• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell us about your MBTI testing experience

How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?

Votes: 22 17.3%

Votes: 27 21.3%

Votes: 34 26.8%

Votes: 18 14.2%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I took it in law school by a teacher who I initially was off put by ENFP (teacher) but who later I learned to respect.

I got INTP and I was initially a bit disappointed that I wasn't a INTJ when I tested but soon came to appreciate my big Pness and what I could do with it.

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
when i first took an online mbti test, i was 14 i think and got entp. then a couple years later i took it again and got enfp, and tested as one consistently for a while. now i'm 99% sure i'm infp and never test as anything else.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm biased when I take those tests, so really depending on how blatent or extreme the question is, I'll get different results.

I'm trying to find out my strength of preferences. I know it's a mix of Si/Te/Fi/Ne but I don't relate to xSTJ to xNFP

I see some kind of meeting point between IxTJ and IxTP type tendencies in myself.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was an ENTP as a youngin. But the world has now sufficiently ground the mystery and delight from my soul, and I stand the hallowed shell of an ENTJ you see before you now.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENFP, INFJ, ENFJ.

I frequently, I mean almost always, test ENFP. Think it's somewhat due to my 'have an initial guideline, allow spontaneity beyond that' outlook, so I frequently respond in a P light.
When I've retested lately, with mbti and functions tests, I have been ENFJ. It's a pleasant surprise.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I'm biased when I take those tests, so really depending on how blatent or extreme the question is, I'll get different results.

I'm trying to find out my strength of preferences. I know it's a mix of Si/Te/Fi/Ne but I don't relate to xSTJ to xNFP

I see some kind of meeting point between IxTJ and IxTP type tendencies in myself.
I think a lot of descriptions are written by NPs who don't really do the SJ type justice. That'd be part of the reason we seem to have so much disdain for those types and why we tend to attribute SJ types to the rigid and frankly retarded people in our lives.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think a lot of descriptions are written by NPs who don't really do the SJ type justice. That'd be part of the reason we seem to have so much disdain for those types and why we tend to attribute SJ types to the rigid and frankly retarded people in our lives.

I think it's important to note that SJs tend to have a stabilizing influence, and tend to become defenders of the values they were raised with (although not always, of course). I was raised in a conservative town in Texas some years ago, and the traditional descriptions of SJs ring pretty true for that environment. I think SJs growing up today in a more dynamic and tolerant environment are much more flexible.

As far as testing experiences, I've almost always tested as an INFP (although very occasionally INTP). I took the MBTI Step II and was mostly in preference for most facets (and often more extreme than most INFPs). But on the Thinking facets, I scored as more reasonable (than compassionate), and at the midline of the logical/empathetic facet. Makes sense to me, given my e5-ish tendencies.

Silveresque

I often test INTP because of my developed Ti. Really depends on the test and how accurate it is. Anyways, I remember back when I first learned about the MBTI I thought I was an ISFP. At the time I hadn't taken any actual tests so I was just guessing. I know now that I am definitely an N. I didn't really know the difference between sensing and intuiting at the time.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

True...

I think in all cases it's better to let your observations define the functions over the reverse. I think that would make this a much more valuabe theory, and more will find it useful.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
True...

I think in all cases it's better to let your observations define the functions over the reverse. I think that would make this a much more valuabe theory, and more will find it useful.

Yes, totally agree. If you don't do this. The theories just kind of... stop at a point. They just don't allow you to reach out as far as you need to to understand people, (though the theory does do a pretty good job.) Unless you have the ways and means and wants to perform giant studies, personal observation to come to conclusions, (beyond written theory) is essential.

SpacemanSpiff

MBTI Type
INFP
I fudged it when I first took it in 7th grade. I got whichever type Kiersey calls "The Promoter." Since then it's always been INFP, and a strong one at that.

iris.moon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
I've always been an INFP, but one time a test told me I was an INTP. I guess it wasn't very serious because all the T/F questions were only about Te/Fe. I have lots of Fi but not so much Fe!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
xNTx and ISTx - that's 6 for me.

Standuble

3. In the extreme majority I score INFP. On rare occasions (I take the tests for fun) I score INTP and on one site in particular I sometimes score INFJ (?).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've tested as every I type except ISFP and every N type except ENTJ. I've never tested as any ESxx type. So that makes 10 out of 16. 95% of the time though, I test in the INxx quadrant. There is alot of variation within INxx though. I test INTJ and INFP just about as much as INTP and I've gotten INFJ quite a bit too. I waste time taking too many type tests.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have tested INFP, ENFP, and INFJ. On the official MBTI, I scored INFP.

Given the graph at its current state, most people have had 3 types, then 2, then 1. It's not altogether bad, really.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've only ever tested INTP. That being said, by this point I've out figured enough about how it works to game the system and get the answer I want.

Hmm, that itself seems pretty INTP.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
14 or 15 results. I believe the one I haven't gotten is ISFJ. Perhaps one other, but I'm not sure.

Other psychological tests have had much more reliable results in my case.

Edit: I usually only get ENTJ results these days. Probably because I like how the world works a certain way. Even in my most hippie moments I still get ENTJ results these days. I also find that getting different results was not a mark of insanity, but getting the same results (without trying so) is indication of having found oneself. Just guessing, thol.