• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell us about your MBTI testing experience

How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?

Votes: 22 17.3%

Votes: 27 21.3%

Votes: 34 26.8%

Votes: 18 14.2%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahh, makes sense. :yes: It's a fallacy to divide S/N that way of course, but in fairness that is the general trend; which is why, for example, this forum is around 90% N. ;) Sensors, unlike us, have lives. :tongue:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5: ISTP, ESTP, ENTP, INTP, ISTJ, in that order of frequency.

Oh, actually, I just remember that I've got ESTJ recently.:doh: And alos ENTJ one time.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Or spending too much time on a computer researching shit can lead a Sensor to test as Intuitive :devil:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5: ISTP, ESTP, ENTP, INTP, ISTJ, in that order of frequency.

Oh, actually, I just remember that I've got ESTJ recently.:doh: And alos ENTJ one time.
You're totally an ENFJ.

like, totally bro

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly! I've often feel like a N when I was on the Internet. I've felt like I was connected with the big picture or something weird like that.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're totally an ESFJ.

like, totally bro

You made me laugh!:laugh:

Though if it's note a pure joke, I'm curious about your argument. I'm clearly not enough gossip to be ESFJ.

EDIT: Ah no, you say ENFJ actually. Oh yes, I'm a guru wanabee.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm kidding. ;)

In all seriousness, you certainly do seem to be some sort of Ti-dom, from your posts.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've only ever gotten INTP from comprehensive tests. I've gotten INTP,INFP,ENTP,ENTJ,ISTP (organized by frequency) from the quick little tests that float around.

Havane

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
There is a lot of truth to what you've said, but I think you may be confusing the functions with the spectrums. A percentage or scale representing extroversion on one end and introversion on the other is a spectrum, whereas the functions like Te, Ti, Se, Si, etc. are more concrete and just come in a specific order, as opposed to there being a large gray area like with the spectrums. When you look at it in terms of the extrovert/introvert spectrum, it's really difficult to say where I stand personally with those criteria, such as being energized by others. I have other things on my mind, like how to do the socially appropriate thing. I like being with people though, I think I've just been ridiculed to solitude for the most part, which has made me more used to being alone and working alone. Most introvert criteria doesn't fit me so well, and the introverts on here, most notably ISTJs, come off to me as being more socially apathetic than I am.

What you said about the functions and spectrums is very true, but all I meant was that figuring out your function order can be more beneficial than reading descriptions of various types. While many people can read a description and have it fit them very well, others relate to more than one description or not to any description at all. For those people, looking at the functions (and the spectrums, as you said) can be very helpful.

From everything you've said about yourself, I agree that ESTJ fits you better than ISTJ. Maybe you could identify as an "eSTJ"?

... Last night I was with my INFJ friend and her INTJ boyfriend. I honestly felt like a hybrid between the two, and for a while kind of have. :)

I also feel as though I'm this weird INFJ-INTJ hybrid. I've found that discovering what my Enneagram type is (and, to a lesser extent, my SLOAN type) has given a more comprehensive view of my personality. I think that the Enneagram and MBTI are much more useful combined than they are separated. An INFP 7 is going to be much different from an INFP 4, for example.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I first took the test when I was 16 and scored ENFJ, I've taken the test at least 6 more times after that through out the years and still scored ENFJ. Pretty cool stuff <3. I want my workplace to administer the MBTI typology test for team building reasons, we need it :|!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Talionis
This is why I find MBTI to be far more insightful and interesting, if sometimes "less" reliable. It offers a far more comprehensive and intuitive insight into personality types, and as a result, provides more applicative knowledge for the student of psychometrics..

'Comprehensiveness' and 'intuitive insight' are the key terms here that serve as the fulcrum of modern-day folk typology.

I think it is possible that your interpretation of the words "comprehensiveness" and "intuitive insight" may mean different things than Lex though I am guessing since he is not here to defend himself. One reason why someone could say that MBTI is more comprehensive than other things is that there is simply so much more literature on it that it is of greater practical utility. In my mind, the important thing is not so much the statistical validity or reliability of an assessment tool. It's about the practical utility of the model. If Lex is an INTJ and he refers to "intuitive insight" then he is likely referring, perhaps unconsciously, to his Ni, which does not require precision of any sort.

I've gotten ESTJ and ISTJ. Now, with the knowledge that I have Asperger's, it's hard to know whether what the test considers "introversion" is just a representation of poor social skills/confidence in them, or if it is indeed introversion. Even after having observed people on this forum here for almost a year now, it's hard to know where I stand.

To be honest with you max, I'd be hesitant to apply rigid function theory to someone with aspergers. I'm not sure the theory really applies to them.

I completely agree with this Andy. I know someone very well who is an ENFJ with Aspergers. MBTI/Typology seems pretty near useless for him - at least in practical terms.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP or ESTP (recently), usually.

I sometimes test introvert, but that mostly depends on my mood when I'm taking it.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
What you said about the functions and spectrums is very true, but all I meant was that figuring out your function order can be more beneficial than reading descriptions of various types. While many people can read a description and have it fit them very well, others relate to more than one description or not to any description at all. For those people, looking at the functions (and the spectrums, as you said) can be very helpful.

From everything you've said about yourself, I agree that ESTJ fits you better than ISTJ. Maybe you could identify as an "eSTJ"?
Right, and like you said before, any aspie's type will look different than neurotypicals of that type. I've thought of that alternative identification, but I'm pretty sure I am indeed extroverted overall.

I completely agree with this Andy. I know someone very well who is an ENFJ with Aspergers. MBTI/Typology seems pretty near useless for him - at least in practical terms.

That's pretty much it. What the MBTI was supposed to be useful for, for example, making career and major decisions, isn't going to be helpful in my case.

KDude

that's not what it is for, is it? i mean, i think it was just academic interest on jung's part at first, then later, it's had wider application.. not just jobs, but theories on relationships, social interaction styles, helping people understand where others come from a bit more. it still could be helpful for you. do what you want with it.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's not what it is for, is it? i mean, i think it was just academic interest on jung's part at first, then later, it's had wider application.. not just jobs, but theories on relationships, social interaction styles, helping people understand where others come from a bit more. it still could be helpful for you. do what you want with it.

Good question. What is it for? Maybe:

- Understanding others a little better which helps us to appreciate and accept the differences. If you know what somebody's type is, it does give you some level of insight into what they are like.
- Understanding yourself a little better. In that light, it can be used for self development.

I do think it can be used to help you figure out what kind of job you may want if it is combined with other things - like the strong interest inventory and personal inquiry. However, it might be best at helping you to narrow down a list of options vs. helping you to figure out the job you'd really love. If you have a job that is heavily counter to your preferences, it is predictable that you would be under more stress than one that is aligned.

I don't think it can be used very well to predict behavior.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also feel as though I'm this weird INFJ-INTJ hybrid. I've found that discovering what my Enneagram type is (and, to a lesser extent, my SLOAN type) has given a more comprehensive view of my personality. I think that the Enneagram and MBTI are much more useful combined than they are separated. An INFP 7 is going to be much different from an INFP 4, for example.

Yes, I have always gotten RCOEI on SLOAN, and am 5w4. Honestly 5w4 in conjunction with the instinctual variants (I'm sp/so) has been much more eye-opening to me on a personal level than mbti ever was.... so definitely agree w/ you re. enneagram in conjunction with mbti = more comprehensive view of personality.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've tested as 14 different types.. never ISFJ or ESFJ, but all the others, yeah. Usually I've needed just a slightly different mindset to genuinely score as a different type. That's the thing with the typology system: deviate ever so slightly from the XXXX type, and you will score as anything. Scoring 51% or 49% on any scale will make all the difference.

Why did they devise a system where every type is adjacent to every other type?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Probably around 6. It is not the fault of the tests; you can't take a test to discover your type. There are no short-cuts, you have to understand the material you are identifying with.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've got five already. I want to collect all 16!
ENTP, INTP close second (E vs I hugely depends on the ration of 'need interaction to function' vs 'love socializing and gossiping' questions)
two or three ENFPs, one ESTJ (S? J??) and one INFJ (J again?!). I thought the J types would be the most difficult for me to get followed by the S types. I'm actually surprised no test came up with INFP yet, the one which would complete my NP collection.