• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell us about your MBTI testing experience

How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?

Votes: 22 17.3%

Votes: 27 21.3%

Votes: 34 26.8%

Votes: 18 14.2%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
I have tested as all P types. I think there needs to be questions that address the different functions, whether it is introverted or extraverted. Not just one dichotomy measured as either or. The best kind of test would have further questions that depended on previous answers. It would be dynamic, it would build as it went.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I took my first MBTI test six years ago. Since then, I´ve always scored my actual type on all the online tests.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Socionics tests are fucking awful. It's better to study the theory, and self-type.

Or just ignore Socionics altogether. It's complicated as fuck.

But it's not vague and ridiculous the way MBTI function descriptions are...

I'd actually rather argue about socionics functions than MBTI ones, if only because they are properly defined...

I've gotten INTJ, INTP, and, on certain auxiliary tests (eg. "what's your love type",) INFP.

Socionics and function breakdowns put me squarely in the ENTP camp, though.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI functions are very well-defined. People just don't like the definitions, so they make up new ones.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
MBTI functions are very well-defined. People just don't like the definitions, so they make up new ones.

This is one of those cases where Ne doesn't cut it to sources.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I took a non-official test when I was about thirteen and got INFP then. Then when I was sixteen, took it again and, again, got INFP. I found a lot, if not, all of it very accurate, but I was suspicious. I didn't really believe I could possibly be a "rare" personality. So I took one again and got ISFP.

I looked at descriptions of both types...and realized that they really weren't that different except that ISFP's are just a tad bit more logical and reasonable and a little less eccentric.

But, yeah, I've typed two different types. More recently I've began questioning if I may have morphed into INTP. It seems like I over-think a lot. I don't know...

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJ, INTP, ISTP, ESFP, ENFP, ESTP, ESFJ

It's like you can watch my crawl out of depression with these results! When I first took the test I was seriously depressed and pretty well never left my house, just sat around and played MMOs with friends... Very cynical and not my usual friendly self... INTJ didn't fit, so I tested again and got INTP, made more sense... at the time! I'm pretty sure my ESFP was due to getting away from my ex-husband and feeling the need to go out and party all the time and be surrounded by my friends. And then I reconnected with my now fiance and have since been happy and settled down and consistently test as ESFJ and do fit the description.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first time I took an official MBTI test was in ninth grade, about 15 years ago, and I was classed as an ENTJ. In the intervening years, I have taken many online tests, which have given me either ENTJ or ESTJ, but more often ESTJ more recently. Three years ago I had an Official Test through a career counselor and was typed ESTJ. N/S is the only letter I can see myself wavering on.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I got ENTJ on the first test andt INTJ on another test. Then on a high school test I got INTJ and would score as such until about two years ago. The one thing that has remained constant is the "NT".

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I consistently test INTP (for 7 years that was all I tested), sometimes INFP (more frequently now), and occasionally INFJ (although less so now). I don't recall ever testing as anything else.... Familiarity with test questions keeps me squarely INxP now, always close on T/F.

I identify with being Fi-dom and cannot see myself as anything but INFP in this theory, as no other description fits quite as well. I've never gotten the results on the official test as I was broke when I took it & didn't want to shell out the money, but familiarity with the type of questions leads me to think it was likely INfP.

Random Ness

In longer, more accurate tests I always get INFJ. In shorter tests sometimes I get ISxJ which I guess is the enneagram 6 sp side of me.

Also, I find many Es don't know themselves very well and get a different score each test they take. So me and my introverted friend type them ourselves. :alttongue:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It depends..., if you mean any test that'll give one of those 16 types, I've probably gotten about 6-8 different results, due to some of the tests being a bit silly.

On the serious tests, I get INTP about 92% of the time, INTJ 7%, and might've got INFP and/or ENTP once or twice. I heard that I tested ISFP once as a child.

Qre:us

I have consistently tested as one type, with recommendations of other types for me to consider if the main one does not resonate, due to differing % on the tests.

However, it's always only one type that's churned out, again and again - without fail.

When I read the profile for said type, there was no doubt. It was eerily accurate.

SolitaryWalker

So 0, as per the poll [which is not an option - why?].

As "How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?", with the first option being "1", means that at least, 1 difference observed - meaning 2 types in total. This leaves out those with 0 difference, meaning 1 type in total.

:dont: @ poll. We coulda been your control group. Hmmph.

G

garbage

As "How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?", with the first option being "1", means that at least, 1 difference observed - meaning 2 types in total. This leaves out those with 0 difference, meaning 1 type in total.

:dont: @ poll. We coulda been your control group. Hmmph.

I think most people probably interpreted the poll to be 'How many types have you tested as?'

Huh, I can see the ambiguity in the wording now.

Qre:us

I think most people probably interpreted the poll to be 'How many types have you tested as?'

Ah, yeah, there's that likely interpretation. :blush:

Huh, I can see the ambiguity in the wording now.

/anal-retentive tendencies with thought precision :doh:

Thanks for the heads up, Meat.