User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why aren't there more typology related discussions on this forum?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too many circular discussions - been there, done that

27 45.00%
  • Because x, y, or z person is so set in their views there is no point

8 13.33%
  • I'm afraid I'll be criticized for contributing or asking a question

11 18.33%
  • I'm really here for the intellectual stimulation, not Typology

21 35.00%
  • This is a great little community - that's why I'm here

30 50.00%
  • Better no typology at all than folk typology!

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 789101119 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    This. I'm sure you could get people who've attended psychic readouts who said that they were astonished. Ultimately, you're the one finding meaning in the toolbox. You're the one using it as such. I could probably read Moby Dick and find some ethic or meaning to define myself by, and live myself just as happily. I bet you could too. You could probably find some utility in a rerun of The Simpsons as well. While you may not think so now, just you wait... just you wait til you see Mr.Burns and say "Wow, that's so me!"
    I have to know what you are like 20 years from now.
    A fool and his money are soon elected.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    No. Please don't try to stir up trouble needlessly.

Judging by your type you cared enough. Though to be honest I find it quite funny - I take my hat off to you for that one.

However, I don't get why you are so up in arms about your right to put a silly 4-letter word as your type, on a forum devoted to a topic you don't believe in to begin with. Way to fight oppression, man!

(hint - within a social group to which membership is compeltely voluntary and which deals with a very marginal interest unknwon to 99% of society, establishing rules to faciltiate the stated purpose of the group, is not an act of oppression. That goes for Jaguar too).
    I'm not up in arms. If you can't see what's happening here then I'm afraid no amount of my consolation can help you. I never said anything about oppression. Just because I changed my type doesn't mean that I'm try to revolt against oppression. If a mink changes color, does that mean it's trying to be some radical revolutionary against nature?

But, if you would like to flip the stick, I don't get why you're so up in arms about categorizing people, or why you care about my 4 letter type. You did look there, after all. I am but a lowly plebeian, dust in the wind.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person.
    Anais Nin

Who's writing your book?
    It's not Nietzsche or Nin

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I'm not up in arms. If you can't see what's happening here then I'm afraid no amount of my consolation can help you. I never said anything about oppression. Just because I changed my type doesn't mean that I'm try to revolt against oppression. If a mink changes color, does that mean it's trying to be some radical revolutionary against nature?

But, if you would like to flip the stick, I don't get why you're so up in arms about categorizing people, or why you care about my 4 letter type. You did look there, after all. I am but a lowly plebeian, dust in the wind.
    I don't care about your 4-letter type personally. It's just about a collective rule to facilitate better discussion and understanding. You are indeed only a grain of sand, but many grains of sand make a beach, etc.

But never mind. I still don't quite understand though why you would care about the rules of a forum devoted to an interest you reject, when 99.99999999% of webspace and media are devoted to other subjects.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

You might not be up in arms but I am. I'm angry, mad, wild and mildly displeased. I think this should be a super serious typology forum. I yearn for the threads of old. T vs F, N vs S, Which type is best in bed, Which type is most likely to be dead by thirty, Which type is most likely to make a quick million, Which function, when developed will get me the women I desire so badly, How do I seduce this that and the other thing. How do I know she loves me, How do I know he loves me...

There will never be a consensus on anything, people will never agree, there are too many people with too many opinions. The best you can do is take what you need and discard the rest.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I don't care about your 4-letter type personally. It's just about a collective rule to facilitate better discussion and understanding.
    What I am seeing here is that you perceive yourself as a collective. You may want to have that checked. Once you stop doing that, we'll be on the same page.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

But, if you would like to flip the stick, I don't get why you're so up in arms about categorizing people, or why you care about my 4 letter type.
    One of the reasons it bothers me when longstanding members don't share their type is that it takes away from a typology forum's focus on typology. I don't think it is setting a good example for the rest of the members.

If you don't know your type, it's a different thing.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

What I am seeing here is that you perceive yourself as a collective. You may want to have that checked. Once you stop doing that, we'll be on the same page.
    That would make us collectively on the same page as not being collective.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That would make us collectively on the same page as not being collective.
    Both are true, and both should be emphasized. One does not undo the other.

Both are true, and both should be emphasized. One does not undo the other.
    But what if, like too much caffeine is doing to me, one did undo the other, causing the very fabric of typology members psyches to unravel and causing a ripple effect through the entire universe?