First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    it's just stimulation. "N's" have S functions and "S's" have N functions. It doesn't mean that N's are truly "OMG! PSYCHIC!!", it means they like thinking about a certain type of information. (I know an ISTP with a really good Ni(predicting) function. What I have not met is a dumb N.)
    Never implied dumb, just that I have met Ns that suck at using their own intuition. A particular friend almost always gets things wrong and puts herself through a lot of torment because of it. In addition I've heard her saying she was going to marry each and every one of her 30 or so boyfriends. These people are few and far between, but they do exist.

"Hunches" are not an "N" thing. Ne or Ni is is more elaborate than that as it DOES have information and that information is not just from thin air.

Everyone has hunches. Usually, they're just logical fallacies.
    I made a point to say Ss have their own type of intuition, not necessarily in the Jungian sense.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    it's just stimulation. "N's" have S functions and "S's" have N functions. It doesn't mean that N's are truly "OMG! PSYCHIC!!", it means they like thinking about a certain type of information. (I know an ISTP with a really good Ni(predicting) function. What I have not met is a dumb N.) Though preference does create certain advantages and disadvantages.

"Hunches" are not an "N" thing. Ne or Ni is is more elaborate than that as it DOES have information and not just from thin air.

Everyone has hunches. Usually, they're just logical fallacies.
    Yeah I know it is not that simple especially when you just look at one dimension like introversion. People have all these facets that are dynamic and it is better to look at the whole system in this aspect. In typology these cognitive functions work in concert with each other so you probably wouldn't get a accurate view of a type just by focusing on one function.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    Yeah I know it is not that simple especially when you just look at one dimension like introversion. People have all these facets that are dynamic and it is better to look at the whole system in this aspect. In typology these cognitive functions work in concert with each other so you probably wouldn't get a accurate view of a type just by focusing on one function.
    Yes! That's exactly my point. It's all about the combination, not just the one function. That would make someone 2-dimensional, anyways.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I made a point to say Ss have their own type of intuition, not necessarily in the Jungian sense.
    I think an Se user would have good instincts in the present situation, isn't this a type of intuition?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I think an Se user would have good instincts in the present situation
    That instinct(innate behavioral pattern) IS Se.

isn't this a type of intuition?
    In english yeah but not in Jungian. Jungian Intuition =/= English Intuition.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I think an Se user would have good instincts in the present situation, isn't this a type of intuition?
    Yeah, definitely. I would almost venture to say each function has their own appearance of intuition (Again.. not in the Jungian sense). Fe-users, for instance, always seem to know how to make someone comfortable and Te-users somehow always make things magically come together. Although there's no real point to talk about intuition outside of the Jungian sense on a typology forum other than when people confuse Jungian intuition as any and all forms of the real definition of intuition. So that's all I'll say about the matter so I don't keep throwing off the thread

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    My Si is somewhat weak and sputtering, but I do lean on it frequently. I generally use it in support to the other three functions, especially Te (searching for evidence) and Fi (pleasant memories -- frequently some random word or a sound will evoke a song I like, which I presume is Fi + Ne + Si at work).
    You should totally meet my XSTJ brother. He values family traditions but for the most part, he's pretty nonconformist and an independent thinker... you would be quite surprised.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I see you guys want all the nice parts of independence and not, say, the asexuality and the closed-mindedness.
    Now that made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Sure it is. S's are 75-80% of the population.:
    You raise the bar of independence to literal out of this world levels, to the point that you would call anyone who interacts on a sensory level the "masses".

They are not the "masses". The world that exists, that we all live in, the one I'm posting this message from, determines why they are that way: The entire universe as far we know it is sensory. It's not that they are masses - they just live in the real world. There's a lot of variation between them though that it'd be inaccurate to call them the masses.

I would grant that you would be more independent..like Dr. Manhattan or some shit..but you need to realize that you're so detached that even other independently minded people, like ISPs, can't even relate to that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Now that made me laugh.
    Lovely, it was an excellent post w/ an excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You raise the bar of independence to literal out of this world levels, to the point that you would call anyone who interacts on a sensory level the "masses".
    I think there are 60% Se/Si's (Aux/Dom)'s and 40% Ni/Ne (Aux/Dom)'s. The "masses" are therefore a mix of both.

They are not the "masses". The world that exists, that we all live in, the one I'm posting this message from, determines why they are that way: The entire universe as far we know it is sensory. It's not that they are masses - they just live in the real world. There's a lot of variation between them though that it'd be inaccurate to call them the masses.
    Ideas exist in this real world. Everyone *does* ideas and everyone *does* details.

I would grant that you would be more independent..like Dr. Manhattan or some shit..but you need to realize that you're so detached that even other independently minded people, like ISPs, can't even relate to that.
    I hate Dr. Manhattan.