• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

my friend's type change

bai_lin83

after i told my friend about the personality test we both took a few years back, we both decided to take it again.

he got INFJ back then. i got intj.

we both took the keirsey test. he had a hard time getting the full test result. he only got SJ. i offered to help him out after he got frustrated after a few tries.

i wasnt that all surprised about his type change.

it's just that i wonder if certain life events can cause people to really change..

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
after i told my friend about the personality test we both took a few years back, we both decided to take it again.

he got INFJ back then. i got intj.

we both took the keirsey test. he had a hard time getting the full test result. he only got SJ. i offered to help him out after he got frustrated after a few tries.

i wasnt that all surprised about his type change.

it's just that i wonder if certain life events can cause people to really change..
No.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Getting two different results when taking the same MBTI test twice is perfectly normal (normal as in: it happens all the time). It could have happened even if only 30 minutes had passed between the two times you took the test.

Last edited:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Getting two different results when taking the same MBTI test twice is perfectly normal (normal as in: it happens all the time). It could have happened even if only 30 minutes had passed between the two times you took the test.
What is the length of a passage in time?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

Tests only points to potential type of the person... there's always a probability involved. So results can vary.

However, can your actual personality type change? Is it always the same? Except you haven't fully understood and mistyped yourself earlier?

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
However, can your actual personality type change? Is it always the same? Except you haven't fully understood and mistyped yourself earlier?
Those are interesting questions, but how do we go about finding their answers?