• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This is not a Typology Forum

Why aren't there more typology related discussions on this forum?

• Too many circular discussions - been there, done that

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Because x, y, or z person is so set in their views there is no point

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I'm afraid I'll be criticized for contributing or asking a question

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • I'm really here for the intellectual stimulation, not Typology

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • This is a great little community - that's why I'm here

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Better no typology at all than folk typology!

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Jaguar

This. I'm sure you could get people who've attended psychic readouts who said that they were astonished. Ultimately, you're the one finding meaning in the toolbox. You're the one using it as such. I could probably read Moby Dick and find some ethic or meaning to define myself by, and live myself just as happily. I bet you could too. You could probably find some utility in a rerun of The Simpsons as well. While you may not think so now, just you wait... just you wait til you see Mr.Burns and say "Wow, that's so me!" :D

I have to know what you are like 20 years from now. :D

G

Ginkgo

No. Please don't try to stir up trouble needlessly.

Judging by your type you cared enough. Though to be honest I find it quite funny - I take my hat off to you for that one. :laugh:

However, I don't get why you are so up in arms about your right to put a silly 4-letter word as your type, on a forum devoted to a topic you don't believe in to begin with. Way to fight oppression, man!

(hint - within a social group to which membership is compeltely voluntary and which deals with a very marginal interest unknwon to 99% of society, establishing rules to faciltiate the stated purpose of the group, is not an act of oppression. That goes for Jaguar too).

I'm not up in arms. If you can't see what's happening here then I'm afraid no amount of my consolation can help you. I never said anything about oppression. Just because I changed my type doesn't mean that I'm try to revolt against oppression. If a mink changes color, does that mean it's trying to be some radical revolutionary against nature?

But, if you would like to flip the stick, I don't get why you're so up in arms about categorizing people, or why you care about my 4 letter type. You did look there, after all. I am but a lowly plebeian, dust in the wind.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person.
Anais Nin

Who's writing your book?

It's not Nietzsche or Nin :newwink:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I'm not up in arms. If you can't see what's happening here then I'm afraid no amount of my consolation can help you. I never said anything about oppression. Just because I changed my type doesn't mean that I'm try to revolt against oppression. If a mink changes color, does that mean it's trying to be some radical revolutionary against nature?

But, if you would like to flip the stick, I don't get why you're so up in arms about categorizing people, or why you care about my 4 letter type. You did look there, after all. I am but a lowly plebeian, dust in the wind.

I don't care about your 4-letter type personally. It's just about a collective rule to facilitate better discussion and understanding. You are indeed only a grain of sand, but many grains of sand make a beach, etc.

But never mind. I still don't quite understand though why you would care about the rules of a forum devoted to an interest you reject, when 99.99999999% of webspace and media are devoted to other subjects.:newwink:

wolfy

awsm
You might not be up in arms but I am. I'm angry, mad, wild and mildly displeased. I think this should be a super serious typology forum. I yearn for the threads of old. T vs F, N vs S, Which type is best in bed, Which type is most likely to be dead by thirty, Which type is most likely to make a quick million, Which function, when developed will get me the women I desire so badly, How do I seduce this that and the other thing. How do I know she loves me, How do I know he loves me...

There will never be a consensus on anything, people will never agree, there are too many people with too many opinions. The best you can do is take what you need and discard the rest.

G

Ginkgo

I don't care about your 4-letter type personally. It's just about a collective rule to facilitate better discussion and understanding.

What I am seeing here is that you perceive yourself as a collective. You may want to have that checked. Once you stop doing that, we'll be on the same page. :hi:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But, if you would like to flip the stick, I don't get why you're so up in arms about categorizing people, or why you care about my 4 letter type.

One of the reasons it bothers me when longstanding members don't share their type is that it takes away from a typology forum's focus on typology. I don't think it is setting a good example for the rest of the members.

If you don't know your type, it's a different thing.

wolfy

awsm
What I am seeing here is that you perceive yourself as a collective. You may want to have that checked. Once you stop doing that, we'll be on the same page. :hi:

That would make us collectively on the same page as not being collective.

wolfy

awsm
Both are true, and both should be emphasized. One does not undo the other.

But what if, like too much caffeine is doing to me, one did undo the other, causing the very fabric of typology members psyches to unravel and causing a ripple effect through the entire universe?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
One of the reasons it bothers me when longstanding members don't share their type is that it takes away from a typology forum's focus on typology. I don't think it is setting a good example for the rest of the members.

If you don't know your type, it's a different thing.
I agree with this wholeheartedly, though it would seem quite a lot of the long-standing mods are type-less or type-confused, which is kinda funny.

To be honest, I don't get people who don't identify with a type yet yearn so eagerly to fit into one, well, I guess I get it, but I find it completely pathetic. :sad:

G

Ginkgo

But what if, like too much caffeine is doing to me, one did undo the other, causing the very fabric of typology members psyches to unravel and causing a ripple effect through the entire universe?

Then we need to surgically remove your Ni, or maybe purge you with mystical magics until you are not longer encumbered by your own will. You will be my mindless slave until I am shafted into the grave, at which point you will harvest my corpse and reanimate it.

Nevermind, I wouldn't be caught dead being a mindless zombie!

get it! get it!

:dont:

Jaguar

Sieg Heil.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, t'would make sense, I always got a major Fi vibe from you Jaguar.

meow!

:smooch:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The resounding lack of agreement about anything concerning typology sort of kills any chance of discussing it in reason.

Something like a psychological typology, any typology, requires some degree of common understanding and consensus, and that has essentially never existed on this forum.

I think I could sincerely say yes to all of the optons.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you happy now? I listed a type.

:hi: LOL. You've always seemed like a total INFP to me. It's those artistic little doodles and pictures you're aways making.

Last edited:
G

Ginkgo

Are you happy now? I listed a type.

OMG this is clearly an emotive response, and as such it can only be treated as Fi! See how he emphasizes his own activity, trying to find meaning and personal authenticity ? Obviously INFP.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
If we all agreed with each other's theories/ideas that would be an awfully BORING forum, doncha think?