• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would God be a perfect INTJ?

Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 56 86.2%

• Total voters

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hypothetically, of course, regardless of whether or not you believe in him. The construct known as "God" according to the Christian bible and/or Judeo-Christian belief system, in so far as the two do or do not conflate but their core remains similar. I am not seeking a philosophical debate about God, nor do I care for any philosophical "loopholes" which may exist. My question is straightforward and should only be answered within the confines of the aforementioned specifications. Also, I am not concerned by any real or perceived "flaws" and/or limitations within MBTI itself, and am only asking your opinion in accord with the Myers-Briggs typology system.

My answer: Yes.

My reasoning:

I - Is an obscure entity who does not interact and correspond with his creations unless he is modifying them, or guiding them, and clearly spends an inordinate amount of time in solitude. Being an omniscient being, he must utilize self-reflection and internal rationalization in order to extract the desired course of action. He is independent and does not rely on assistance or immediate company, and as far as is claimed, he is the only entity of his stature in existence, which indicates a predisposition toward detachment from everything external of his own sentience.

NT - This is obvious, as he must clearly posses the qualities of an intuitive thinker as primary characteristics, who must process vast quantities of information through his own logical conduits before compiling the results in a manner that reflects his internal vision. To construct the entire cosmos would indubitably require abstract reasoning, logical analysis, and immeasurable conceptual abilities. The latter, in particular, seems to correspond well with the INTJ's Te/Ni combination, where Ni produces ideas and seeks possibilities, and Te organizes the resultant concepts in a logical manner.

J - The universe has structure and is governed by the laws of physics. God set rules and mandated a code of conduct. He clearly immersed himself in the affairs of mortals when they did not display the desired behaviors, and overtly expressed his disapproval, which required immediate resolution. God plans and sets goals for mortal men, e.g. reaching heaven. In other words: God seeks closure. In the INTJ, this characteristic is evident through the interplay of Te and J, where J demands structure, and Te demands the logical organization of the external universe.

Last edited:

KDude

Nah. I just spoke with him. He's a bit like John Ritter in Three's Company. I guess..? That's the closest comparison. He was wearing very short shorts too. Kinda weird actually, but whatever..

My guess is ESFP.

threes-company.jpg

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Bah! I wish I knew more about Myers-Briggs typology, so that I could participate in this conversation. How disappointing.

I will, instead, watch this thread with eager eyes. Hopefully, people will actually take this topic seriously.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Bah! I wish I knew more about Myers-Briggs typology, so that I could participate in this conversation. How disappointing.

I will, instead, watch this thread with eager eyes. Hopefully, people will actually take this topic seriously.

Indeed. Let's hope so.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This depends on what God we're talking about, his attitude towards humanity, etc. It isn't even at all clear that God spends a lot of time by himself or enjoys it, given that most depictions of God show an army of angels (or lesser gods in polytheistic religions -- Pretty much the same thing), and God could be an administrator of sorts. Hell, it's even more likely God is an E than an I -- It would explain why he created the world in the first place. An INTJ might have been content to sit in the darkness and reflect for all eternity. The only logically inescapable fact here is that if God exists, he is an Intuitive.

God as depicted in the Old Testament is an ENTJ badass motherfucker who destroyed entire cities if they pissed him off. God as depicted in the new testament is ENFP.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
This depends on what God we're talking about, his attitude towards humanity, etc. It isn't even at all clear that God spends a lot of time by himself or enjoys it, given that most depictions of God show an army of angels (or lesser gods in polytheistic religions -- Pretty much the same thing), and God could be an administrator of sorts. Hell, it's even more likely God is an E than an I -- It would explain why he created the world in the first place. An INTJ might have been content to sit in the darkness and reflect for all eternity. The only logically inescapable fact here is that if God exists, he is an Intuitive.

God as depicted in the Old Testament is an ENTJ badass motherfucker who destroyed entire cities if they pissed him off. God as depicted in the new testament is ENFP.

The God of the Judeo-Christians and/or their belief system. Exactly as was stated.

Your grasp on MBTI seems fickle and simplistic. An INTJ sitting alone in the darkness when all the power in existence is innate in him? Introverts do not need any interaction? Introverts can never lead armies? Don't be ridiculous. Introversion has little if anything to do with activity, only the method by which one draws his or her energy. Introverts are drained by excessive personal interaction with other people, but it does not imply that they have no need for people at all; this fact should be obvious considering introverted feelers. All humans need some company at least some of the time. Needless to say, God is not human, but I believe the same principle applies, especially considering that humans were supposedly created in his "image." Simply because he destroyed cities does not make God an ENTJ; that, again, is a ridiculous association.

KDude

Why would comparing God to Jack Tripper not being taking this seriously? :confused:

I'm making a serious point. Use your intuition. :)

I would agree though that the Old Testament God is mostly ENTJ. Even that depends though. There are kind of two distinct takes on God in the Torah, and only later on do they sort of merge in the rest of the Old Testament writings (this is more biblically related though, but not "god" related per se.. but I'm referring to the J/E documentary hypothesis. One take on him is very human like, communicates in a one-to-one sort of way, and is involved in nitty gritty affairs.. another is detached and controlling and big picture oriented. Both are very authoritarian though, and not particularly friendly).

That all said, the bible shouldn't necessarily matter in this discussion.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I believe megalomania just reached its ultimate peak.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
who ever heard of an imperfect INTJ, anyway?

who ever heard of an INTJ who wasn't god himself?

this thread is a joke.

F

figsfiggyfigs

ya lets not get carried away... you're gonna make some INTJ's heads bigger than they already are...

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know much about MBTI, however some assumptions can still be made for the sake of discussion - so long as my comments are taken as opinion and not fact, since you cannot really have a serious debate about something/someone that has never been quantified.

Either way, assuming there is a god, and assuming god is awesome - isn't it more likely he'd be a combination of all of the really great parts (subjectively defined by god) from all of the personality types and none of their shortcomings? Maybe even mixed in with some personality types that aren't even possible for mankind yet given our primitiveness in comparison with a being such as god? God being an INTJ (even the ultimate INTJ) just seems laughable to me... Trying to assign an MBTI type to god seems a lot like trying to assign an MBTI type to something like a bacterium. It's been my experience that it is difficult to compare two things on a global scale (God and humans or humans and bacteria) when there is such a huge gap in their complexity... just my two-cents.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Ah, the delightful irony of unintentional self-caricature... :yes:

Daedalus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't know much about MBTI, however some assumptions can still be made for the sake of discussion - so long as my comments are taken as opinion and not fact, since you cannot really have a serious debate about something/someone that has never been quantified.

Either way, assuming there is a god, and assuming god is awesome - isn't it more likely he'd be a combination of all of the really great parts (subjectively defined by god) from all of the personality types and none of their shortcomings? Maybe even mixed in with some personality types that aren't even possible for mankind yet given our primitiveness in comparison with a being such as god? God being an INTJ (even the ultimate INTJ) just seems laughable to me... Trying to assign an MBTI type to god seems a lot like trying to assign an MBTI type to something like a bacterium. It's been my experience that it is difficult to compare two things on a global scale (God and humans or humans and bacteria) when there is such a huge gap in their complexity... just my two-cents.

Well said

I think the original posts reeks of species-centrism. IF (and this is a HUGE IF) there is a god; what are the chances that it only created life on earth? chances are that there is life in billions of other worlds...and chances are that they might not have anything in common with us. So to think that god should be one out of 16 possible Human personality types is totally incorrect

Furthermore its my personal belief that most of what we might call god(s) might be ancient UFO's misidentified by humans. After all, the UFO phenomenon has some evidence to support it; while god has none.

:)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I think, if God would have created the whole world, he would have been a mentally disturbed ENTP.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why would "God" be a perfect anything?
To be honest, I find his story sort of dull compared to other ones.
Not to mention the traditions he supposedly set in place.
I guess some of it is fine, but... Not perfect.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
God? Perfect? Hardly.

He sends Abraham up to the mountain to kill his son. When he gets there, he says
"Ah no, I was just joking! You can keep him! I wasn't really gonna make you kill him! Hahahaha! I am such a lark. Anyway you basically own a whole lot of land because of that. Because you thought I was so awesome."

That is one example of why God is lame. Why the hell would any sane INTJ bother with something stupid like that?

And no sane INTJ would say proof denies faith. They could care less about faith. Cold hard facts are more important.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
IF God were perfect, why use an imperfect concept of human personality as a definition?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your grasp on MBTI seems fickle and simplistic. An INTJ sitting alone in the darkness when all the power in existence is innate in him? Introverts do not need any interaction? Introverts can never lead armies? Don't be ridiculous. Introversion has little if anything to do with activity, only the method by which one draws his or her energy. Introverts are drained by excessive personal interaction with other people, but it does not imply that they have no need for people at all; this fact should be obvious considering introverted feelers. All humans need some company at least some of the time. Needless to say, God is not human, but I believe the same principle applies, especially considering that humans were supposedly created in his "image." Simply because he destroyed cities does not make God an ENTJ; that, again, is a ridiculous association.
No I kind of agree, I said God would have been more likely to be an extrovert because he got bored of being alone, not that that necessarily made him one. Further, note that not only did he made himself friends (humanity and his cadre of angels), but he constantly reached out to said friends, despite not really needing to (INTJs tend to only talk to other people when they want something). He, for example, didn't really need to say "sup" to Moses in the burning bush. He did it anyway -- probably out of boredom since he'd let his supposed "chosen people" be fucked over by Philistines, the Amalekites, the Egyptians, the Babylonians, and the Persians (showing that he did not give a shit about them).

Now, I would buy God being some INxx if he exists today, because we have seen no sign of him. Biblical God was a definite extrovert however.