User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why aren't there more typology related discussions on this forum?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too many circular discussions - been there, done that

27 45.00%
  • Because x, y, or z person is so set in their views there is no point

8 13.33%
  • I'm afraid I'll be criticized for contributing or asking a question

11 18.33%
  • I'm really here for the intellectual stimulation, not Typology

21 35.00%
  • This is a great little community - that's why I'm here

30 50.00%
  • Better no typology at all than folk typology!

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 122021222324 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

can you quit blaming the US for everything, or is it too painful to blame everyone else for buying what's being sold? the act is old, and you're going to claim that this is an ad hominem attack, but hearing the same damned blame game every time something is mentioned gets pretty lame after a while
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It's also old news. I remember that awkward moment when INFPs from Global Chatter were thanking me for confronting people (particularly BlueWing/Solitary Walker) about dissing INFPs all the time. How long ago was that now?

INFP is a bit of a slur here. It's maybe the most disliked type that isn't an SJ.
    This strikes me as incredibly STOOPID. INFPs are some of my favorite people.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    INFPs are some of my favorite people.
    That's because you are one. But that INTJ in the sig line won't cut it. Lol.
    A fool and his money are soon elected.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

So what is "BITE" supposed to mean anyway?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I find this fascinating. There are some that are so utterly confident in their ability to ascertain somebody's type based on their writing. I wonder how it is they are so confident and admit to being a bit curious as to what techniques they're using. There might be something we could learn from them or at least there could be a discussion on exactly what they are doing so we can critique the validity of it.
    I've thought the same things. I've been keeping up with the 'Mistyped Members' thread, and there's a tendency to just make broad declarations without backing them up or explaining them. Like "most of the INTPs here aren't really INTPs" and "a lot of ENPs here are really ESPs". It's all pretty meaningless without any explanation or discussion.

Is it really like that for you? That is, are people treating you differently because of what type you have down? Maybe you do a better job of noticing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    You don't have to take my word for it ... simply change your type to INFP and see what happens. See if you don't notice a shift in how your opinion is weighted in the whole equation.
    I admit I haven't noticed this much either. I've noticed some isolated discussions where this attitude showed itself, but until I recently heard INFPs saying so I wasn't aware it was a general theme. Same with negative attitudes toward other types. It's harder to see subtle bias if it's not directed against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Of course people will read into things because of your displayed type, that's only natural but by displaying your type you can help prove those assumptions right or wrong. The more varied the members of each type are the deeper and more nuanced our understanding of each type will be.
    If people can keep reasonably open minds, anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I've thought the same things. I've been keeping up with the 'Mistyped Members' thread, and there's a tendency to just make broad declarations without backing them up or explaining them. Like "most of the INTPs here aren't really INTPs" and "a lot of ENPs here are really ESPs". It's all pretty meaningless without any explanation or discussion.
    That's an interesting observation. So are there certain types that tend to make the broad declarations without backing them up? Is there a pattern?

Tri-type 639

So what is "BITE" supposed to mean anyway?
    You have to ask a Jaguar that question? Did WILD confuse you as well?
    A fool and his money are soon elected.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

That's an interesting observation. So are there certain types that tend to make the broad declarations without backing them up? Is there a pattern?
    Superiority complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I don't think so. The thread's become mostly banter lately anyway, without much typology discussion. Either way, I wish there was more actual talk about what makes someone think a certain poster is xxxx type.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You have to ask a Jaguar that question? Did WILD confuse you as well?
    I'm easily confused. Doing a little research, I've learned they:
    - are largely solitary, stalk-and ambush predators
    - are opportunistic in prey selection
    - are a keystone predator, playing an important role in stabilizing ecosystems and regulating the population of prey species
    - have an exceptionally powerful bite allowing them to piece the shells of armoured reptiles

So, do you identify with these attributes?

Tri-type 639