User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why aren't there more typology related discussions on this forum?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too many circular discussions - been there, done that

27 45.00%
  • Because x, y, or z person is so set in their views there is no point

8 13.33%
  • I'm afraid I'll be criticized for contributing or asking a question

11 18.33%
  • I'm really here for the intellectual stimulation, not Typology

21 35.00%
  • This is a great little community - that's why I'm here

30 50.00%
  • Better no typology at all than folk typology!

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 51314151617 Last

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This is really good.
    It is good isn't it. I think most of us who have types in the smaller percentage of the pop would wish this.

I use this in my classroom with students across cultures, religions and age groups. They ask lots of questions and some actually learn to value the talents they have instead of wishing they were more like someone else.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I am just wondering if everyone at your work or school only ever discusses Work or school?
    I am just wondering if everyone at your work or school only ever discusses non-work related subjects. 'Work' and 'school' would propably lose their meaning. I agree with the op.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    1-because people except me to behave a certain way, Like I couldn't possibly be informed about certain topics, or that I ought to be hugging everything that moves and have empathy for everyone at all times.
    Why would you care about what people expect from you?
    You don't dare to behave differently from their expectations, and you don't even realize it.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I voted that I am here for other reasons than typology... If it was only about typology, I wouldn't have sticked around. It gives an interesting frame for the discussions, so it is better than just some general forum.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    It is good isn't it. I think most of us who have types in the smaller percentage of the pop would wish this.

I use this in my classroom with students across cultures, religions and age groups. They ask lots of questions and some actually learn to value the talents they have instead of wishing they were more like someone else.
    Why that almost sounds like self development

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Wait, this is a typology forum?

I do post much less topics about typology. In fact, I can't remember when I made my last topic. I feel content with the knowledge of typology I have gathered and should probably just move on and leave this forum. Apart from responding to other peoples topics, I have not much to the pool of threads myself.

But I got stuck here do to the forum having nice members to kill time with.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    What I am seeing here is that you perceive yourself as a collective. You may want to have that checked. Once you stop doing that, we'll be on the same page.
    1.) The fact that you voluntarily choose to be part of a collective online communtiy in order to articulate these thoughts rather than sitting at home thinking them to yourself, is in itself a refutation of your ultra-individualist philosophy.

In a deeper sense,the clothes you are wearing were collectiely made, so was the food you eat, so was the technology you are using right now, so were all the theories you espouse. You are the result of social processes, as well as having an individual consciousness.

There are over 6 billion people in the world. The ones most obsessed with how "unique" and "impossible to categorize" they are, are often the least interesting, and certainly not "unique".

You really should get your anti-collectivist philosophy "seen to".

2.) A more simple point, but related to the last: nobody forces you to be part of an online community devoted to MBTI - a very marginal interest in society - so why are you so adamant that such a forum should not introduce rules relating to its fundamental purpose? (it's not as if MBTI type is irrelevant to a typology forum).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Why that almost sounds like self development
    Ssshhhhh! Don't tell them that!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I agree with this wholeheartedly, though it would seem quite a lot of the long-standing mods are type-less or type-confused, which is kinda funny.

To be honest, I don't get people who don't identify with a type yet yearn so eagerly to fit into one, well, I guess I get it, but I find it completely pathetic. :sad:
    See, and while I think it's great that some people really DO identify 100% with a particular type, I think they are more in the minority anyway. I will once again turn on my pre-recorded message that I've written many times (lol), but I view the 16 types as 16 'trends' or general ways of being/approaches to life. They are categories/TYPES, after all. To think everyone on this planet is going to relate 100% to one and only one seems a bit presumptuous; what about those who are somewhat between one or two? Those who aren't as extreme in one of their preferences as another person of the same type is? It seems perfectly reasonable to me that someone will identify with bits and pieces of several - hence, their ambiguity with their own type and perhaps as a result their extension of their ambiguity to the usefulness of the system in its entirety.

This isn't to say that that person doesn't 'fit best' in one of the 16, because he/she probably does, but it's easy to get caught up in the detailed profile descriptions and other conflicting info on the net, and lose touch of the larger 'concept', if you will, of what the type embodies.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Wait, this is a typology forum?

I feel content with the knowledge of typology I have gathered and should probably just move on and leave this forum. Apart from responding to other peoples topics, I have not much to the pool of threads myself.
    Please no. It is clear to me you have gathered a lot of knowledge by your posts. We need the wise, and as well as the inquisitive. Responding to other people's topics is essential here. I would be missing another complex point of view, not previously thought of, were you to leave. I'm not sure how serious you were, but nonetheless, I find myself somewhat alarmed. You bring a lot to this table. That is not an opinion, merely a fact.
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I am just wondering if everyone at your work or school only ever discusses non-work related subjects. 'Work' and 'school' would propably lose their meaning. I agree with the op.

Why would you care about what people expect from you?
    You don't dare to behave differently from their expectations, and you don't even realize it.
    Why is it always the INTJs??

I am just saying everything to do with people expands beyond it's purpose eventually. Or it contracts to such a level that it becomes so specialized it's almost useless.

Guess what is more likely to happen to an online forum with a limited subject?

I don't care what people expect from me unless they matter.
    The thing is .. I don't come on here to be misinformed or judged by people who can't see beyond their own puny constructs. The people who matter to me know my type or don't care.
    What most people do when they are bothered by a pest is exterminate the pest , or remove what attracts the pest. I simply choose to be preventive rather than reactionary in this instance.