Se vs Se Ti Fe thing.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
My family would type me as INTP if they could.

Most others would type me as ENTP or ESTJ.

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Don't have any friends sufficiently interested in MBTI, but it came up the other day when a friend saw me reading a type description online. When I described Ti and Ne, they both kind of exploded with, "Yeah, that's totally you." Didn't realize I came off so Ti in person with casual friends.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Very few people around here know about the MBTI, but the ones I've come across know I'm introverted and a thinker. So IxTx would probably fit.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Never actually asked anyone, but I'd say that it depends entirely on what sort of environment they encounter me in:

Work: INTJ
Family: INTP
Friends: Ixxx

Like Talullah said, I also tend to take on roles that I'd ordinarily not pretty quickly, but it easily tires/stresses me out. Hence the "J" at work.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Club Partying: ESTP
Romancing: ESFP
Work product: INTJ
Work Environment: INTP
Singing: ENFJ
Dancing: ESFP
Dinner party: xNTP
For me, i'd say it probably goes as follows:

Club partying: ESFP
Romancing: ENFP
Work product: ESTJ
Work environment: INTP
Singing: Fuck if I know... ESFP?
Dancing: ENTP (I make up my own crazy moves :D)
Dinner Party: ENFP, probably.

soft

MBTI Type
infp
acquaintances - ISTP
most of my acquaintances seem to think that i don't care at all about what anyone thinks of me and that i have no strong emotions. i've been called a badass (kind of an ISTP stereotype) many times by people who don't know me that well. they think that i just play video games, play guitar, and smoke a lot of weed, which are all things an actual ISTP i know does a lot too.

closest friends - INFP
it takes me a while to open up to people, so only my closest friends know the intensity of my feeling.

family - INTP
my parents think that i'm some kind of genious that hasn't realized his potential. i mean, i was pretty smart growing up, but they have such high expectations for my intelligence and it bugs me. they definitely don't think i'm very emotional.

strangers when i'm having a good night (acting crazy) - ENFP
i can be the life of the party when i'm with a few people that i know very well (or alcohol is involved). people who meet me on those kinds of nights are often surprised when they see me later and i'm much more reserved.

strangers when my introversion is obvious - ISTP
similar reasons as acquaintances

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are really random categories, I'm going to try it myself:

Club partying: xsfp
Romancing: esfp
Work product: The product of my work? entj
Work environment: depends on my mood: esfp normally, entj under pressure
Internet chatting: enfp
Singing: istj.. :) I'm not a good singer
Dancing: isfp (shy until I get more into it)
Dinner Party: esfj