User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

INTJs, with no close competitors.

Glycerine

From my experience, INTJs are the most introverted type (independent). INTPs seem pretty social.
    Last edited by Glycerine; 06-13-2010 at 02:08 PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    From my experience, INTJs are the most introverted type. INTPs seem pretty social.
    I feel underdeveloped....

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Extroverts might get CHARGED by interactions with other people, but that doesn't mean they NEED it.

Just like introverts might get DRAINED by interactions with other people, but that doesn't mean they are ANTISOCIAL.

Outside of MBTI, the most independent types are 7w8/8w7.

Neither really give a fuck what anybody else thinks.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Extroverts might get CHARGED by interactions with other people, but that doesn't mean they NEED it.
    Well, they kinda do need occasional social interaction (what with the whole "isolation is draining" thing and all), but extroverted loners and misanthropes do exist -- they're usually ENTP. Generally those people approach other people with the purpose of annoying them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I feel underdeveloped....
    Dang it. I knew I should have clarified. From my limited observations, INTPs seem much more likely to engage others in conversations than INTJs. INTJ conversations seem very short and to the point while INTP conversations seem very tangential and will go and go if you give them enough fodder. Of course, this is just from one ENFJ's perspective.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    2 questions:

1 How Fi is independent? Does'nt Fi implies to be dependent of what the Fi user values?

2 How would you define the word "independent"?

I'd say the most independent types are INTJ>ISTP>ESTP>INTP>ENTP>ENTJ>INFP>ISFP>ESFP>INFJ> ENFJ>ENFP>ISTJ>ESTJ>ESFJ>ISFJ more or less in that order.
    Isn't Ti dependent on what the Ti-dom accepts as logical? But it's the Ti-dom's own logic, right?

Fi values are based on internal feelings. So Fi is "dependent" on itself - which makes it independent.

I'm thinking independent to mean low reliance on & influence from people & the external realm in general. Someone who does many/most things alone & is happy/prefers to, turns inward for stimulation, not easily influenced by other people's views - but has created many of his own views separate from his environment, figures things out & accomplishes a lot without much or any help, and is his "own person" - meaning unique.

Someone who is extreme in this way is really NOT admirable or healthy, IMO. It can make someone needlessly rebellious, arrogant, and detached.
    Independence can be & often is overrated. I find it admirable when someone has the humility to ask for help from others.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i skipped over a lot of this thread... sowwy...

i feel like i'm a pretty independent person. i don't know if that is due to my personality type or other external values. but i don't feel as happy, as confident in who i am or what i am or anything i do, or as sane if i don't have my independence. i don't like being reliant on others, or others being reliant on me... i don't like constantly being bombarded by others... i like to be able to do what i feel like doing, when i feel like doing it. i like to sit at home in silence, with no one else around. i prefer my style to the style of the masses. and likewise for my values and morals. i view my life as a path in which only i am living out, and therefore feel as though i am a loner. i get along with others just fine, but i often prefer to not be in social situations, except on rare occasions. i like car rides, and plane rides and etc alone. so, i suppose depending on your definition of independent... ISFP's are right up there. another quality of ISFP's is the lack of desire to lead or be lead, which also leads us to be independent people. we aren't the hermits, but we are the lone travelers. or at least, i think we ISFP's as a group are. but, there could be another ISFP who disagree's here with me on that.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

|quote]Fi is dependent on values but that's kind of stretching the meaning of dependency in this context. I was under the impression that dependency here meant in reference to making decisions that are necessarily mindful of other people. Which would not be Fi. Fi is the most likely function to tell people to go fuck themselves, if necessary. Just to put it in lamen's terms at least (Fi is not always telling people that or anything ). It's introverted judging, and can thrive without reference to friends, social norms, what you or your mom think is right, or caring to even justify itself with a logical explanation either. That isn't to say I think it's the most independent, once you line all functions up... but you will find a streak of independence in every SFP or NFP.[/quote]

Yes I see. This is because I'm myself a big Fi user (that is correlated with my enneagram) and sometimes I hate it because I feel like I value something and so I need it, and I think that if did'nt feel anything, I would be free. Sounds dependant for me. At the same time that drive me to want things wich are different that the group values and I'm not ready to make any concessions. In that way, Fi sounds independant.

Isn't Ti dependent on what the Ti-dom accepts as logical? But it's the Ti-dom's own logic, right?
    Proof that I'am a Ti dom. I don't feel dependant of Ti at all, it's just the most natural way to act.

Fi values are based on internal feelings. So Fi is "dependent" on itself - which makes it independent.

I'm thinking independent to mean low reliance on & influence from people & the external realm in general. Someone who does many/most things alone & is happy/prefers to, turns inward for stimulation, not easily influenced by other people's views - but has created many of his own views separate from his environment, figures things out & accomplishes a lot without much or any help, and is his "own person" - meaning unique.
    Yes, I relate to this.

Someone who is extreme in this way is really NOT admirable or healthy, IMO. It can make someone needlessly rebellious, arrogant, and detached.
    Argh, I tend a little to be like that.

Independence can be & often is overrated. I find it admirable when someone has the humility to ask for help from others.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have a very hard time believing the argument that any F type would be "the most independent."