• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How has the MBTI affected you? (Video Q&A #1)

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR0V1V3YqIo"]How the MBTI has affected me.[/youtube]
Feel free to respond in the manner most comfortable. Video, written word, audio, w/e. I'm really interested in hearing your responses.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It has introduced me to the wonderful world of INFJs.

You remind me of Simon Tam from Firefly.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
I decided to try out the video response, but I think I'll be sticking to typing on the comp from now on. - YouTube - MBTI forum vid

I don't actually have a youtube account so I had to ask my best friend to place this on his. So, in case it isn't accessible to everyone, I'll also type out my response below. :)

Personally I haven't been that affected by MBTI. I think it's interesting but finding out my type hasn't really changed me that much..

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I decided to try out the video response, but I think I'll be sticking to typing on the comp from now on. - YouTube - MBTI forum vid

I don't actually have a youtube account so I had to ask my best friend to place this on his. So, in case it isn't accessible to everyone, I'll also type out my response below. :)

Personally I haven't been that affected by MBTI. I think it's interesting but finding out my type hasn't really changed me that much..

After watching the video, my main question im my mind was "what's with the mask?" Sorry.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
After watching the video, my main question im my mind was "what's with the mask?" Sorry.

No worries there isn't anything to be sorry about... honestly there are only a few reasons someone would chose to wear a mask when posting a video of themselves on the internet (at least that I can think of). So, I'll let you chose whichever you want or even make up something of your own. It's either I really like my privacy, I'm horribly disfigured (a butterface), I'm extremely ill and I don't wish to spread any germs, or I enjoy wearing a mask and do so all the time. :)

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE

Very nice response. Thanks much for your input.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
No worries there isn't anything to be sorry about... honestly there are only a few reasons someone would chose to wear a mask when posting a video of themselves on the internet (at least that I can think of). So, I'll let you chose whichever you want or even make up something of your own. It's either I really like my privacy, I'm horribly disfigured (a butterface), I'm extremely ill and I don't wish to spread any germs, or I enjoy wearing a mask and do so all the time. :)

Very well then. I will assume that you just robbed a bank and filmed the video during your escape.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR0V1V3YqIo"]How the MBTI has affected me.[/youtube]
Feel free to respond in the manner most comfortable. Video, written word, audio, w/e. I'm really interested in hearing your responses.

I wonder if you have read the articles cited on the website below Organizational Performance Dimensions. Instead of telling us about how MBTI has affected your life, why don't you post another video where you cogitate about your reasons for accepting the system. You may start with the definition of MBTI, then proceed to summarize the salient arguments that persuaded you to embrace this conception of personality and conclude with an evaluation of whether the foregoing arguments are deductively sound or inductively strong.

I think that most of us would learn much more from that kind of discourse than from the initiation of folk typological bilge posted in the OP. If you manage to be thorough and incisive in the recommended disquisition, you will be astounded at your initial reasons for accepting this speculative farrago and many of our readers will become wary of their tendency to naively embrace the unsupported conclusions of pop-psychology.

KDude

It sounds like MBTI has greatly affected you, SolitaryWalker.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I wonder if you have read the articles cited on the website below Organizational Performance Dimensions. Instead of telling us about how MBTI has affected your life, why don't you post another video where you cogitate about your reasons for accepting the system. You may start with the definition of MBTI, then proceed to summarize the salient arguments that persuaded you to embrace this conception of personality and conclude with an evaluation of whether the foregoing arguments are deductively sound or inductively strong.

I think that most of us would learn much more from that kind of discourse than from the initiation of folk typological bilge posted in the OP. If you manage to be thorough and incisive in the recommended disquisition, you will be astounded at your initial reasons for accepting this speculative farrago and many of our readers will become wary of their tendency to naively embrace the unsupported conclusions of pop-psychology.

I think I will use this post for the topic of my next Video Q&A.