User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default What type is the most independent and why?

I'm fiercely independent. It's taken me a lot of years to realize it and understand it. But, I was thinking about it, and I think that all 4 of my functions play a significant role in my independence.

I - because I'm naturally drawn to the inner world and don't always feel drawn to the outer world (people)

N - I think all N's have an independent streak and it's probably because we think differently than the masses (S's). We think abstractly and so, after a lot of "S" time, we want to revert back into our "N" worlds.

T - The only reason I think my T contributes to my desire for independence is because it is Ti (and not Te). I don't necessarily have a desire to organize people, I'd rather organize thoughts, ideas, concepts, and systems.

P - contributes to the desire for each day to be different and to not fall into a mundane, routine life. Desire for things to be new and exciting, keeps us looking for new things.

If you consider yourself a highly independent person, how do you think your functions contribute to your independence?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

INTP, followed by ISTP, ENTP and ESTP; although it really depends on how one defines independent. ExxPs are very individualistic, but generally quite sociable (especially ESxPs).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I value independence, by definition of working and being alone, so much that it physically hurts me and it makes me want to kill someone for it.

I am not comfortable with other's relying on me but I hate having to rely on others.

On independence:

1. Ti
    2. Fi
    3. Ni
    4. Si
    5. Ne
    6. Se
    7. Te
    8. Fe

Je(Fe and Te) hates "Lone time".

Ji(Ti and Fi) loves "lone time".

P(Ni, Si, Ne and Se) is almost neutral but Pe(Ne and Se) is a minus on "lone time".

In reality, it's very relative to the person. (his beliefs, experiences etc.)

S is not being with the "masses"... haha.. It's simply preferring to experience the sensory world (and as far as i'm concerned, there are not other optional worlds at the moment). And senses are used in reference to people and without reference to them. I might like looking at the waves crashing for an hour by myself. That's not dependency. That's just existing with things as they are.

I'd still agree that an INTP is potentionally more independent though. If you consider the ability to get lost in ideas/concepts/etc to be independent. I've noticed that some of you can walk 10 blocks thinking about something, and not realize what's around you (or something along those lines). That's definitely more indepedent, in some sense. But I would think all introverts, especially the percievers, are the same as you when it comes to people.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

No fucking way Si is so high up.

Ti
    Ni
    Fi
    Ne
    Se
    Te
    Si
    Fe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

^
    Introversion/Extroversion determines the affinity for "independence". Pi requires introversion and at the same time dislikes external outputs. What's about it that dislikes independence?

It's from introverted functions to judgment functions then to perceiving functions.

Independence(+):

Ti
    Fi
    Ni
    Si

Independence(-):

Ne
    Se
    Te
    Fe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I have a hard time seeing extroverts as independent because they seem so reliant on people to feed them energy.

I'm going to say IPs, especially INxPs. I think the Ji functions have the most autonomous vibe to them. iNtuition can make you seem detached from the external. Probably Ti is a bit more independent than Fi, because Feeling tends to deal more in the realms of people.

So something like: INTP > ISTP = INFP > ISFP
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

^Agreed

Now I wonder what comes after ISFP. ENTP? Do they sit in the middle?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

1. INTP
    2. INTJ
    3. Everyone else

This isn't so much an IxxP thing, it's an INTependence thing.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I'm fiercely independent. It's taken me a lot of years to realize it and understand it. But, I was thinking about it, and I think that all 4 of my functions play a significant role in my independence.

I - because I'm naturally drawn to the inner world and don't always feel drawn to the outer world (people)

N - I think all N's have an independent streak and it's probably because we think differently than the masses (S's). We think abstractly and so, after a lot of "S" time, we want to revert back into our "N" worlds.

T - The only reason I think my T contributes to my desire for independence is because it is Ti (and not Te). I don't necessarily have a desire to organize people, I'd rather organize thoughts, ideas, concepts, and systems.

P - contributes to the desire for each day to be different and to not fall into a mundane, routine life. Desire for things to be new and exciting, keeps us looking for new things.

If you consider yourself a highly independent person, how do you think your functions contribute to your independence?
    For me, you have described it in one hit!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown