User Tag List

123 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default Ok lets settle this right now!

Why is it that INTJs are thought of as more analytical than INTPs, and INTPs more creative?

Because INTJs have Thinking on the outside and INTPs Intuition.

If we say being analytical is associated with Thinking, than wouldnt the type that has Thinking in the first function tend to be more analytical than the type that has thinking in the second place?

Or how about, if we say that Intuition is the salient factor concerning creativity, wouldnt this suggest that the type that has Intuition in the first place would be more creative?

The case is that we are more comfortable showing the world our extroverted functions more than introverted. So with the INTP, you will not see how analytical they really are unless you're in a close association with them. You will not see the INTJ's imagination unless the environment is appropriate. In most cases you will see the rigid Te that is particular about the way that things are done.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

INTJs are Js.

INTPs are Ps.

The end.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    INTJs are Js.

INTPs are Ps.

The end.

INTPs are led by a judging function and INTJs by a perceiving. Socionics did a better job of labeling calling the TiNe INTj and NiTe INTp. Though Leanor Thompson did well to notice that Ni is still a left-brained function and is more easily compared to the Te.

MBTI
    Pfft

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    You will not see the INTJ's imagination unless the environment is appropriate. In most cases you will see the rigid Te that is particular about the way that things are done.
    So we'll see your imagination if we provide an environment that gets us past your very particular exterior?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

INTPs are led by a judging function and INTJs by a perceiving. Socionics did a better job of labeling calling the TiNe INTj and NiTe INTp. Though Leanor Thompson did well to notice that Ni is still a left-brained function and is more easily compared to the Te.
    Too bad function stacking is dubious and hardly a rigid system.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu View Post
    So we'll see your imagination if we provide an environment that gets us past your very particular exterior?
    What are you talking about? Nothing that I said is set in stone. Everything is negotiable. I am even going out of my way to encourage people to disagree with what I say as long as it shows that they have thought it out thoroughly. And I certainly dont think in concepts like the left-brained learners do. (Js)

Although what INTJs say, at the time, for them may be set in stone, because they cant improvise on the fly. But later, when they go on to reflect, they will appreciate someone having corrected them as their Ni loves new ideas. And Ni wont cling to the method, because Ni devised the method in the first place, it can easily devise another one. Te clings to the method because it cant create, it can only follow through. Too bad the INTJ is led by the Ni, not the Te, the function that creates and not just executes.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

... oh god, I love it when SW takes control like this... <swoon>
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Too bad function stacking is dubious and hardly a rigid system.
    They manifest themselves in a myriad of fashions, yet it does not mean that those functions do not have a clear-cut meaning. If we perceive those types appropriately, we should have a good idea of what they are like. No need for relativism here.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

They manifest themselves in a myriad of fashions, yet it does not mean that those functions do not have a clear-cut meaning.
    There is your answer.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think it would do you well to take a step back for a moment and recall that people existed first, and the theory was supposed to be derived from them.

As such, you could in a sense equate humanity (REAL HUMAN behavior) to the noumenal and the MBTI theory as a subset of the Real (thus equatable to the phenoumenal).

So you've taken a theory that is already less than the "Real" and are theorizing based on it, then trying to slap it back over top of the Real.

It's not going to match up. It can't. It's just a theory and can't contain all the nuances and distinctions of the Real. It will be reflective to some degree, but it's going to have inconsistencies and flaws. Such as the one we are uncovering here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft