• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do people assume your type is? (in real life!)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My wife said reading about ISTPs was like reading a biography on me. No one would ever assume I am J or E.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The few people I know IRL who know about Myers-Briggs tend to agree with my INTP self-typing.

I think I come across as somewhat more E and F IRL because my job pressures me to use those more.

Sunny Ghost

I have friends who know a little bit about MBTI due to psychology courses or having gone through counseling... but I don't think any of them go around typing others in the same way that I do. No one that I know of has given a guess on me.

However, I've had many people tell me they thought I was more extroverted than I actually am. I'm just not the shy and quiet little girl I used to be. If people I knew were more into MBTI, I assume they might think of me as ExFx.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't really know anyone who was versed in MBTI before I made them take the test. Everyone who knows me IRL and reads the INTP profile agrees that it explains a lot about me. :smile:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
A colleague typed me as ENTJ once. I think I've heard INFP and INTJ before.

Everyone who knows me IRL and reads the INTP profile agrees that it explains a lot about me. :smile:
:thelook: *defriends you*

Really though, same for me. :D

xisnotx

Permabanned
Well, my mom has typed me as intj and entj.
I would guess most of my other family would type me as entp or esfp
I would say that most people (if they knew mbti theory) could correctly guess xxtp within a couple minutes of talking to me. Maybe even ixtp.

Nicodemus

No one outside the internet (someone guessed I could be INTP) has ever typed me. I doubt anyone from 'the realm of the real' would consider me E or P; S only if there is absolutely nothing to the traditionalist cliché; F, perhaps, if it is confused with politeness.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No one I know is interested in MBTI.

But I guess most people that know me relatively well would see me as a INTP because people think I'm very independent, logical, analytical and detached. I can also come off as ENFP if people don't know me all that well because the Ne can get carried away at times and I can appear more extroverted than I really am - this impression only lasts so long though...

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
The only people offline that knows about MBTI (that I know of), are people I told about it. None of them cared enough to say what they thought. lol.

I think I'm a pretty obvious INFP though. If someone did know enough about it, I'm pretty sure they'd guess right.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If anyone's seriously lamenting over not having any mbti discussion buddies, try meetup.com.

There's probably other sites too.

That said, people usually guess my type correctly.

enfjs and entjs who find enough of an interest to meet have been the most difficult for me to accurately type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know relatively few people who know about MBTI, but here's what most people think
Parents: XXTJ 8w9 I don't like them at all, so I try to stay polite and distant from them like a TJ
Best Friend: ENFP 4w3 (he actually knows about MBTI. he says he'd think INFP if he didn't know me better though. even with my F being very subtle, he's pretty much 100% T so compared to him it's obvious)
High School: ENTP or ENTJ 8w7 (I was a heartless bitch in high school. I had no friends and all I thought about was money
Dorms: outgoing INTJ 8w9 (I can't blame them, I do walk around with a trench coat and aviators making plans about researching about various investment vehicles and dropping INTJ-eque one liners all over the place)
High School Job: ISFJ 2w1 (I used to have a "character I played at work. I obviously couldn't be my usual dramatic, wild and crazy ENFP self at work, so I turned it into a game and played the part of an ISFJ) oh come on! I worked at a grocery store for crying out loud lol
High School Voice Teacher: INFJ 2w1
College Voice Teacher: INTJ 9 both wings
Professors: INTJ 5w4
most guys who first meet me: ENTJ 8w9
most women that first meet me: INTJ 4w5
the few friends I did have in high school: INTJ 8w7
choir: ENFP 8w7

everyone guesses N right away, the vast majority guess T, J/P about 50/50 and slightly more guess I than E

Atomic Fiend

They don't think I'm any type. There's a reason I'm the only member from South Florida who posts regularly on this board.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ixxx. I never leave my house - that's all anyone'd have to go on. :laugh:

My aunt is the only one IRL whom I've ever talked with about MBTI. She thought I was an INTP. I think I just seem that way around family. :shrug:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
ENP, which is annoying, because when I return to earth and to my introverted ways, people are still expecting me to maintain the ENP energy level/happy go-lucky charm.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I tried to get my friends interested in MBTI...for a whole minute my friends went wow then meh lets talk about something else. I'm not a type, I'm THE TYPE. :D
I'm seen as that quiet dude in the corner who doesn't talk much.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
No one I know in real life knows about MBTI, except my dad (who only knows Keirsey, and still thinks I am an NT lolol).

I probably come across as Ixxx... maybe INxx since I'm pretty "spacey" and don't notice things/people/noise/lamp posts in my environment. I'm quite slow to react because I'm usually out to lunch when something that requires a reaction, happens.