• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your favorite colors?

Ingrid in grids

Yellow. I can't really justify why I like it so much. It's been my favourite colour since I first learnt the colours.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm going to nitpick and be the asshole that points out that black isn't a color. :laugh: A black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them to the eyes. Black is not a color, it is the absence of color. :p

So with that in mind, I'm going to say pink. The majority of my wardrobe/room decoration/etc is a combination of black and pink. I tend to prefer mixing neutral shades with a single bright color, keeping things monochromatic. And I have a pink highlight in my hair.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Purple for gheys. Electric purple is my favorite shade.

My skin tone can't really pull off purple so I tend to stick to neutrals and earthy tones. After purple is definitely brown.

Nicodemus

I'm going to nitpick and be the asshole that points out that black isn't a color. :laugh: A black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them to the eyes. Black is not a color, it is the absence of color. :p

So with that in mind, I'm going to say pink. The majority of my wardrobe/room decoration/etc is a combination of black and pink. I tend to prefer mixing neutral shades with a single bright color, keeping things monochromatic. And I have a pink highlight in my hair.
"There are many color perceptions that by definition cannot be pure spectral colors due to desaturation or because they are purples (mixtures of red and violet light, from opposite ends of the spectrum). Some examples of necessarily non-spectral colors are the achromatic colors (black, gray and white) and colors such as pink, tan, and magenta."

It surely depends on the definition of color whether black is a color, Professor Panda.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
"There are many color perceptions that by definition cannot be pure spectral colors due to desaturation or because they are purples (mixtures of red and violet light, from opposite ends of the spectrum). Some examples of necessarily non-spectral colors are the achromatic colors (black, gray and white) and colors such as pink, tan, and magenta."

It surely depends on the definition of color whether black is a color, Professor Panda.

Pink still an extraspectral color. Your eye is just detecting 2 different wavelengths of light at the same time, instead of just 1 wavelength. Black doesn't involve your eye detecting any wavelengths of light, Dr. Nico. :)

I'm totally changing my user title to Professor Panda.

Nicodemus

Pink still an extraspectral color. Your eye is just detecting 2 different wavelengths of light at the same time, instead of just 1 wavelength. Black doesn't involve your eye detecting any wavelengths of light, Dr. Nico. :)
I am and was aware of that. Apparently it did not stop me from including black in the realm of colors.

I'm totally changing my user title to Professor Panda.
I am expecting the royalties.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Blue! Preferably light blue and/or blue-green.
Then scarlet.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cerulean, perhaps...
hermes blue

not tiffany blue. pshh.

i love this site http://www.colourlovers.com/
doghouse_color_wheel_altered.png

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I like several, but prefer green, blue (especially navy or azure) and white.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
LOL. Yeah I've seen that before. Its not just because I'm a girl - I've done some design work and 'blue', 'yellow', 'red' etc just doesn't cut it.

Actually you should check out this for an epic colour list. Some of the names are rather amusing. :D

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You forgot light blue, dark blue, light red, dark red, light green, dark green. etc. Like how Cayenne is such a dark red.... I just call it a dark red and how banana is such a light yellow... I just call it light yellow.

Other than that,
Dark Red (based on that color scheme cayenne)>Dark Green>Navy Blue.

But I sort of work with colors also... so the in-between colors... I tend to call such colors around teal like blue-green.....

Yea, I don't have hundreds of names for colors, but I can at least say that a color is blue-green :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Black. There is no deeper reason behind this. I like the way it looks, and I had a voracious appetite for black crayons as a child. It is the color I prefer to wear.

Next to that would be green, but like an earth tone. No bright greens.

If you call cyan blue and magenta purple, you're a fucking troglodyte.