• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell us about your MBTI testing experience

How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?

Votes: 22 17.3%

Votes: 27 21.3%

Votes: 34 26.8%

Votes: 18 14.2%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jon Snow

MBTI Type
INFP

I found a result from an old forum while stalking myself from about 4-5 years ago, i was pretty surprised to see i tested as ENTJ...

Then about a year ago i took a test and got INTP, got INTP for a while sometimes getting INFP on some random tests.I also scored INFP on some ''official'' test that included other types of results not that long ago.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I admit, I've never taken the real test, I'm a fraud.

*cries*

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
There is a lot of truth to what you've said, but I think you may be confusing the functions with the spectrums. A percentage or scale representing extroversion on one end and introversion on the other is a spectrum, whereas the functions like Te, Ti, Se, Si, etc. are more concrete and just come in a specific order, as opposed to there being a large gray area like with the spectrums. When you look at it in terms of the extrovert/introvert spectrum, it's really difficult to say where I stand personally with those criteria, such as being energized by others. I have other things on my mind, like how to do the socially appropriate thing. I like being with people though, I think I've just been ridiculed to solitude for the most part, which has made me more used to being alone and working alone. Most introvert criteria doesn't fit me so well, and the introverts on here, most notably ISTJs, come off to me as being more socially apathetic than I am.

If you are more interested in a "spectrum" style analysis, the big five may offer you more joy than function theory. It's worth baring in mind that the functions are about what you want to do, rather than what you end up being forced to do. From your description here, I would say it's more likely that you are ESTJ than ISTJ.

The problem I've always had with asperger and functions is that I've never been entirely happy with the way it effects the percieving functions. As far as I can tell, it causes a reliance on Si, or at least effects the way Si works. I'm unsure what it does to the other percieving functions.

There is a part of me that just wants to say "Aspergers forces people to act like ISJs, with a highly dominant Si and terribly suppressed Ne." Trouble is, I'm not convinced it's true!

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
If you are more interested in a "spectrum" style analysis, the big five may offer you more joy than function theory. It's worth baring in mind that the functions are about what you want to do, rather than what you end up being forced to do. From your description here, I would say it's more likely that you are ESTJ than ISTJ.

The problem I've always had with asperger and functions is that I've never been entirely happy with the way it effects the percieving functions. As far as I can tell, it causes a reliance on Si, or at least effects the way Si works. I'm unsure what it does to the other percieving functions.

There is a part of me that just wants to say "Aspergers forces people to act like ISJs, with a highly dominant Si and terribly suppressed Ne." Trouble is, I'm not convinced it's true!

I don't particularly prefer one style over the other, but the poster I quoted said "focus entirely on the functions" then started talking about the spectrums, so I was just trying to give the best response I could. And I think you give good reasoning as to why the function theory doesn't work the same way for aspies. I could easily see how the repetitive routines/activities could be interpreted as Si, when it's really more the Asperger's than it is the function.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you are more interested in a "spectrum" style analysis, the big five may offer you more joy than function theory. It's worth baring in mind that the functions are about what you want to do, rather than what you end up being forced to do.
This is a massive problem with the MBTI at the moment, and the free rip-offs of it online. There's no distinction in the questions. To make it more accurate you need to separate most especially a Perceiving preference from executive dysfunction.

For example, a test should never ask simply how often someone is late to appointments, but how important they feel punctuality is in the first place. True Ps are rather flippant about being late unless there are clearly going to be external negative consequences for it, while Js feel inherently more comfortable, ready and proud of themselves when making appointments with time to spare. Both of these people will score as Ps with the current test questions if they have frontal lobe abnormalities leading to executive dysfunction.

Executive dysfunction makes people often unaware that they're making themselves late and also renders them ineffective at remedying the situation when they do notice, because they're misplacing items, forgetting what they're doing constantly etc. and so are highly inefficient in the process of getting anywhere.

A J will just be more readily pained by this affliction than a P, who might have to face punitive action, relationship strain or reach a crisis point before suffering emotionally from chronic lateness and certain other resulting problems.

KDude

I have Se. All this stuff about forgetting what I'm doing isn't really relative to an SP. I don't necessarily forget appointments and such..I know they're coming. I just try to improvise.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always tested INTJ when in college and my early 20's, and back then related a lot to its profile.

By around age 26, after a few years of much introversion, contemplation, and soul-searching, I started believing myself to be an INFJ.

I still mostly test as INTJ, though, although some tests type me as INFJ. A few yrs ago when I was getting all out of sorts about cognitive functions and overanalyzing all of it, I would get INFP - on cog. function tests only (never dichotomy tests, though).

Last night I was with my INFJ friend and her INTJ boyfriend. I honestly felt like a hybrid between the two, and for a while kind of have. :)

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have Se. All this stuff about forgetting what I'm doing isn't really relative to an SP. I don't necessarily forget appointments and such.. I'm just trying to improvise.
Exactly. In fact improvisational skill is also impaired by executive dysfunction, perhaps one way in which it will actually be more of a pain to Ps than Js.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
another thing I've noticed about online tests is that they do a piss poor job of testing Se... which really doesn't translate well over the internet at all :dry:

I tend to test on the N side, though I know that I'm more comfortable with Se than Ne... and I know that I'm not the only one who does :)

KDude

I think Se is always easy to identify with...? Kind of confused on what you mean.

Like examples from that cognitive test, for example.. Seem fine to me.

"Enjoy the thrill of action and physical experience in the present moment."

" Spur action and pull off results simply by making your presence felt."

"Easily get in sync physically with people and things around you."

Kind of all the key ideas there (being in the moment, syncing, impact).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah... I'm talking about the usual stupid dichotomy tests, where you get the choice between sounding like a space cadet or a brainless idiot! :laugh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where do MBTI tests equate Sensing with idiocy? I saw BlackCat make this complaint as well, but it doesn't make sense. MBTI tests always ask whether you're fact-based or theoretical, concrete or abstract, big-picture or detail-oriented, whatever's involved in the N/S dichotomy. None of that denotes stupidity or intelligence.

I do agree that dichotomy-based tests are generally awful, though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think actually Se takes quite a bit of intelligence when it creates visual art, or excels at sports, or builds things, or sees things that others don't. Same with the painstaking detail and memory of Si.

I :heart: sensors.

Haters need to STFU.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who's hating? What the fuck? :huh:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
on the odd occassion I got INTJ and INFP, but overwhelmingly INTP. I also got INTP the first time, when I had no idea what the questions were aiming at.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
heheheh, it kinda is, yeah. :blush:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the fact that a lot of times it can be read that if you have academic interests you fall into the intuitive camp and if you don't you fall into the sensing camp... that's how it comes across to me anyways- I have a liberal arts education and enjoy reading up on stuff and tend to score N because of that sort of thing, even though I use more Se :)