User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I don't have the patience to answer all that detailed stuff.
    A fool and his money are soon elected.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    what is this "planning" you speak of?
    Creating a state, organization or ideolgy that will outlive you by far.
    (these would probably be the most obvious examples).

If you are refrering to question no. 1

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I was joking...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I know that this forum is probably N/Ni biased but none the less I want to compare some of my traits with other posters. I am doing this because I am trying to figure out why I don't get along with almost everybody in real life.
    We can talk to each other but I seem to have a fairy different prespective from pretty much everybody. What in the end is a dealbraker quite often.

In other words I would like that other poters just answer a couple of questions honestly. If you are not sure you get the question just say so.

1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

yes

2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)

not really, more like 5

3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

yes, or writing

4. You feel comfortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

hate the concept of universal time, same goes for death and annihilation of any kind

5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?

sometimes. I look down and follow my path. If my path deviates, I deviate. It can be scary.

6. Did you at one point in your life planned a joke for longer than 3 hours ?

?

7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?

yeah, like there is this secret club eveyone's privy to but me

8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?

I've gotten pretty spontaneous, but no one is beating my door down to make plans either.

9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?

i just get bored when there is nothing to do, or nothing exciting to do, or nothing new to do

10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?

absolutely. I mismatch all the time and don't care.

11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)

no

12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
    However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

maybe. not sure. problem solving is usually easy for me.

13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)

yes, but I like to find the *best* way

14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?

I can get worked up that way, yes

15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?

I pretty much exist outside most normal societal expectations

16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

Not so much a problem for me because I'm am not T's slave usually. My mind is pretty free. But, yes, context is really everything.

17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)

I don't think so. Maybe recently.

18 You put people in all kinds of situations just so see how they will react ?

Sometimes I drop things during conversation to see what people do with them or, more revealingly, what they don't do with them .

19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?

Never. If I babble long enough, I can usually figure it out.

20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?

Yes. I am probably too direct for sure.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

1. Do you think that there is a point in planning events that are outside of your life span ?

No. I won´t be there to see their outcome.

2. When you have a 20 not overy complicated scenarios you need no more than 5-10 seconds to figure out a few of them that are most likely. (and you are rarely wrong)

Yes.

3. You often can't sleep because you can't turn off your brain? So sometimes you spend entire night thinking.

I do.

4. You feel comfortable with concepts of a "few billion years" and you use it every day when you are trying to put things in perspective?

No way.

5 How often do you walk longer than 10 blocks but you can't remember how you got to your current location?

Never.

Yes. For a friend of mine´s birhtday.

7 Do you often hava a feeling that people seem to have some universal ways of dealing with each other but you simply can't figure how they do that ?

I am one of those people. But, I won´t tell you how I do it.

8 The only way you can be spontaneous is by deliberalty making a choice not to plan and ignoring all the plans that come to as the time goes by ?

Spontaneous is the adjective for spontaneity. That´s the only thing I know about it.

9. You fairly quicky become bored while dealing with everything that you can't see as useful or something that you can implement somewhere ?

Yes. All the time.

10 Going to school or work with one black and orange sock on your feet is something you are comfortable with ?

No. I chose my outfit carefully the night before.

11 You think that everything you notice with your senses is just a picture created by your brain ? (and you are fullly comfortable with that)

No. Still, this is an interesting point of view.

12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ? However at one point you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

I always start form my current position.

13. If you do anything like in the question 12 do you usually imagine multiple way of solving the problem ? Or wonder if the is actually a problem in the first place ? (even if many people say it is)

No, I always have one way to solving problems.

14 You get annoyed with people because of something they might do in the future ?

No, Only by things they have already done. Or which they are doing at the moment.

15 Most of the time you have real doubts that you should live by social norms ? Like wanting to be rich, being high in some socially influental hierarchy or having a SO that loves you ...... etc ?

No.

16 You can't answer any question without knowing the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

Most of them, I often ask for facts, or the motives of the person who asked it before answering.

17 If you ever had a serious existental crisis at what age did is started and ended ? (if it ended)

I´ve never gone through that.

No. I mind only about real situations.

19 Do you have a probem verbalizing your thought because you have a problem defining perspective ?

I don´t need perspective to say what I think. I can be blunt sometimes.

20 Do others think you need to relax, simple, fun and be less mean/direct with people ?

Yes to the four.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

- Not as of now. This would definatly change if I had kids though.

- Definatly.

-ALWAYS! It takes me at least 2-3 hours to get to sleep on average, EVEN when I've worked a lot and am very tired. Actually, especially if I worked alot. It's like I have the need to catch up on thinking.

-Ehh, unless there is reason to include evolution to put things in perspective. I rarely seem to have the need to look at it in terms of a few billion years. I have no problem with long term concepts that are appropiate to the situation at hand though, if that is what you mean.

-Never, I actually don't walk blocks, but when I do I walk through the forest (usually searching for deer antlers). And I have a keen sense of direction, never get lost. Admittedly, my father used to bring me deep into forests when I was young all the time. So that might be why.

-Many times. Mostly because it takes so long for the oppertunity for the joke to arise. I've thought up jokes that I had since forgotten and like months later the oppertunity for that joke arises, I suddenly remember and use it. It happens.

-No, I think people in general don't have a clue how to deal with each other, so they just do without putting much thought into it.

-I'm not really a plan guy. I can be spontanious in the spur of the moment, just not as long as I am busy analysing. So usually, it only happens in places I'm comfortable and don't feel the urge to look around analysing everything.

-Definatly. Functionality and usefulness is very important to me. I loose interest in everything that is a waste of time to me.

-I would be comfortable with it, however, we have a dresscode at work. (Or at least I have one for myself.). I am often with customers, so I find it important to look sharp. I'm always wearing black at work. But to give you an example of how comfortable I am with improper clothing. Last week I went to the supermarket in (training) shorts, t-shirt while wearing black socks and Van Bommel shoes on my feet.

( http://www.trendshoes.nl/img/eb2ce16...-h-leest-1.jpg )

-A coplicated picture in several dimensions (memory banking, singular thoughts, thought trains, complex ideas, etc.). Like many ultra high definition capture still images.

12 When problem solving (some bigger problem) you almost always start thinking from perspective of your goal and work your way towards you "current position" ? But in one moment you start moving from you current position towards the goal as well ?
    However at one pint you start to build small pieces between those two "lines" that you are going towards each other ?

-When solving a problem, the goal is obviously to solve a problem. I visualise what must be done to solve the problem and then proceed to execute it. The visualisation process usually only take mere moments.
    With really tough problems, like really advanced math, or impossible problems, yet trying to find a possibility. So when I don't have the capacity to visualise what must be done. I just start somewhere random and go from there. Trial and error.

-Yes, and usually choose the most effective and least time consuming solution.

-No, I generally don't care what people are doing or going to do. If I am involved, but can't 'intervene', however, I will be annoyed..

-It's not really a doubt. I know I don't -have- to live by social standards. But it sure makes things a whole lot easier. The work/money part that is. I am not living by social norms in other regards and feel fine with that.

16 You can't answer any question without knowinng the context ? (actually you can but you don't like to do that since context is EVERYTHING)

-When I am unsure of the context, I usually sample, ask rhetorical questions, find out more. I won't be able to reach any form of conclusion where I am content with unless I know, or think I know, the context.

-Yes, 17-21.

-Many times. I am very careful not to inflict harm indirectly however. But I love to sample reactions.

-Yes. When I have to verbalize my thoughts, which are intricate and complex in the sense that when I have a thought, my mind gathers everything else needed to fully understand that thought in my perspective. And when I have to explain myself to others I find myself trying to not just get the thought across, but a sample of my entire brain activity relating to that thought. And that is very hard to do with the limitations of speech.

-Nope. I'm quite passive, I don't have a much of drive to force myself onto others.

Ok this is enough for now.

-Yay.[/QUOTE]
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I feel overwhelmed and feel sad over the fact that I dont live longer yes.

Hmmmm, dont really know. Never given it too much contemplation.

I dont think I ever plan jokes.

Yes but then I take pride that I am who I am and that it really dont matter if I dont get how to.

Hmmm sort of but I usually dont have that many plans

Yes

Yes

Basically colours are just wavelengths so I can see that.

No I start with how I solve it best, where to start, then I try to figure out if that method of doing it is the best. If not I try to think of something new.

I always imagine many ways to start a project, then I go to the end and figure out if that is worthwhile.

No I let people be people and if they disappoint me then let them. But I have been pretty good at knowing if people a capable at the things they do or not. And know how to put people at good use.

Yes I dont care about being rich I just want to live the life I feel is best and money is not neccesarily a part of that.

Yes I cant answer you question if I dont understand what you exactly mean. Even if Im doing so now.

No dont think so.
    Hahaha, Id like to yes.

Yes.

I think some would say that yes.

MBTI
    ISFP

See subsequent post. Lost text in this one during edit.
    Last edited by LeafAndSky; 06-11-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Lost text

MBTI
    INTJ

In other words I would like that other poters just answer a couple of questions honestly. If you are not sure you get the question just say so.

Yes, other people will be alive at this point and they deserve to have access to the same resources and environment if not better. I believe in contribution and improvement.

I typically perform well under pressure, analyze options, and make decisions quickly when necessary.

Yes, this happens often.

I'm comfortable with any concept of time but do not use any concept of time on a daily basis... my perspective will change relative to the situation.

Never

No

No

No

Not typically... because I tend to let things run their complete course before I decide if they are useful or not - unless it is a repetitive action or event that I have previously made a decision on in the past.

sure they're just socks.

This question makes no sense to me.. not everything coming form your senses is in picture form...

Nope, the method I use to solve a problem is relative to the problem itself, the same methods are not always effective...

I always think of multiple ways to solve a problem and typically have a plan A-D once completed... I rarely wonder if there is a problem in the first place this is typically immediately obvious.

No I think it's ridiculous to have an emotion about something that hasn't happened yet and isn't guaranteed to happen.

I don't care either way... I am not static thus certain social norms are appealing to me while others are not. What I do and do not find appealing likely will not remain static either.

I won't answer a questing if I don't know the context, without the context I can't know what is being asked.

Never had one.

Nope

Nope

Nope...

Ok this is enough for now.[/QUOTE]

MBTI
    ISFP

How weird. When I edited my post to fix your name, which I had mistakenly made into one word, half the post didn't get re-posted in the edit. Trying again:

Antisocial one,

Will you have time to read all the replies? It could add up to a lot of material. A synopsis of mine:

Yes, a lot of what you asked applies to me (and would apply to some others, although not to 'the [average] man on the street'). If you're asking these questions because you're puzzled about having intermittent or regular difficulty with social interactions, and see that you're quite 'different', have patience with yourself and your situation, if you can. You're intelligent and very interesting. I think you'll change as you age, and life may very well get easier.

You may have more of an interest in my answers toward the end of the list.

There's a point if it intrigues a person. I look at humanity's future with curiosity. I have not as yet planned the details of my funeral.

I'm a good evaluator, but not speedy.

I know someone exactly like this, and someone partially like this, that is, it doesn't last the entire night. I've stayed up all night working on a writing project when the creativity flowed.

Yes.

I've done it, walking in a natural setting (my usual), for 45 minutes straight, and for shorter periods. I'd rather not. It made me miss the beauty (or if you prefer, the pleasant sensory input)!

No.

I felt awkward as a teen. How do people know whether to open the gift right now, or later? What do you say in response to a compliment, or a criticism? Etc.

I was more of a planner when younger.

Depends on the subject, but yeah, that's typical. Sometimes theory is useful in relation to personal philosophy or awe, even if not implementable. Say, in how organisms migrate, interesting patterns of behavior or distributions of phenomena, basalt formations, etc.

A relative is like that. Doesn't bother me to go places with him. I wear at least semi-conventional stuff in order to be able to connect with people well or effectively.

I'm fully comfortable with not even knowing philosophically what goes on, with not being able to evaluate a system from within a system, which might be a philosophy in itself.

I've never analyzed my problem solving. I'm told I'm good, though.

I'm perfectly willing to regroup. Not necessarily so personally invested, therefore will see things others can't.

No. You're philosophical, able to see a bigger picture than many. Start thinking about whether or not you can even get annoyed with them about something they're doing in the present. Consider whether they have much (if any) "choice" (whatever that means) in the things they do.

Sure. Independent thinkers and doers, unite! I mean, disperse. People who consider the things you mentioned are fascinating people, well worth talking with or observing.

There's a level underneath the apparent level which makes things interesting. It's easy to state a cliche or blanket proscription/prescription or rule, but rules have exceptions. Anyway, why not clarify with context first?

Any levels-thinking being has probably had one or more.

No, never. I'm curious about human reactions and behaviors but I get info from books or Science Daily: News & Articles in Science, Health, Environment & Technology. I don't like to deliberately make others uncomfortable. But if you do this, the reality is that people vary genetically in their level of empathy. If you're comfortable with the state of your social life, then no need to change the manipulating of people/situations. If you'd like to make a change, the formula is simple (although the details might be difficult to implement at first): To have a friend, be a friend.

Try having a perspective that, practically speaking, all perspectives are equal, and a perspective that answers are ultimately unknowable, including the answer that answers are unknowable; further, try having difficulty defining language itself.

When much younger I was sometimes told I made people feel like I was judging them (I was) or that I was stuck up (that was shyness). Later on, some people saw my directness as too-bluntness or as some kind of uncouthness, especially if they grew up with the norm of being reserved and indirect. Nowadays I'm told I'm "a people person" and "fun," etc.

Someday you may decide that a name other than Antisocial one fits you better. Do leave room for that possibility -- you can consider possibilities just fine. May I suggest you don't think that you're infallible when it comes to picking the likely outcome or scenario, especially when it comes to human beings, even more especially when it comes to yourself. People outgrow tattoos and avatars, usernames and self images, moreso if they're already open to learning from life experiences, changing, re-evaluating.