User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why aren't there more typology related discussions on this forum?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too many circular discussions - been there, done that

27 45.00%
  • Because x, y, or z person is so set in their views there is no point

8 13.33%
  • I'm afraid I'll be criticized for contributing or asking a question

11 18.33%
  • I'm really here for the intellectual stimulation, not Typology

21 35.00%
  • This is a great little community - that's why I'm here

30 50.00%
  • Better no typology at all than folk typology!

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 5678917 Last

.. I think I discuss typology quite a bit. A lot of it might be in between the lines and all that (discussing some other subject, like entertainment or relationships), but it's there. It's everywhere, man.

I don't discuss MBTI in the wall-o-text fashion that some do, but that's because I'm "stupid"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

There's already so much material on typology here...you could just read about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I don't see the point in people putting something other than an MBTI type as their type. Don't shout at the world "I refuse to be categorized!" while being on a forum specifically for that purpose.
    Where could you have possibly gotten the idea that this forum was created to categorize people?
    Ivy has made many a post in the last year, or so, about why this forum was created. I assure you, it was not to categorize people.
    This forum is a place for discussions and the expression of viewpoints, as long as they are not used to intentionally harm or insult others.

People have every right to come here and discuss typology without being hounded, coerced, or bullied over what "type" they may, or may not, be.
    If you can't respect the rights of others in that regard, you better rethink your position.
    A fool and his money are soon elected.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Where could you have possibly gotten the idea that this forum was created to categorize people?
    Ivy has made many a post in the last year, or so, about why this forum was created. I assure you, it was not to categorize people.
    This forum is a place for discussions and the expression of viewpoints, as long as they are not used to intentionally harm or insult others.

People have every right to come here and discuss typology without being hounded, coerced, or bullied over what "type" they may, or may not, be.
    If you can't respect the rights of others in that regard, you better rethink your position.
    I don't think people should be hounded to "pick a type" or be told what type they ar by others unless they ask. I am competely against that. One thing is if you are unsure of your type. Obviously I respect that. X in place of a function should be an option. MILF or whatever in place of all your functions should not.

One thing is to be unsure of ones type, another is to reject the idea altogether that you could be a type, or to know ones type but refuse to say and instead put something silly in the Type-field.

Let's not confuse the two things.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    As a self-help tool, I think it's utterly useless. It doesn't tell you anything about how to improve your own strengths or weaknesses, because it doesn't clearly qualify your personality like O.C.E.A.N. does. And if it doesn't tell you about your own strengths or weaknesses, how can it tell others about how you should find a niche in life? It just gives you a list of functions, which don't dictate behavior, but rather dictate psychological 'preferences'. There's no way to effectively use this thing. People would be better off taking multiple intelligences tests, or attending self-help seminars if they don't already have a grasp of what they want in life.
    I actually don't agree - for one reason. Maybe it's an anomaly. Maybe it's a placebo. I've used it for years from a self development perspective and found it worthwhile. People are better off doing a lot of things but as one tool in a toolbox I think it can help.

"Know Thyself" - Inscription From The Oracle of Delphi

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    .. I think I discuss typology quite a bit. A lot of it might be in between the lines and all that (discussing some other subject, like entertainment or relationships), but it's there. It's everywhere, man.

I don't discuss MBTI in the wall-o-text fashion that some do, but that's because I'm "stupid"
    It might just be a sign of intelligence to be short and sweet. There's only so much time in life. Would it always be intelligent to allocate it for the purpose of text-walling? I don't think so. Pride yourself.

garbage

not addressed to anyone in particular, but if you're reading this and if the shoe fits, then make it addressed to you

1. there are things like the "mistyped members" thread and "what's my freakin' type" threads where you can bitch about (or uh discuss, i guess) people being mistyped, if you actually want to do something about that sort of thing, and
    2. oh my god so many little details just arent right and they piss me off they gotta be fixed they gotta be fixed

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I don't think people should be hounded to "pick a type" or be told what type they ar by others unless they ask. I am competely against that. One thing is if you are unsure of your type. Obviously I respect that. X in place of a function should be an option. MILF or whatever in place of all your functions should not.

One thing is to be unsure of ones type, another is to reject the idea altogether that you could be a type, or to know ones type but refuse to say and instead put something silly in the Type-field.

Let's not confuse the two things.
    An input validation routine should work nicely. Maybe fewer people would invent "cute" types of their only choices were the 16 and XXXX.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

ISFP is cute enough as it is.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    not addressed to anyone in particular, but if you're reading this and if the shoe fits, then make it addressed to you

1. there are things like the "mistyped members" thread and "what's my freakin' type" threads where you can bitch about (or uh discuss, i guess) people being mistyped, if you actually want to do something about that sort of thing, and
    2. oh my god so many little details just arent right and they piss me off they gotta be fixed they gotta be fixed
    lol, +1000. For a long time, I was obsessed w/ fitting to a T. I am 100% sure what my type is. I just don't like the negative connotations of my type being slapped on me.