• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can anybody relate to this ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I know that this forum is probably N/Ni biased but none the less I want to compare some of my traits with other posters. I am doing this because I am trying to figure out why I don't get along with almost everybody in real life.
We can talk to each other but I seem to have a fairy different prespective from pretty much everybody. What in the end is a dealbraker quite often.

In other words I would like that other poters just answer a couple of questions honestly. If you are not sure you get the question just say so.

1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)

3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

4. You feel comfortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?

6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?

7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?

8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?

9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?

10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?

11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)

12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)

14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?

15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?

16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)

18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?

19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?

20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?

Ok this is enough for now.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I know that this forum is probably N/Ni biased but none the less I want to compare some of my traits with other posters. I am doing this because I am trying to figure out why I don't get along with almost everybody in real life.
We can talk to each other but I seem to have a fairy different prespective from pretty much everybody. What in the end is a dealbraker quite often.

In other words I would like that other poters just answer a couple of questions honestly. If you are not sure you get the question just say so.

I feel that aswell, the interesting thing is the longer Im alone the more I think/feel normal. But am then disappointed by real life events.

Can I just say that you might get different answers depending on the posters being extroverted or introverted. The situation for an ENTP compared to an INTP is quite different and they usually have very different ways of dealing with the world.

1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

Yes it falls me natural to feel that way. Life is more complex than just living in the moment for me.

2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong).

That can be different from the use of Ne and Ni or dominant Ni to auxiliary Ne users. Because I do see a lot of possibilities and I like to be in brainstorming or possibility mode, but I rarely am that quick to pass judgement on my first impressions. I do it rarely atleast.

3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

Yes that is my normal sleep cycle, I love sleep and I usually doze off a few times during the day but when I lie at night its like a ritual for my brain to use atleast an hour to contemplate my day or thoughts Ive had during the day.

I will finish the other questions when I have time

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
No, but I plan to live forever.

I still make plans in case I fail though.

2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)
yep, but convincing others of it is hard :(

Not anymore. I learned to clear my mind from Qigong we would do in karate class when I was a teen. Otherwise I would have trouble, yes.

4. You feel confortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?
Yes, no. I think the next 100 years are going to be more eventful than the past few billion, so thinking past e.g. the 'technological singularity' is moot imo.

5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?
Used to do it a lot, now I have a phone with GPS and google maps ;D

...so basically every time I walk more than 10 blocks I don't remember how I got there because I don't need to remember >.>

Not actively, but sometimes I think of a good punchline days later.

Unless you mean practical joke, in which case no not really; they're better in the spur of the moment.

7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?
Yes and no. I started watching for it and now I can sort of see the differences between people in this area. The trick is that people have certain pre-defined expected responses and they will try to put what you say into one of those boxes.

8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?
Sort of... actually, you have to plan to be spontaneous. If you want to suddenly decide to go for a 4-hour walk in the woods, you have to make sure you have time, you have to put on your shoes, dress appropriately for the weather etc.

I don't really believe in spontaneity.

9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?
Depends... games are always fun ;D or at least, it takes me a long time to get bored of them... and I am pretty good at convincing myself that what I'm doing is worthwhile (including meetings)

10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?
Absolutely not. I'll forget about it within 30 seconds, but it really bothers me when I can't match my socks.

11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)
Yes. Unless you mean 'there is no real world' in which case I'll disagree on faith.

12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?
Not really...it goes more like, ok, I have a goal, these are the vague prerequisites for the goal, these are the prerequisites for that etc. etc. and I get a vague framework in a tree shape in my mind, then I start working on one of the basic elements (if possible, the one which will unlock the greatest number of subsequent steps)

13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)
Oh, absolutely :) branching nodes in this 'prerequisite tree' might not go in a 'logical' direction...

14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?
Not annoyed...afraid yes.

15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?
No, if I want to live forever then I will probably need all of those things. So 'should' isn't really an issue... whether I can do it, and do it well, is the question.

16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)
I usually try to think of all the possible contexts and either give an answer for every one I can think of, or better yet give an ambiguous answer which could go either way :)

17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)
14, 14. I worked through it pretty fast.

Then again I have short ones every once in a while.

No...well... not like, manipulate them into it, but in conversation yes.

19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?
No. I have a problem verbalizing my thoughts because as soon as I start to put it into words, the thread begins to unravel...so by the time I'm finished a paragraph, I don't even remember what I was thinking anymore.

20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?
Relax - I relax too much, they think :rolleyes:
Simple - I definitely overcomplicate things sometimes.
Fun - Sometimes I'm able to be 'fun' in the sense of getting drunk and being a loser, enough that it gets them off my case.
Be less mean/direct - very occasionally. I'm pretty good at tact when I remember to employ it. :p

sculpting

Not as an individual. However I do appreciate the beauty of the continuum.

Sort of-I'd say I can do five or maybe ten-but they tend to converge and loop back on each other, then diverge. They kinda flow. More often when presented with a plan or a problem-I "feel" the problem in a tactile way-sort of grope it. Then the BAD part pops out at me as being obvious. On these gut feelings I'd say 80% accuracy.

No. My children suck my life away. But I keep thinking while I am sleeping.

4. You feel confortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

That's just hysterical. :cheese: but quite endearing. "Dont worry sweetie, in a few billion years the question of their being scary monsters in the closet going to eat you at bedtime wont be nearly so relevant." :cheese:

Oh, hell, I drive this way.

No.

EVERYDAY.

No. But I find I introduce random insanity into the plans of others. Death by questions.

Implementation doesnt matter at all. Nothing I do has to be useful. It just has to be interesting intellectually. If something very big, I need to have an emotional investment. I walk down a beach and pick up rocks to find shiny beauties underneath.

Totally.

Totally. Buy all black socks though, so then it doesnt matter.

So this is weird. Yeah, kinda. I identify the big goal. It becomes a fixed point. How do I get there? What other fixed points must be met to get there? How do I measure if I actually got there?

Then-How can I get there efficiently? How can I do so without hurting other people?

Then-I find the pain points and try and avoid them if possible. But the paths to do all of this are big leaps with real fuzzy stuff in the middle. I dont worry about the fuzzy stuff till I am right on top of having to have it complete.

No, I typically seek to define the problem explicitly. Otherwise it isnt really a problem, thus not worth time solving.

No I get annoyed people for the stupid crap they do in the present and then forgive then within a day.

I dont choose to live by social norms and blatantly disregard them, but do have very specific Fi things I seek.

Noooo..I actually develop my own context so rapidly that I answer the question before the person has asked it.

Them: "Hey do you know..."
Me: "Its in the fridge on the second shelf.."
Them: "How did you know..."
Me: "I dunno, wanna go to lunch?"

Or I may walk up to someone, see the look on their face, and just blurt out a one word answer to the question they havent asked yet.

After being in the same company for six years, I understand the starting conditions so well, that I feel psychic some days, and the Ne context formation is quite accurate.

I think you need an attention span for this. "Hmm, we are all hollow entities with no purpose and will just die and become useless dust with all of our contributions lost to the wind...that sucks...I wonder if cannas can grow in the front flower bed or if there isnt enough water...I like cannas, red ones, cause they are like big birds...I wonder if there are peppermint colored cannas...maybe I could breed them...how do you breed a canna...would you breed a white canna to a red canna to get pepperment..hmm I wonder if miRNAs could influence color in cannas..."

Noooooooooo! But I do endlessly study people, map their interactions, and then observe the results of the situations they put themselves in. They I predict what they will do next or use the understanding/predictions to nuetralize any harm they may direct at me. Typically this is as simple as changing my mindset about the incoming information-thus they cannot hurt me. But I would not test another person as that could be very hurtful to them. Especially if it is in the context of a relationship as you are setting them up to fail.

I dont understand this one. EDIT: Perhaps because I say/type exactly what I am thinking at any given moment. I quite literally "think aloud".

I dont know what others think of me.

woolgatherer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Not really, at least not for me personally, besides just trying not to destroy the planet...

I never encounter this situation, but that sounds pretty fast.

Yes this is a problem sometimes.

Nope

If I'm walking with someone else this happens all the time. If I'm alone in a new place I probably need to make an effort to pay attention.

Nope

I wouldn't phrase it that way, but yeah I do think superficial social interaction is easier for most people other than me.

Not at all, that sounds very J.

I can't think of how this applies to my life, so it's probably not a big issue. I think concern with usefulness is a T thing.

I would probably feel self-conscious myself, but this might be normal behaviour for some NTs.

I don't think that way...

I definitely don't analyse my problem solving methods this much.

Haha, possibly

I don't strive for the first two and don't bother to do what society might expect of me... but relationships are important to me.

Yeah, I've been having trouble with some of these questions because of that.

I'm not sure

No

I'm not sure

Nope, but I'm no INTJ.

I think you're probably pretty typical for your type, which is a pretty rare one from what I've read. So it makes sense that you feel different from most people, but there are people who see things the way you do.

Last edited:

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9

I think I shouldn't worry about it, but I still do.

Of course, you base your forecasts/decisions on your knowledge and experiences. What is weird about that?

I'm pretty much an insomniac and this really happens to me on regular basis.

There's a typo in the word comfortable. No I don't do that. I try to avoid making insights in such a deep future, because even if I know the algorithm, i don't have a calculator to see how things will be after such a big period of time. Okay I'm talking very abstractly now, but i hope you get it.

Never, I'm actually good at orienteering and I don't remember myself ever gotten lost.

No, jokes come out randomly and naturally for me.

I don't really get what you meant. It's hard for me to figure out how people actually feel about other people or me, but I'm good at noticing patterns of behavior and communication models they are using to get what they want. Let's say for example You're being nice to me because you need smth. I would notice that by your behavior, but I would never be able to tell how do you actually feel about me as a person.

No. I think being spontaneous for me is being able to fit unexpected opportunities in my schedule at the last minute.

No, it's actually the opposite. My general knowledge is based on many random pieces of information. I get bored with repetitive and well known stuff or stuff that I don't have any clue or interest about.

No.

I've thought of that before when I was a kid, actually. Well, yes you can't be fully sure that the external world isn't just an illusion anyways.

No, I start from the current position and see where it goes. It must be a J thing you're talking about.

I just see where the problem takes me and choose the best solution, because after seeing a problem my mind quickly constructs many possible solutions and I just sort them out.

No, I avoid judging people without unreliable basis on it.

I've thought of that too. Well, in my opinion it's just your half choice+half chance. If you decide avoiding the norms and that makes your inner world more harmonic, you must be aware that the external world will suffer, because of the society pressure. All you have to do is make a decision which one of those worlds in the particular case is more important to you and be aware of the consequences the decision brings.

I don't understand what do you mean.

I am having them periodically. Since I can remember myself.

I like to experiment with people's emotions to a some extent, but I do it very carefully.

No, I'm actually good at explaining myself.

Yes, people tell me that quite often.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
lol, interesting to see where the differences are ;D

It would help a bit if people actually posted their suspected type >.>

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I guess this depends on whether you believe in afterlife or not. I do, and I plan to grow and mature as a soul.

I've never had to deal with that many 'unlikely' scenarios. Not sure if I really understood the question. :huh:

It happens, but not to the extent of 'often'. I usually manage to fall asleep after three or four hours, though.

4. You feel comfortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?
I'm comfortable with the concept, but I don't think about everyday.

Sometimes. But usually it's in a familiar place. I don't go wandering around a strange place without keeping a look-out for possible danger.

Nope. Never. I only tell jokes when it's totally spontaneous.

7 Do you often have a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?
Actually I kind of know how they do it :tongue:

8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberately making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?
No. The only time I can be spontaneous is when I feel really safe and happy.

9. You fairly quickly become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?
I become bored with things that are simply not interesting. Usefulness doesn't come into the equation.

Yes. But if it's something more obvious than socks, then I might start to get a bit self-conscious.

Yes. I've always entertained a thought that everyone sees colors differently :D And there's no way to either prove or disprove it.

However at one point you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

I have no problem with that description. However, I think it's not as straightforward as that. I make leaps and try to attack everything from different angles to see if it yields any results. It's like walking around a curious object and poking it with a stick.

Yes.

If I see a pattern and their behavior is predictable, then I guess yes.

15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influential hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?
I used to, before I realized that these 'norms' answer basic human instincts and there is no easy way to escape them.

16 You can't answer any question without knowing the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)
Yes, I love context.

17 If you ever had a serious existential crisis at what age did it start and end ? (if it ended)
Probably in my late teens. It hasn't totally ended yet, but I've learned to live with the fact that something simply isn't 'relevant'.

No. I think about their comfort first and I try to leave them out of uneasy situations.

Not really. Whenever I think about things I tend to narrate the thought in my head using metaphors anyway. So when the time comes that I have to explain it to someone else, I just use the phrases I used to describe the thought in the first place.

I'm never mean to people. I do sometimes get stressed out, though.

P

Phantonym

Yes. The children are our future and stuff like that. :laugh: I've never really gotten the mentality that "I don't care what happens after I die, I won't be here so people might as well drop dead too".

Maybe not 5-10 seconds, it might take a bit longer, depending on the issues at hand, but yes, relevant things pop out fast.

Not really. I started dealing with that in my teens, trying to think "happy thoughts" :)laugh:) that are bound to put me to sleep and not dwell on anything that important. I know that if I start doing that (sometimes it just happens), I would never get sleep. There would have to be other things that coincide and get me to the mindset when I can't stop my brain.

I don't feel uncomfortable about it but no, I don't bother using it daily to put things in perspective.

It's not that I don't remember, it's more like watching a slow motion movie, when I try to remember afterwards how I got there. It's like I'm not present when I walk because I'm so deep in my thought.

:laugh: No.

Yes. I've had that feeling for as long as I remember.

I plan my spontaneity. :dry:

Yes. Exactly.

No. :rofl1: I pay attention to what I wear, in order to avoid being embarrassed in public. Often compulsively. But I only wear stuff I feel comfortable in, not to impress anybody. Everything has to fit my own standards.

Ha. I haven't even thought about this.

Hm. Yes, but I do those things all at the same time. I have no problem switching from one to another and concentrate on different approaches, with other possibilities brewing at the back of my mind. I'm not even aware of it mostly, it's like bam, the big picture appears. In the end it's like a perfect piece of finished jigsaw puzzle where every bit fits.

Yup, multiple ways.

Definitely. Why can't they SEE?!?!?!? :doh:

Hahaha. Who told you? :thelook: Well, I wouldn't mind being rich and having a loving family, but the hierarchy part is spot on. I've sort of defied the "norms" from an early age, some things people seem to want seem so pointless.

Hm. Maybe I got the question wrong...

YES!

14. Hasn't ended yet. Don't expect it to end like, ever.

No, not in reality. I might think about it, though. Psychological experiments, ftw. But I would like to put myself in all kinds of situations most of all, just to see what I would be like.

Possibly.

No. I don't know what others think. Most of the time I don't ask and they don't tell.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what is this "planning" you speak of? :thelook:

Jaguar

I don't have the patience to answer all that detailed stuff. :D

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

yes

not really, more like 5

yes, or writing

hate the concept of universal time, same goes for death and annihilation of any kind

sometimes. I look down and follow my path. If my path deviates, I deviate. It can be scary.

?

yeah, like there is this secret club eveyone's privy to but me

I've gotten pretty spontaneous, but no one is beating my door down to make plans either.

i just get bored when there is nothing to do, or nothing exciting to do, or nothing new to do

absolutely. I mismatch all the time and don't care. :)

no

maybe. not sure. problem solving is usually easy for me.

yes, but I like to find the *best* way

I can get worked up that way, yes

I pretty much exist outside most normal societal expectations

Not so much a problem for me because I'm am not T's slave usually. My mind is pretty free. But, yes, context is really everything.

I don't think so. Maybe recently. :thinking:

:smile: Sometimes I drop things during conversation to see what people do with them or, more revealingly, what they don't do with them :).

Never. If I babble long enough, I can usually figure it out.

Yes. I am probably too direct for sure. :(

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9

No. I won´t be there to see their outcome.

Yes.

I do.

No way.

Never.

Yes. For a friend of mine´s birhtday.

I am one of those people. But, I won´t tell you how I do it.

Spontaneous is the adjective for spontaneity. That´s the only thing I know about it.

Yes. All the time.

No. I chose my outfit carefully the night before.

No. Still, this is an interesting point of view.

12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ? However at one point you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

I always start form my current position.

No, I always have one way to solving problems.

No, Only by things they have already done. Or which they are doing at the moment.

No.

16 You can't answer any question without knowing the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

Most of them, I often ask for facts, or the motives of the person who asked it before answering.

I´ve never gone through that.

No. I mind only about real situations.

I don´t need perspective to say what I think. I can be blunt sometimes.

Yes to the four.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

- Not as of now. This would definatly change if I had kids though.

- Definatly.

-ALWAYS! It takes me at least 2-3 hours to get to sleep on average, EVEN when I've worked a lot and am very tired. Actually, especially if I worked alot. It's like I have the need to catch up on thinking.

-Ehh, unless there is reason to include evolution to put things in perspective. I rarely seem to have the need to look at it in terms of a few billion years. I have no problem with long term concepts that are appropiate to the situation at hand though, if that is what you mean.

-Never, I actually don't walk blocks, but when I do I walk through the forest (usually searching for deer antlers). And I have a keen sense of direction, never get lost. Admittedly, my father used to bring me deep into forests when I was young all the time. So that might be why.

-Many times. Mostly because it takes so long for the oppertunity for the joke to arise. I've thought up jokes that I had since forgotten and like months later the oppertunity for that joke arises, I suddenly remember and use it. It happens.

-No, I think people in general don't have a clue how to deal with each other, so they just do without putting much thought into it.

-I'm not really a plan guy. I can be spontanious in the spur of the moment, just not as long as I am busy analysing. So usually, it only happens in places I'm comfortable and don't feel the urge to look around analysing everything.

-Definatly. Functionality and usefulness is very important to me. I loose interest in everything that is a waste of time to me.

-I would be comfortable with it, however, we have a dresscode at work. (Or at least I have one for myself.). I am often with customers, so I find it important to look sharp. I'm always wearing black at work. But to give you an example of how comfortable I am with improper clothing. Last week I went to the supermarket in (training) shorts, t-shirt while wearing black socks and Van Bommel shoes on my feet.

( http://www.trendshoes.nl/img/eb2ce169497f/400/400/van-bommel-14065-h-leest-1.jpg )

-A coplicated picture in several dimensions (memory banking, singular thoughts, thought trains, complex ideas, etc.). Like many ultra high definition capture still images. :D

-When solving a problem, the goal is obviously to solve a problem. I visualise what must be done to solve the problem and then proceed to execute it. The visualisation process usually only take mere moments.
With really tough problems, like really advanced math, or impossible problems, yet trying to find a possibility. So when I don't have the capacity to visualise what must be done. I just start somewhere random and go from there. Trial and error.

-Yes, and usually choose the most effective and least time consuming solution.

-No, I generally don't care what people are doing or going to do. If I am involved, but can't 'intervene', however, I will be annoyed..

-It's not really a doubt. I know I don't -have- to live by social standards. But it sure makes things a whole lot easier. The work/money part that is. I am not living by social norms in other regards and feel fine with that.

-When I am unsure of the context, I usually sample, ask rhetorical questions, find out more. I won't be able to reach any form of conclusion where I am content with unless I know, or think I know, the context.

-Yes, 17-21.

-Many times. I am very careful not to inflict harm indirectly however. But I love to sample reactions.

-Yes. When I have to verbalize my thoughts, which are intricate and complex in the sense that when I have a thought, my mind gathers everything else needed to fully understand that thought in my perspective. And when I have to explain myself to others I find myself trying to not just get the thought across, but a sample of my entire brain activity relating to that thought. And that is very hard to do with the limitations of speech.

-Nope. I'm quite passive, I don't have a much of drive to force myself onto others.

Ok this is enough for now.

-Yay.[/QUOTE]

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4

I feel overwhelmed and feel sad over the fact that I dont live longer yes.

Hmmmm, dont really know. Never given it too much contemplation.

I dont think I ever plan jokes.

Yes but then I take pride that I am who I am and that it really dont matter if I dont get how to.

Hmmm sort of but I usually dont have that many plans :D

Yes

Yes

Basically colours are just wavelengths so I can see that.

No I start with how I solve it best, where to start, then I try to figure out if that method of doing it is the best. If not I try to think of something new.

I always imagine many ways to start a project, then I go to the end and figure out if that is worthwhile.

No I let people be people and if they disappoint me then let them. But I have been pretty good at knowing if people a capable at the things they do or not. And know how to put people at good use.

Yes I dont care about being rich I just want to live the life I feel is best and money is not neccesarily a part of that.

Yes I cant answer you question if I dont understand what you exactly mean. Even if Im doing so now.

No dont think so.

Hahaha, Id like to yes.

Yes.

I think some would say that yes.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
See subsequent post. Lost text in this one during edit.

Last edited:

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ

Yes, other people will be alive at this point and they deserve to have access to the same resources and environment if not better. I believe in contribution and improvement.

I typically perform well under pressure, analyze options, and make decisions quickly when necessary.

Yes, this happens often.

I'm comfortable with any concept of time but do not use any concept of time on a daily basis... my perspective will change relative to the situation.

Never

No

No

No

Not typically... because I tend to let things run their complete course before I decide if they are useful or not - unless it is a repetitive action or event that I have previously made a decision on in the past.

sure they're just socks.

This question makes no sense to me.. not everything coming form your senses is in picture form...

Nope, the method I use to solve a problem is relative to the problem itself, the same methods are not always effective...

I always think of multiple ways to solve a problem and typically have a plan A-D once completed... I rarely wonder if there is a problem in the first place this is typically immediately obvious.

No I think it's ridiculous to have an emotion about something that hasn't happened yet and isn't guaranteed to happen.

I don't care either way... I am not static thus certain social norms are appealing to me while others are not. What I do and do not find appealing likely will not remain static either.

I won't answer a questing if I don't know the context, without the context I can't know what is being asked.

Never had one.

Nope

Nope

Nope...

Ok this is enough for now.[/QUOTE]

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
How weird. When I edited my post to fix your name, which I had mistakenly made into one word, half the post didn't get re-posted in the edit. Trying again:

Antisocial one,

Will you have time to read all the replies? It could add up to a lot of material. A synopsis of mine:

Yes, a lot of what you asked applies to me (and would apply to some others, although not to 'the [average] man on the street'). If you're asking these questions because you're puzzled about having intermittent or regular difficulty with social interactions, and see that you're quite 'different', have patience with yourself and your situation, if you can. You're intelligent and very interesting. I think you'll change as you age, and life may very well get easier.

You may have more of an interest in my answers toward the end of the list.

There's a point if it intrigues a person. I look at humanity's future with curiosity. I have not as yet planned the details of my funeral.

I'm a good evaluator, but not speedy.

I know someone exactly like this, and someone partially like this, that is, it doesn't last the entire night. I've stayed up all night working on a writing project when the creativity flowed.

Yes.

I've done it, walking in a natural setting (my usual), for 45 minutes straight, and for shorter periods. I'd rather not. It made me miss the beauty (or if you prefer, the pleasant sensory input)!

No.

I felt awkward as a teen. How do people know whether to open the gift right now, or later? What do you say in response to a compliment, or a criticism? Etc.

I was more of a planner when younger.

Depends on the subject, but yeah, that's typical. Sometimes theory is useful in relation to personal philosophy or awe, even if not implementable. Say, in how organisms migrate, interesting patterns of behavior or distributions of phenomena, basalt formations, etc.

A relative is like that. Doesn't bother me to go places with him. I wear at least semi-conventional stuff in order to be able to connect with people well or effectively.

I'm fully comfortable with not even knowing philosophically what goes on, with not being able to evaluate a system from within a system, which might be a philosophy in itself. :)

I've never analyzed my problem solving. I'm told I'm good, though.

I'm perfectly willing to regroup. Not necessarily so personally invested, therefore will see things others can't.

No. You're philosophical, able to see a bigger picture than many. Start thinking about whether or not you can even get annoyed with them about something they're doing in the present. Consider whether they have much (if any) "choice" (whatever that means) in the things they do.

Sure. Independent thinkers and doers, unite! I mean, disperse. People who consider the things you mentioned are fascinating people, well worth talking with or observing.

There's a level underneath the apparent level which makes things interesting. It's easy to state a cliche or blanket proscription/prescription or rule, but rules have exceptions. Anyway, why not clarify with context first?

Any levels-thinking being has probably had one or more.

No, never. I'm curious about human reactions and behaviors but I get info from books or Science Daily: News & Articles in Science, Health, Environment & Technology. I don't like to deliberately make others uncomfortable. But if you do this, the reality is that people vary genetically in their level of empathy. If you're comfortable with the state of your social life, then no need to change the manipulating of people/situations. If you'd like to make a change, the formula is simple (although the details might be difficult to implement at first): To have a friend, be a friend.

Try having a perspective that, practically speaking, all perspectives are equal, and a perspective that answers are ultimately unknowable, including the answer that answers are unknowable; further, try having difficulty defining language itself. ;)

When much younger I was sometimes told I made people feel like I was judging them (I was) or that I was stuck up (that was shyness). Later on, some people saw my directness as too-bluntness or as some kind of uncouthness, especially if they grew up with the norm of being reserved and indirect. Nowadays I'm told I'm "a people person" and "fun," etc.

Someday you may decide that a name other than Antisocial one fits you better. Do leave room for that possibility -- you can consider possibilities just fine. May I suggest you don't think that you're infallible when it comes to picking the likely outcome or scenario, ;) especially when it comes to human beings, even more especially when it comes to yourself. People outgrow tattoos and avatars, usernames and self images, moreso if they're already open to learning from life experiences, changing, re-evaluating.