• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Palate Cleansing English

Mole

Permabanned
It's plainly interesting and important to discuss one another's personalities in an accepting way.

But there is no need to discuss it in jargon. The English of Shakespeare is more than capable of discussing personality in its myriad forms, shades and moods.

And George Orwell warned us of the use of jargon.

Cults use jargon instead of clear English in order to bamboozle us.

And MBTI uses jargon to bamboozle us because it is not a personality test but another popular American cult.

So why not cleanse your palate with clear English?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's plainly interesting and important to discuss one another's personalities in an accepting way.

But there is no need to discuss it in jargon. The English of Shakespeare is more than capable of discussing personality in its myriad forms, shades and moods.

And George Orwell warned us of the use of jargon.

Cults use jargon instead of clear English in order to bamboozle us.

And MBTI uses jargon to bamboozle us because it is not a personality test but another popular American cult.

So why not cleanse your palate with clear English?

Are you trying to... Bamboozle me, Victor? ;)
Nice choice of words.
I happen to agree with you, again. Jargon is alienating others and it tends to be harsh in some variations of it.
I've worked on a ship. That jargon was very hurtful at times, not that I thought particularly much about it at the time.
It was when I was at home and people started complaining over my use of curse words.
I even have an infraction here for using the word "fag" in an otherwise rough sentence, without meaning it to be homophobic.

That gave me some pause.
Rest assured, I have started the process of "cleansing my pallet"...

On that note and jargon as an alienating factor...
Wouldn't it be nice with a single, universal language?
English is growing into that role in the western world, thankfully.
As you might know, English is not my mother language, but I think I master it better than even most native speakers when it comes to relaying what I mean.
How nice wouldn't it be if everyone around the world was able to freely express themselves in the same language?
How many conflicts wouldn't be solved by the lack of misunderstandings and alienation due to differing languages?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The English of Shakespeare is more than capable of discussing personality in its myriad forms, shades and moods....So why not cleanse your palate with clear English?

I first read this as Pilates cleansing English. lol.

If you desire the spleen, and will laugh yourselves into stitches,
follow me. Yon gull Malvolio is turn'd heathen, a very renegado;
for there is no Christian that means to be sav'd by believing
rightly can ever believe such impossible passages of grossness.