• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can anybody relate to this ?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

Yes- mainly those that could affect family members or others I care about.

2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)

Not sure

3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

Yes

4. You feel comfortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

I think about it now and then but not on a daily basis. I usually don't project that far into the future. I'm more likely to project several years later in my lifetime.

5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?

Occassionally this has happened

6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?

Huh??? I guess that means no.
Do people plan jokes? Aren't jokes typically spontaneous?

7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?

Yes, moreso when I was younger. I'm starting to figure out some of the accepted social conventions. I'm sure there's more to discover.

8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?

That sounds exactly the opposite of spontaneous. If you were truly spontaneous, you wouldn't worry about choosing whether or not to plan things or to keep your plans. You'd just do what felt right in the moment.

9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?

I'm not a very practical person, so no. I amuse myself quite a great deal just by imagining things that aren't likely to happen or know that I'll be unlikeyl to implement.

10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?

I've done it before by mistake. I normally wouldn't do it on purpose because I don't like to draw much attention to myself but if the two diferent colored socks looked good together (like black and orange for Halloween) I'd consider it.

11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)

Yes and yes

12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

It depends on the problem but oftentimes, yes.

Other times I'm not so clear on the goal and let the goal be driven by the information I've taken in

13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)

Yes

14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?

I suppose so. If someone does something to annoy me today, I worry that they may repeat the behavior at a later time.

15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?

Yes

16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

YES!!!!!!

17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)

Yes. I'm currently having one. I think I've had this issue often on since college.

18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?

No.

19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?

Yes, but not for that reason. I'm more likely to agonize over verbalizing my thoughts because I know that someone could misinterpret what I say. So I want to express it just right to avoid misinterpretation.

20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?

No

Ok this is enough for now.

Yeah, you're getting rather long-winded. :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well, AO, i don't know if you're already into your next step, but here is some more data regardless :)

to me it sounds like you are rather Ni heavy, and that makes you often seem a "step away" from others, as if you're looking at everyone from a more universal, more timeless perspective. i can understand how that could lead to having a hard time feeling like you can get along with a lot of people, or them feeling that way about you... maybe something that could help would be trying to engage more Fi-Se around people? Se especially, or Ne, whichever you prefer. just being in the moment and having ridiculous spontaneous fun.

1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

yes... i didn't really use to think so, but then i joined an organization that's been around for about 150 years, and i began understanding the importance of tradition and connection. i am bad at predicting, so i wouldn't want to make any too-specific plans, but i think it's cool to make an effort to connect to those who will come after you.

2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)

hm, no, i'm not really at all like this. i have very little sense of probability. i get my Ni user friends to help me :)

i do get overall “atmospheric” feelings of what will be a good idea or not, and i can use a bit of Te-style reasoning to figure out what is most expedient.

3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.*

yeah. i usually fall asleep fairly quickly when i'm tired, but some nights i feel like i just can't shut off my brain! especially right before something big or stressful. when that happens i do mind-body exercises to help me shut down. more often i can't sleep because i feel like sleep is a boring concept and i would just prefer to stay up and do something interesting.

4. You feel comfortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

i don't really understand the concept, but i use the perspective occasionally when counseling others. how this big thing you're so concerned about isn't going to be that big deal in 20 years even, much less in the life of the planet.

5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?

sometimes i zone out when i'm driving, and i end up at the right place, but i have no memory of actually driving to get there – only of my thoughts while driving.

6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?*

if you count a prank, then a friend and i spent days plotting a brilliant one. it was awesome.

7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?

i get the feeling with big Fe-dominated groups sometimes. like there's some protocol that they know and i don't, and if only i did, i would be accepted.

8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?

haha, no. i'm spontaneous by nature. the only way i'm not is by deliberately making plans, and even then i tend to restructure my own plans.

-- Orobas: "I find I introduce random insanity into the plans of others." :laugh::yes:

9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?

i see pretty much everything as interesting/applicable, so usually no.

10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?

unless it was on purpose, it would drive me crazy! i'm pretty artsy / clothing-conscious. the way i dress is a reflection of how i feel.

11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)

yes.

12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?*
However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

it's similar. i guess i usually assess the current position, then asses the ending. then i work from one of those two directions, depending on which one looks like it has more information to go on. there are lots of random leaps and bounds, though... sometimes not really related to the problem, but they help me spark new ways of going at it. my problem-solving sounds like it's messy and complex, which it is, but it's also fast.

13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)

i don't really consider if it's not a problem until my preliminary ideas haven't worked out. i do tend to imagine lots and lots of different ways to solve it, but most of them are unacceptable because they are impractical or would bother other people too much.

14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?

no, unless they've given me definite reason to believe they'll do something i seriously dislike.

15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?

i think about why society is the way it is a lot. as for living by social norms, i have some doubts, but mostly i trust my feelings. i know when i'm doing something that resounds with me ethically and when i'm doing something that does not.

16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

no... i feel like usually the “essence” of the question is present regardless of context. but context can be helpful, of course.

17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)

i've been having thoughts that others would categorize as existential crisis material regularly since i was like 5. they're just part and parcel to my normal state of mind.

lol no! creepy Ni games :)

i find reactions somewhat interesting but i tend to be more much interested in people's thoughts/intentions/beliefs than in their behavior. i'm more guilty of convincing people to spill everything about themselves to me.

19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective?

not usually, no. sometimes it takes me a long time to talk through something, but the more i talk, the more clear my ideas become to me.

20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?

i don't think so... maybe be more simple, yes. i'm kind of complicated. lol. but i'm pretty spontaneous, positive/optimistic, and err to the side of being too nice/indirect. people's complaints about me would probably be that i should be more practical and attentive.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I don't even really plan for the next day, because I don't see the point most of the time...so no.

Depends on the scenario, and the factors involved...I guess I can be right, sometimes...If this is like simple stuff, like Çhecking out at the grocery store and putting scenarios together as to why this line has few people, is it because the cashier is slow, or because there just aren't that many people there, or this line is long, but it's not because the cashier is slow,' sort of thing...I guess.

3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

Depends on if there's a lot on my mind. I'll stay up doing that sometimes, but for the most part I stay up late because I like to play games and watch TV or talk to people etc.

Not every day. A few billion years is a longgg time...and in a few billion years the sun will probably expand and consume the earth and we'll be long gone...I guess I don't really understand this question...is it just like, talking about the future beyond your own lifetime? :huh: I usually don't talk about stuff like that.

More often then not. :blush:

No

Yeah.

I don't think so. For some things, you do have to plan, but they can still be spontaneous. You have to plan a spontaneous trip around the world to some extent, for example, by packing and ordering plane tickets.

Oh, most definitely...but it's more like the people involved with everything like that rather than everything.

I guess, I don't really care to organize my socks. No one sees them anyway.

I guess...I create pictures in my brain from what I sense, and can put things together. I'm a very picture-oriented person. :yes:

12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?

For the most part, yeah.

All the time.

You have NO idea!!! :doh: Usually I just say 'live and let live', and stick with it, but in my head, mostly with people pursuing relationships with bitches/douchebaggers, it's like, seriously, are you too dumb to realize that this, this, and this, is going to happen, and then I will just say to myself in my head, Í told you so'.

Way too much. I know I want to be rich, because things might get easier (if I don't things will be much much harder considering how much debt I've accumulated), but I don't know if I want love, or getting married, or a lot of things people would expect out of me, but I would tell them up front that I would never pursue such things.

Ya.

It happens every now and then, but fortunately I have the ability to shoot such things down to comfort myself. There was a time though where I really was in a crisis from October until May about three years ago.

If I had the ability to do such things, I would. I do it with family members a lot.

19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?

Sort of, I think I just have trouble verbalizing my thoughts because I killed that part of the brain with drugs already or it's just part of my Asperger's.

I'm the one telling others to relax! Most of the people who meet me think I'm one of the most chill people out there, and I can stay chill with just about anyone and anything...although there are some clear exceptions. For example, if you are my mother, I probably won't be able to relax when you bitch at me about how stressed you are and why I'm not stressed. :dry:

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
If you want answers from an Ni point of view:

Haven't given it any thought.

I can imagine I would.

Fortunately for the most I've gradually overcome things like that.

Yes.

Familiar, even for two blocks (but that was intentional).

I don't know if it was three hours, but I guess yeah.

Of course.

Yeah... 'planned spontanity' i once joked with myself.

Well, that must be a no.

I'm not.

Possibly, but mostly no.

Too late at night to think this over now.

The last thing: yeah.

I do.

Not exactly understanding what you mean. I'm not actually taking those as standards...

Sort of.

Don't remember exactly, and if it was one... It's in the background I guess.

Don't know. At least not actively.

I don't know if that's the reason.

Relax and simple: yes.

Why do I go at length to answer these questions?

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Nope, and I don’t.

I rarely work with that many, but I suppose I could.

Rarely, but I'll usually lie in bed for at least an hour before I drift off unless I'm exhausted.

It's always in the back of my mind and I'm certainly comfortable with it, but I don't consciously bring it up every day. It’s a given.

Maybe not that far, but I do this all the time with even short distances.

I tend to amass a bunch of them that will only work with the perfect prompt, so yes.

Yes, but I’m pretty good at faking it.

I don't think I'm capable of true spontaneity - I'm always working out plans and possible outcomes whether consciously or not, though I can actively suppress them.

Bored and irritated.

I wore orange Halloween socks three weeks ago. You usually can’t see my socks so I don’t really care.

Yes. I don't constantly think about it, but it is worth keeping in mind, especially in terms of objectivity and the reliability (or lack thereof) of our senses.

I prefer to think forward than back-think, but it can be useful.

Problems are relative, I guess.

Yes, because usually my prediction of what they do turns out to be correct.

Social norms are arbitrary and irrelevant to me if they’re not what I want out of life.

I can, but I have to be frustratingly vague.

Aside from inevitable changes of majors, no.

People are pretty good at doing this themselves. I just watch.

Not because of perspective, just because my head is a complicated place.

Yes.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
well, AO, i don't know if you're already into your next step, but here is some more data regardless :)

to me it sounds like you are rather Ni heavy, and that makes you often seem a "step away" from others, as if you're looking at everyone from a more universal, more timeless perspective. i can understand how that could lead to having a hard time feeling like you can get along with a lot of people, or them feeling that way about you... maybe something that could help would be trying to engage more Fi-Se around people? Se especially, or Ne, whichever you prefer. just being in the moment and having ridiculous spontaneous fun.

And here is the thing that made me think about writing these 20 questions. :yes:

LINK

(if someone wants to comment, comment in that thread)

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't really plan stuff, just a few mental sketches.

What ? : )) 5-10 seconds? 5 meaning 0.25 seconds for scenario? Who does that? I don't know what kind of scenarios you are referring to, but usually I take my time thinking about this.
20 scenarios => unlimited time.

So, you do that. Depends what you understand by thinking, because it may not be (classic) thinking at all. "analizing scenarios" and not sleeping might actually be being anxious and not sleeping.
Thinking takes many forms. And yes, I do that, and it's unhealthy.

Of course, you can just think of things at night...that's ok...I do that too lol..

Yes and no.
The calendar for example, i used to wonder what life would be if we did not measure time, living in a timeless world. At least the "new year change/resolution" crap would stop. It pisses me off that people get the illusion of a fresh start, just because a year has passed? Our lives are not compartmentalized, it's just one big life. When you change you have to take in consideration everything that you have behind you, not just 3 days that passed in a year, as if you lived only 3 days. Oh well...I don't even know if the calendar would fit in your " few billion years" concept.

Well I walk in a straight line, so not remembering how I got to the current location would be kind of ridiculous.

More than 3 hours, and I'm a P lol. I never said it though, my planned jokes really suck.

Yes, well....thay kind of do, there was a study showing that being social as opposed to being solitary has it's roots in the brain, they examined brains of social and less social people and they found differences. Of course, we don't know what it really means, but at least we know it's brain related. And of course that doesn't mean not changeable, or just of means of rationalization, I'm just saying the brain has it's share.
So it may come natural to some people because their brains permits it more...obviously, and less natural to others because it's just harder.

I improvise my way trough life. Spontaneous is all I am.

No. I test highest on perceiving so...you must test highest on judgement ?

Most of the time I don't have the patience to fit my socks, so I'm not only comfortable with it, I do it all the time. Who owns orange socks? :shock:

Yes 100%.

My problem solving is random.

I usually don't solve problems, and I'm not effective either.

Hahahaha... totally. I don't become friends with people because of something they might do in the future.

Social norms as in some other guy's rules...or the majority's rules. Of course I have doubts. Variety is required. If it does not exist it must be created.

Of course, the context changes the problem.

Age 17.5 -> 20

Well...they usually put themselves in all kinds of situations, I don't have to bother doing anything.

I have problems NOT verbalizing my thoughts.

I usually have fun, but don't really relax, and I'm direct but not mean to people, since my Fe is kind of high, I enjoy people talking and getting along, and I have a pretty big fixation on getting along. I will get very pissed if someone breaks that harmony.

So I'm kind of your theoretical opposite.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
1) I believe so: planning for the distant future is important, especially to out future generations. We don't want to screw up the planet for them...let alone the biosphere. [But one will always take evolution into account here, so what is meant by "screwing up" is dependent on species.]
2) I'm not good at making such scenarios up. When I do, however, I seem to be right about it.
3) Nope...well, not at the present. Brains are active during the night...but it's not the sort of active that keeps me awake.
4) Since I cared about astronomy and chemistry...a definite yes. But this ability to 'see' the world this way comes at a cost: my views of reality can be quite dizzy and confusing, if it's not stopped with some slap to the current situation in space-time [ouch!].
5) I try to trace back, but I'm not bothered with how I got to the place. All that matters is that I got here.
6) I haven't planned such a joke for three hours, let alone three minutes. I'm not a joke-generating machine.
7) I don't feel that there's a hidden code to everyone's actions that I have to crack. Social conventions I can follow with ease and friendships aren't that mysterious. It just takes more time [and luck] for me to make friends.
8) I had the "no regrets" policy in my head since the end of 2007: I would make a choice, and then try to forget that I had the ability to change my mind. Problem: brains don't work like that!
9) When there's repetition of information that I have to swallow...I tend to forget that it even exists outside of my head. After all, it's already in my head, so why bother repeating it? So I guess I get bored easily.
10) I don't mind wearing such an oddity as wearing two different coloured socks.
11) I do get a strange feeling about this fact that I don't see reality "as it is"...but no one does anyway. That is what science is for, after all.
12) I try to stay on the target, but I often get sidetracked by other interesting topics and ideas. So I do end up at the goal, but via a convoluted route.
13) I attempt to see the problem in different ways, but it seems more often than not that one dominant strategy wins.
14) I'm not bothered with what people plan for the future, except with those in power, such as our leaders of Parliament.
15) I don't think much about this, since i'm already in the group of people who don't care much about societal norms: university students.
16) Context is indeed vital to answering questions. However, I do find that postmodernists take advantage of this and end up making stupid conclusions. So I try to explain to people that while context is important, it ain't the whole story.
17) During July 2008, I felt almost dead, due in great part by my distorted perception of the Higher School Certificate, which was of the attitude "me versus the rest of the state of New South Wales". I slowly recovered from that.
18) No: I'm far too kind to test people by shoving them into uncomfortable situations.
19) I usually don't find it hard to express my thoughts. In fact, I have too many...but only a few individuals will know that. Most of the people I meet...I hardly talk, since their interests are often different to mine.
20) I haven't heard people say to relax to me recently, as far as I know.