User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why aren't there more typology related discussions on this forum?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too many circular discussions - been there, done that

27 45.00%
  • Because x, y, or z person is so set in their views there is no point

8 13.33%
  • I'm afraid I'll be criticized for contributing or asking a question

11 18.33%
  • I'm really here for the intellectual stimulation, not Typology

21 35.00%
  • This is a great little community - that's why I'm here

30 50.00%
  • Better no typology at all than folk typology!

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Reminds me of that painting:
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    But does it necessarily mean they do not have courage? This reminds me of the famous "mistaking kindness for weakness" saying. Although i have no problem with displaying my own type, people doing it to avoid confrontation and argument, or render it to open discussion, may not solely be deemed as cowardly.
    It's an interesting analogy. It seems to be more about fear than kindness though.

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I'd prefer that the forum be about harmless non-sense than dangerous non-sense such as folk typology. If the only kind of typological discussion that we could have is going to be about folk typology, we should appreciate that the forum is not about typology.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Highlander - thanks for the courage you have shown in posting your concerns. I have to agree with you. I was hoping for more meaningful discussion on the board itself than most of the topics posted.

I was tested professionally and am an accredited MBTI administrator but know that there are limitations in all of the tests. They help in understanding me and learning styles and aptitude of my own and students BUT they are not the all of us!

Serial self testers, particularly intelligent people, are likely to introduce prejudice into their own testing, either consciously or sub-consciously, based on the result they would like to see and the traits they expect should go with that type.

I have been fortunate to meet a couple of very interesting people here with whom I have been having interesting conversations with fresh perspectives. On the other hand, I am unlikely to stay long because I hear enough trivia in the classroom. I will probably drop by and check the threads from time to time - so in advance, thanks for having me.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's an interesting analogy. It seems to be more about fear than kindness though.

Oh well i would have placed reservedness instead of fear here, possibly even stoic in some sense.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Because people come here to hang out. This is actually a pretty neat social networking place...

I still think and talk about Typology, but I do other things too.
    This.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

I dont know why people have been changing their type, I considered deleting mine because people suggested repeatedly a while back that I wasnt "true to type" from the little I'd posted and just wanted them to stop that, or because my results varied depending on what typology I used, ie socionics or enneagram.

I think its a very good example of a typology forum, its just not obsessive and its pretty good if you're interesed not familiar with typology at all or with a particular typology system, such as MBTI.

I was thrown initially by the abscence of a test on site, and using another typology which suggested types and shadows, ie adventurous type/anti-social type, but I didnt feel like an outsider because my knowledge wasnt the same as members.
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    So do you a) not know what type your are or b) not want to be pigeon-holed?
    You already blew it with some of us with your reverse psychology attempt.
    Cowards?

Very immature tactic. You don't really deserve a serious answer after that stunt.
    A fool and his money are soon elected.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    Highlander - thanks for the courage you have shown in posting your concerns. I have to agree with you. I was hoping for more meaningful discussion on the board itself than most of the topics posted.

I was tested professionally and am an accredited MBTI administrator but know that there are limitations in all of the tests. They help in understanding me and learning styles and aptitude of my own and students BUT they are not the all of us!

Serial self testers, particularly intelligent people, are likely to introduce prejudice into their own testing, either consciously or sub-consciously, based on the result they would like to see and the traits they expect should go with that type.

I have been fortunate to meet a couple of very interesting people here with whom I have been having interesting conversations with fresh perspectives. On the other hand, I am unlikely to stay long because I hear enough trivia in the classroom. I will probably drop by and check the threads from time to time - so in advance, thanks for having me.
    What you've said about serial self testers makes perfect sense.

Do you have any ideas on types of threads or content that would be interesting?

I would like to see more discussion on practical application of the theory.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Because some people have entrenched views on topics and turn every discussion into a war of atrition which definitley leeches the joy out of it for other people :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You already blew it with some of us with your reverse psychology attempt.
    Cowards?

Very immature tactic. You don't really deserve a serious answer after that stunt.
    Ah balderdash. Maybe I have blown it but I'm just saying what I think.

Tri-type 639