• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would God be a perfect INTJ?

Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 56 86.2%

• Total voters

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
:doh: Sigh, reading those posts...

Well, so IF God was an INTJ, then what? That proves that INTJs are the best?

I don't get why people want to define God; God doesn't need YOU to define him. A lowly servant like YOU.

(And sigh, my logic is simple. You, eg, Lex, just have to take it into a complex view. Sometimes you guys read into things so 'logically' that you miss some of the easiest concepts.)

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Exactly; the most we can obtain is a vague approximation based on our extremely limited understanding. Our initial assumption is that God is like us. We then observe his actions and then use them to prove that God is like us. It’s circular logic with little empirical evidence.

Flaws in your logic concerning your quoted paragraph, located above, as I see them:

1.) This topic is specifically about the god of the bible. The range for discussion has been limited, so, from this knowledge - the knowledge of the bible, and only this knowledge can we come to a conclusion about the personality of god. The discussion does not and should not wish to include any sort of pagan god, diety, scripture or concept, including concepts not known to us; concepts that are either not within the Bible, and that are unrealizable through human means, are not to be discussed and are irrelevant.

2.) We are not debating the existence or nature of god in this thread. Your comment about lack of empirical evidences is not necessary as we are accepting the idea of god as factual, in the sense that it is to be taken literally from the scriptures, and real, so that we may debate his personality.

Kthnx.

God wasn’t bound by some biological clock or need to perpetuate himself beyond his death. He didn’t mosey on over to a female God to fulfill some primal sexual desire nor is there any reason to believe that he impregnated the Virgin Mary in the fashion of Zeus from Mount Olympus. Really, God's creation of Jesus seems far more similar to that of Adam and Eve than of the textbook sperm to egg form of reproduction.

This is all unfounded opinion. A conversation over this will result in nothing beneficial. It is unrelated to the topic at hand, also.

Elaboration please.

Wiki it.

Yes, according to God’s word, filtered through the bias of human text, God possesses an emotional state that a human would roughly interpret as anger, if only because there is no other reference point or word to define the mindset of an omnipresent, all powerful being.

What makes you think the god of the bible would create beings that are incapable of comprehending him and his nature? Besides, your point is pointless, as it lacks any sort of justification other than your opinion.

My justification, for my logic, on the other hand, allows for the reasoning that, this is common knowledge amongst biblical studies, the bible is the absolute, god-breathed, exact and without error, word of god, himself. That is to say, god wrote the bible through the form of man. Thus, according to this logic, there is no need to question gods use of words as they would be proper and correct - without error.

Simply because you understand the most basic structures of a particular thing doesn’t mean that you understand the thing itself. A small child may roughly understand the phrase “time is relative, mmmkay” but that doesn’t necessarily mean that he understands Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity.

This topic isn't about Einsteins Special Theory... It's about the phrase, dude. Make a new thread or something. :yes:

Please elaborate.

No thanks.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
im lol'ing at the results of this poll. what a landslide.

If God and Humans were numbers . humans would equal .00000000000000000000000000000000000001
God is infinite.
Uh........ .00000000000000000000000000000000000001 of infinity? Really?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
im lol'ing at the results of this poll. what a landslide.

Uh........ .00000000000000000000000000000000000001 of infinity? Really?

No.. of a whole number in comparison to infinity.. Not so difficult is it?

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
:doh: Sigh, reading those posts...

Well, so IF God was an INTJ, then what? That proves that INTJs are the best?

I don't get why people want to define God; God doesn't need YOU to define him. A lowly servant like YOU.

For clarification as I stated in an earlier post in this thread I don't think we'd be able to type god with any personality theory we currently have to describe ourselves. These theories don't even succeed in describing everyone in the general population accurately...

that being said, for the sake of addressing your point, let's just say that for whatever reason it turned out that god is an INTJ. That wouldn't mean that INTJs are the best since in this case the two objects (God and mankind) are mutually exclusive.

Having a trait in common with god has about as much meaning as having a trait in common with an animal. God is kind and some men are kind... some animals are vicious and some men are vicious - can you see where I'm going with this? The difference in complexity between the two objects is so great that direct comparison is impossible in any meaningful way and you end up with two things that are superficially comparable...

(And sigh, my logic is simple. You, eg, Lex, just have to take it into a complex view. Sometimes you guys read into things so 'logically' that you miss some of the easiest concepts.)

The logic isn't the problem here... it's the initial assumptions. I don't think he'll ever see your logic and it doesn't seem that you can see his logic either, not because either of you are being illogical, but because you do not agree on the initial assumptions about god which are crucial to actually having a useful debate about the personality type of god.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
This topic is specifically about the god of the bible. The range for discussion has been limited, so, from this knowledge - the knowledge of the bible, and only this knowledge can we come to a conclusion about the personality of god. The discussion does not and should not wish to include any sort of pagan god, diety, scripture or concept, including concepts not known to us; concepts that are either not within the Bible, and that are unrealizable through human means, are not to be discussed and are irrelevant.
Yes, and/or the Judeo Christian belief system. We are provided with a series of actions that God alleged performed, as well as a collection of general mental states. It is completely up to us to interpret this information and as several human interpreters begin with the assumption that God is humanlike, circular logic is applied to interpret all of his actions as motivated by those found within the human mind.
We are not debating the existence or nature of god in this thread. Your comment about lack of empirical evidences is not necessary as we are accepting the idea of god as factual, in the sense that it is to be taken literally from the scriptures, and real, so that we may debate his personality.
The quoted paragraph called for empirical evidence in proving that God possesses motivations and emotions similar to those of you and I. It was not a request for empirical evidence in regard to the existence of God at all. As for the nature of God, it’s impossible not to debate such a thing when discussing his personality.
This is all unfounded opinion. A conversation over this will result in nothing beneficial. It is unrelated to the topic at hand, also.
Are you implying that God had sex with the Virgin Mary? Or that an immortal, all powerful being is motivated by self preservation in the fashion that anyone possessing one of the sixteen personality types would be? Seeing that one of the few definite aspects that we know of God is that he is eternal and all knowing, it would not seem to be an ‘unfounded opinion” that he is most likely not motivated by these two instinctual drives.
I cannot argue a point that will not be presented clearly nor is it practical for me to go through 3,303,738 encyclopedic articles to infer the nature of what very well may be a subjective opinion on your part.
What makes you think the god of the bible would create beings that are incapable of comprehending him and his nature?
For the same reason that he would create several millions of other beings and organisms incapable of comprehending him and his nature.
My justification, for my logic, on the other hand, allows for the reasoning that, this is common knowledge amongst biblical studies, the bible is the absolute, god-breathed, exact and without error, word of god, himself. That is to say, god wrote the bible through the form of man.
You stated it yourself. The Bible is the message of God interpreted to us through a human scribe (Mark, Luke, John, etc.). Even if God were to possess the writers themselves, providing them with the full ability to understand God’s message (very doubtful), there would still be a barrier in interpreting this theoretically infallible work through the frailties of the thousands of human languages into which the Bible has been interpreted over millennia of time. There are several who cannot even agree upon whether a famous passage should be translated into “Thou shall not kill” or “Thou shall not murder”. What is the chance that interpretations for the thousands of other passages in the modern Bible are completely straightforward?
This topic isn't about Einsteins Special Theory... It's about the phrase, dude. Make a new thread or something.
It was an analogy pointing out that simply understanding the most basic structure of a particular subject does not mean that you understand it. If my post was about Einstein’s theory I would comprehensively go into the scientific principles concerning it.
No thanks.
Then there is no argument.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As an old saying says: If it is not a human being and it isn't a God either, then it must be an INTJ.

In other words: No, I don't think so. ;)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Proof that God is in fact an ENTP:

platypus1.jpg

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Hear that mods?

Lex has spoken.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
let there be thread closage! :holy:

(because the poll results are unsatisfactory :jesus:)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Lex has backed down after seeing my meticulous and excellent case for ENTP.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Would he? No determination has been made at present, but his application will be carefully considered.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
LOL :D, everybody got distracted by that..uhh.. platypus I would believe? :shock: