• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and dominant intelligence

What's your temperament and dominant intelligence type?

• NT - Logical/Mathematical

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • NT - Visual/Spatial

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • NT - Linguistic

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • NT - Bodily/Kinesthetic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NT - Interpersonal/Intrapersonal

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • NF - Logical/Mathematical

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • NF - Visual/Spatial

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • NF - Linguistic

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • NF - Bodily/Kinesthetic

• NF - Interpersonal/Intrapersonal

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • SP - Logical/Mathematical

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • SP - Visual/Spatial

• SP - Linguistic

• SP - Bodily/Kinesthetic

• SP - Interpersonal/Intrapersonal

• SJ - Logical/Mathematical

• SJ - Visual/Spatial

• SJ - Linguistic

• SJ - Bodily/Kinesthetic

• SJ - Interpersonal/Intrapersonal

• Total voters

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Interesting.
My verbal/linguistic intelligence is (according to this test) very high, higher than I expected. I often have difficulty with finding words for my thoughts. I can't express myself very well in words, though I can write very well. But I have to think about the words for a very long time. I have poorly verbal skills, because conversations are often going too fast for me. Maybe an introverted thing? Or maybe just because I live in my head and almost never come out.
I can recognize myself very well in the description of intrapersonal intelligence, which is my intelligence number one. I didn't even know this is a intelligence! Nice to know this. :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
205513.png

I think in terms of "quasi visual" dynamic networks I can interpret in terms of shapes and motions if need be. So, i'd say it fits if taken holisticaly rather than trait by trait.
In relation to 'interpersonal', I know I don't interact with most people in the same way an F person would, I tend to mostly deal with people on the "same cognitive level" I'd use dealing with "things or ideas". (which doesn't mean I don't like them or think of them as people, I just mean that my goal is generally efficiency rather than 'humanity' as a special sub set of the natural universe)

So i'd say my dominant 'd be logical if i had to choose one, a good part of my interpersonal is interlaced with the logical and even emerges from it, but I know the networked way I think is quite different in flavour to the way an intp or intj might think (linear thinking actually takes a conscious effort, i have to jump from one point to another and the result is the entire network and not a given line)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry to burst your bubble, but naturalistic intelligence is a bullshit category. There isn't a nature-based cognitive process, rather you use other types of intelligence (usually logical, visual or kinesthetic) in service of an interest in natural knowledge, awareness and expertise.

Well, in that case, for biology (as well as any science for that matter), I use logical deduction/induction to arrive at a conclusion about what I observe in the environment, and kinesthetic when doing dissections, looking at things under a microscope, and working with other apparatuses in the lab.

I suppose given the data that I have from the test on MyPersonality.com, if you eliminated naturalistic intelligence, the logical thing to replace the third strength with would be logical/mathematical, since it fits in the realm of science.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, my top on the 'MyPersonality' thingie was Naturalist, but since I find that utterly silly to classify under 'intelligences' (it's an interest, rather than a cognitive aptitude imo), my second highest was Logical/Mathematical followed by Intrapersonal and Visual/Spatial, which were very close.

Interpersonal, Verbal/Linguistic, Kinesthetic, and Musical were all further down, Kinesthetic and Interpersonal being the lowest (the latter I would assume because the questions were very extrovert/introvert-based for that, and I'm pretty introverted).

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interpersonal, visual/spatial, and logical/mathematical, were all tied at 70%, my bottom 2 were musical and naturalistic

KDude

Bodily/Kinesthetic 90%
Musical 90%
Visual/Spatial 65%
Naturalist 65%
Intrapersonal 40%
Interpersonal 35%
Logical/Mathematical 30%
Verbal/Linguistic 15%

I think I shortchanged myself somehow on visual/spatial, but close enough.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Intrapersonal 85%
Visual/Spatial 75%
Verbal/Linguistic 55%

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I went with visual/spatial on the poll, even though that was actually ranked number two in my inventory. Musical, which was not on the poll, was my actual dominant intelligence.
My top three were:
musical
visual/spatial
kinesthetic
Temperament: SP

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not to disappoint anyone, but.....

yeah, my top score is kinesthetic followed closely by interpersonal and linguistic :)

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Interesting.
My verbal/linguistic intelligence is (according to this test) very high, higher than I expected. I often have difficulty with finding words for my thoughts. I can't express myself very well in words, though I can write very well. But I have to think about the words for a very long time. I have poorly verbal skills, because conversations are often going too fast for me. Maybe an introverted thing?

If you can write very well, then you can find words for your thoughts. Writing well involves verbal/linguistic ability as much as speaking does. I assume you mean you can't find words for your thoughts quickly and immediately, such as when you are conversing with someone in person.

And yeah, that's an introvert thing. I'm the same way. Extraverts think better when they have something outside themselves to interact with and respond to, and introverts think better when they can be alone and tune in to thoughts and ideas that are already inside them.

Sometimes I think verbal intelligence can make me more reluctant to speak in person. I know I can be so much more articulate in writing, and sometimes I go over conversations afterward and regret the things I didn't say, or didn't say clearly enough. When I can come up with such effective ways to say things in writing, that makes me sound awkward to myself when I remember what I'm like in person.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Musical 100% (since I have played an instrument for 3/4 of my life, and I have near perfect pitch)
Verbal/Linguistic 60%
Naturalist 50% (I live in an area full of mountains and hiking trails)

But since I think the naturalist and musical sections aren't related to intelligences at all, as much as they're related to your circumstances, I'll say that I scored the same on kinesthetic and logical (45%), and they came next.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
NT, logical and mathematical. I have an ongoing project improving my interpersonal skills, to make this math teacher not only good at math but also good at teaching!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NT
Visual, Logical, and Musical all tied.
People skills suck, but that's because I hate people lol.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Very interesting. Seems so far NT results almost perfectly mirror NF results.

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
Hard question because I'm good at so many things! Besides, there are not all possible options available, for example musical abilities. I once took that test and it said that my musical skills were the best.

Anyway, I replied "mathematical/logical" but I've also been told that I'm really talented at writing and languages, music, dancing, and visual arts.

I didn't take the test now... I know what I'm good at better than that test does.