• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would God be a perfect INTJ?

Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 56 86.2%

• Total voters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jesus was ENFJ.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I do not think God can be typed. That being said, I would idealize Jesus as an INFJ. I think INTJs would be horrible in the position in God. I'm short-tempered, impatient, too sarcastic and I can get insensitive. Also, I tend to abandon projects midway. So yeah...

That doesn't strike me as particularly INTJ, especially the part about "abandoning projects." When an INTJ finds a project that he truly enjoys and cares to perform, he generally completes it to the end; at least, that is what it is like with myself. Failing to complete a project strikes me INTP behaviour. INTJs may begin many projects that they do not complete, but that is only due to lack of interest or other constraints, and I don't believe that this is a type specific trait. Creating the entire universe strikes me as a project as sublime as one can be, and is therefore something than an INTJ would be well-suited for. There is a reason the INTJ is referred to as the "mastermind" according to the Keirsey Temperament Sorter, and much of it has to do with his ability to think abstractly and create plans supported by contingency plans. INTJs are overrepresented in prominent leadership positions, and many famous military geniuses (e.g. Caesar, Hannibal, Clausewitz, Frederick the Great, Rommel; and I could even make a case for Napoleon) and statesmen, along with business leaders, have been (and are) INTJs, so it is unlikely that the type is inherently fickle; on the contrary, the exact opposite seems true.

God, as he is described in the bible, especially in the Old Testament, is most definitely short-tempered and impatient. I am not sure how much this applies to INTJs, but to be honest, it does apply to myself, and an argument could be made that it is linked to J.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God, as depicted in the bible, is an extrovert.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yahveh spent half his existence commanding his underlings. He came down to Earth to consort with humans despite having zero need to. His whole demeanor screamed Te-dom on crack. He was a very, very obvious ENTJ. Given that ENTJs are Ni-auxiliary, the fact he came up with this whole damn universe is hardly proof he wasn't. ;)

sculpting

Jesus was ENFJ.

WARNING: offensive content

Jesus was TOTALLY an ENFP:

1) He got pissed and kept ditching everyone to go wonder off in the wilderness. "I am going away because you people all suck...I QUIT! (Do you miss me???)" I bet he would have deleted his posts given the chance. Good thing everything was verbal at the time, otherwise he likely would have burned the scrolls.....

2) He said you had to forgive everybody. No matter what. Love everybody, no matter what. Did they lie to you and call you horrible names? Forgive them. Only ENFPs are this ridiculously forgiving...

3) That little stunt kicking stuff around in the temple? That would be an ENFP bitchslap. Somebody got a little bent over his ideals and decide to act out...

4) He totally had the enfp martyr complex.

God was a TJ for sure. Doesnt strike me as an estj, well except for dueteronomy.

Older INTJs can be very paternal and caring, as well as wise and seem to have a desire to "grow others" if via tough love sometimes. This sounds like God-especially the Job part.

Less mature INTJs however under tert Fi will assume the other person is to blame for everything and that there is nothing wrong with them. This could explain the flood during God's younger years...

"Obviously that mess down there isnt my fault. I did everything right, so they must be the ones with the problem....morally corrupt, twisted, crippled, evil monsters...They need to be drowned and we can start over again..."

(I personally am more a fan of Siva, if I had to pick a god...)

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
(Caesar, Hannibal, Clausewitz, Frederick the Great, Rommel; and I could even make a case for Napoleon)

I don't mean to derail the thread, but from that list only Hannibal and possibly Frederick were INTJs. Since you were talking about military geniuses I assume you mean Julius Caesar, but I really hate it when people just write "Caesar". Don't you realise how many Caesars there are?

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't mean to derail the thread, but from that list only Hannibal and possibly Frederick were INTJs. Since you were talking about military geniuses I assume you mean Julius Caesar, but I really hate it when people just write "Caesar". Don't you realise how many Caesars there are?

Yes, I realize how many Roman emperors (individuals who are historically forgotten notwithstanding) adopted the name Caesar in their extended names after the Caesar. However, it isn't too difficult to deduce that I intended to name Julius Caesar. There is only one "Caesar" that we refer to as "Caesar," and that is Gaius Julius Caesar, the Roman military and political leader, just like there is only one Leondardo (da Vinci) that we refer to by his first name, or one Bernini (Gian Lorenzo), or Michelangelo (di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni.) Hell, we could even extend your argument to the Byzantine and Russian dynasties who adopted the titular name "Caesar" (Czar in Russian) for their emperors, but these are not who most historians refer to as "Caesar." Even Napoleon Bonaparte is not the sole bearer of his name, and two prominent individuals were the bearers of the name "Napoleon" after the death of the emperor, i.e. Napoleon II (his son) and Napoleon III (his nephew); yet there is only one "Napoleon" we refer to by his first name, and that is Napoleon Bonaparte, or Napoleon I, the first French emperor. If you "hate" my use of the name by itself because you don't understand, then I have just clarified it for you; if you hate it because it annoys you, then that is your concern and I do not care for your neurosis.

Also, they were all INTJs. Caesar especially.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jesus was TOTALLY an ENFP:
He sooo wasn't. :tongue:

1) He got pissed and kept ditching everyone to go wonder off in the wilderness. "I am going away because you people all suck...I QUIT! (Do you miss me???)" I bet he would have deleted his posts given the chance. Good thing everything was verbal at the time, otherwise he likely would have burned the scrolls.....
What? He didn't explicitly quit. He just wandered off so he could talk to God for a bit. Specifically, ask "why did you make me your chosen one?!" - or "why did you make yourself your own self?!". Jesus was not the most logical man in the world.

2) He said you had to forgive everybody. No matter what. Love everybody, no matter what. Did they lie to you and call you horrible names? Forgive them. Only ENFPs are this ridiculously forgiving...
Frankly, I'd say NTPs and NFJs are more forgiving. Fe is a more magnanimous function; Fi is values focused and it can be very mean to people who violate its ideals.

3) That little stunt kicking stuff around in the temple? That would be an ENFP bitchslap. Somebody got a little bent over his ideals and decide to act out...
He saw the moneychangers' actions as harmful, which a higher Fe user would react rather negatively towards. For another example of an NFJ in blitz mode, see Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver.

4) He totally had the enfp martyr complex.
You mean the NF martyr complex? ;)

God was a TJ for sure. Doesnt strike me as an estj, well except for dueteronomy.

Older INTJs can be very paternal and caring, as well as wise and seem to have a desire to "grow others" if via tough love sometimes. This sounds like God-especially the Job part.

Less mature INTJs however under tert Fi will assume the other person is to blame for everything and that there is nothing wrong with them. This could explain the flood during God's younger years...
This is all true, but God in the Old Testament wasn't INTJ, he was ENTJ. :yes: His actions clearly showed Te dominance, and he often came down to Earth to consort with humans.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Yes, I realize how many Roman emperors (individuals who are historically forgotten notwithstanding) adopted the name Caesar in their extended names after the Caesar. However, it isn't too difficult to deduce that I intended to name Julius Caesar. There is only one "Caesar" that we refer to as "Caesar," and that is Gaius Julius Caesar

What utter nonsense. Speak for yourself and your own usage of nomenclature. Any sane historian would realise that simply using the name "Caesar" out of context would be inappropriate and misleading because of how the name has been worn historically. Your personal obsession with Julius is hardly grounds for generalising. In fact, go to Wikipedia and type in "Caesar" for a mainstream example; it leads you to the disambiguation first, proving that your claims of complete lack of ambiguity are ridiculous even outside the realm of experts on the subject. Besides, Julius' adopted son Augustus Caesar, who fits your other criteria, was genuinely an INTJ, adding further to the uncertainty. Your reasoning fails on both the general and specific count.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
What utter nonsense. Speak for yourself and your own usage of nomenclature. Any sane historian would realise that simply using the name "Caesar" out of context would be inappropriate and misleading because of how the name has been worn historically. Your personal obsession with Julius is hardly grounds for generalising. In fact, go to Wikipedia and type in "Caesar" for a mainstream example; it leads you to the disambiguation first, proving that your claims of complete lack of ambiguity are ridiculous even outside the realm of experts on the subject. Besides, Julius' adopted son Augustus Caesar, who fits your other criteria, was genuinely an INTJ, adding further to the uncertainty. Your reasoning fails on both the general and specific count.

When I search for "Caesar" using Google, the first link leads to Julius Caesar on Wikipedia. The second link is "Caesar" as a title, again on Wikipedia, which directly stems from Julius Caesar. In fact, the first eight links are entirely about Julius Caesar. Searching through Wikipedia, I do indeed get a disambiguation list when I type "Caesar," but under the category of "Ancient Rome," only two prominent Caesars are listed: Julius Caesar, the dictator and military leader, and his father, Gaius Julius Caesar, the proconsul. The other two options are the "Julii Caesares," who were the family of Julius Caesar, and "Caesar" the title, which, again, originated entirely because of Julius Caesar. Caesar Augustus (or simply Augustus) was not even listed, nor were any other Roman emperors who bore the name! Now, with this evidence, to whom could I possibly have been referring to?

It is not misleading to use the singular names of illustrious historical figures, especially in the case of Julius Caesar, who is one of the most famous in history, and while an argument could be made that it can potentially "mislead" the less informed, it is irrelevant. If you don't even know of the Caesar, from whom all subsequent Caesars derive their name, then you shouldn't be injecting your opinion into the discussion anyway. It is understandable, but one could not help but lose respect for your historical credibility. The equivalent would be, in the context of scientific (although the context, in both of these cases, is almost insignificant) history, for somebody to complain about referring to Albert Einstein as simply "Einstein," or Sir Isaac Newton as simply "Newton."

You're correct in your claim that Augustus (i.e. Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus, whose previous name was Octavian) was most likely an INTJ himself; Julius Caesar was as well.

That being said, it is perfectly acceptable to refer to "Caesar," instead of Julius Caesar, in a casual discussion, where I was simply referring to the Caesar for the sake of simplicity.

I think the situation stands like so: you attempted to be a, for lack of a better term, smart-ass, were pretentious and as a result wrong, and were put in your place because of it.

You're also correct in that you are derailing the thread, and are also shaming the INTJ type, and should now depart.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It is not misleading to use the singular names of illustrious historical figures, especially in the case of Julius Caesar, who is one of the most famous in history, and while an argument could be made that it can potentially "mislead" the less informed, it is irrelevant. If you don't even know of the Caesar, from whom all subsequent Caesars derive their name, then you shouldn't be injecting your opinion into the discussion anyway. It is understandable, but one could not help but lose respect for your historical credibility.

It seems apparent that you are the one lacking knowledge of history. Cast away the less informed as you please, it only makes your argument weaker. It is as nonsensical to say that all subsequent Caesars got their name from Julius as saying they got it from Julius' father. Augustus Caesar was the one who created the Empire and became its first Emperor, and thus his name is formally the one being perpetuated throughout the royal lines. Augustus was by far the most revolutionary and important of the two, expanding the Empire enormously. I take it you get your historical knowledge and estimations of the importance of historical figures from Asterix & Obelix.

The equivalent would be, in the context of scientific (although the context, in both of these cases, is almost insignificant) history, for somebody to complain about referring to Albert Einstein as simply "Einstein," or Sir Isaac Newton as simply "Newton."

Completely false analogy. Name one other famous scientist with the name "Einstein" or "Newton". It's more akin to suddenly start using the name "Kennedy" out of nowhere when discussing any given political topic. Which Kennedy? Ted? John? Robert?

You're correct in your claim that Augustus (i.e. Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus, whose previous name was Octavian) was most likely an INTJ himself; Julius Caesar was as well.

The latter most certainly was not, which is one of the main fallacies of your argument. Do a quick google search for "Julius Caesar INTJ" and see what consensus you come up with. Even if your other points were sensible (which they're clearly not) this alone destroys the claim of clarity.

You're also correct in that you are derailing the thread, and are also shaming the INTJ type, and should now depart.

Haha, do you take so much pride in group identity that you fear me shaming it? I would've thought godlike beings to be above such trivial fears :newwink:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs are overrepresented in prominent leadership positions, and many famous military geniuses (e.g. Caesar, Hannibal, Clausewitz, Frederick the Great, Rommel; and I could even make a case for Napoleon) and statesmen, along with business leaders, have been (and are) INTJs, so it is unlikely that the type is inherently fickle; on the contrary, the exact opposite seems true.
I agree with the argument in general, but your examples are retarded. Julius Caesar and Napoleon were ENTJ. Rommel was an ESTJ (possibly ESTP), and Clausewitz was a clear INFJ.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You can't type a perfect being. Every type has strengths and weaknesses that the other types don't have. Also, there's no such thing as a "perfect INTJ", because, in my opinion, all types have inherent weaknesses that you can't escape.

And may I point out the superior tone of the OP's explanation? e.g. the fact that it's "obvious" that God would have to be an NT? And also that the thread creator is INTJ?

So, to answer the question of the thread's title... No.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
The OP asks a question and provides an argument (I dunno if it's shitty or not, the discussion an sich doesn't interest me). And then half of the replies are people being all frowny because he had the audacity/arrogance to link his own type to the concept of a god. Free thinking (also) means going beyond these politically correct constraints IMO. It means asking all questions.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no qualms with him connecting the Judeo-Christian concept of God to his own type, even if it is a tad convenient. He's just wrong and a retard because the Judeo-Christian God doesn't belong to his type.

themightybob

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The old testament god is certainly xNTJ, I beleive him to be an introvert as well. It seems to me that god tries to put a buffer between himself and the populace, he rarely takes direct action. Instead he reveals himself to a select few individuals and has them carry out his biding.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indeed. Old Testament God was the baddest motherfucker in history. :thumbup:

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
It seems apparent that you are the one lacking knowledge of history. Cast away the less informed as you please, it only makes your argument weaker.

No, that doesn't even make sense.

It is as nonsensical to say that all subsequent Caesars got their name from Julius as saying they got it from Julius' father.

What are you on about? Of course they derived their names from Julius Caesar. From whom else? Augustus took the name from Julius Caesar, and through the Roman naming convention, the name passed on to the subsequent emperors. It is not nonsensical, but obvious.

Augustus Caesar was the one who created the Empire and became its first Emperor, and thus his name is formally the one being perpetuated throughout the royal lines. Augustus was by far the most revolutionary and important of the two, expanding the Empire enormously. I take it you get your historical knowledge and estimations of the importance of historical figures from Asterix & Obelix.

Augustus was the more revolutionary of the two? I will not delve too far into this as I do not want to soil the accomplishments of Augustus due to an argument with an ignoramus, but to place one above the other in such a way is ridiculous.

Without Julius Caesar, there would have been no Caesar Augustus, first emperor of Rome. Not only did he set the precedent for Roman expansion, but he consolidated power into a sole ruler, becoming dictator perpetuo, without which there would have been no possibility of installing a permanent autocracy under Augustus. What is more revolutionary than wresting power from the five hundred year old senate, and circumscribing it greatly as a result? He virtually overthrew the Roman republic.

Completely false analogy. Name one other famous scientist with the name "Einstein" or "Newton". It's more akin to suddenly start using the name "Kennedy" out of nowhere when discussing any given political topic. Which Kennedy? Ted? John? Robert?

Charles Thomas Newton, Alfred Newton, Edward Newton, and Hubert Anson Newton. Non-scientific Newtons? Wayne Newton and Huey P. Newton.

The surname "Einstein" is admittedly much more exclusive, but I can think of Einstein's first wife, who collaborated with Einstein to develop many of his own theories: the physicist Mileva (née Maric) Einstein.

Nevertheless, that is a stupid comparison and beside the point I was trying to make. When one mentions the name "Caesar," with no further names attached, most historically educated individuals will think of only one Caesar. I mean, you guessed it yourself, despite your egregious ignorance. Your entire argument is subjective, attempting to somehow "prove" the folly of making a passing remark about a famous historical figure by mentioning only the name by which the figure's prominence is most remembered. Even if one were to mention the name "Kennedy" in a general political sense, most individuals would think of John F. Kennedy first, followed by Robert F. Kennedy, and perhaps, when the context seems to indicate the early Kennedy dynasty, Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr.

Again, I have no care for your neurosis. Take it elsewhere, or don't address me.

The latter most certainly was not, which is one of the main fallacies of your argument. Do a quick google search for "Julius Caesar INTJ" and see what consensus you come up with. Even if your other points were sensible (which they're clearly not) this alone destroys the claim of clarity.

Julius Caesar was most definitely an NTJ, and the only reasoning I see from most people on this forum when differentiating between introversion and extroversion, and determining which was the dominant function in a historical figure, is to emphasize obscure parties and social events that the figure had attended during his or her lifetime, or even more stupidly, that military leadership made them extroverts. They match what they think is embodied by a type, and use backward logic to make conclusions, instead of analyzing the individual within his own context, and attempting to determine which functions are most present in their behavior. Needless to say, such myopic thinking and skewed logic is more than a little inane.

If you are so deluded that you don't even believe Caesar was an NTJ, then I demand factual evidence that is not your own interpretation, but historical descriptions of Caesar's personality and behavior which would indicate the type specific functions you believe were present. By this, I do not want you to give me descriptions that are so basic that they cannot be extrapolated into an overall profile of his personality, as is so often perpetrated by many members of this forum. Actually, don't do this; I do not want to waste time entering into a pointless debate with you that will remain unresolved and bear no fruit.

Haha, do you take so much pride in group identity that you fear me shaming it? I would've thought godlike beings to be above such trivial fears :newwink:

No, quite frankly, I do not concern myself with other INTJs, due to the fact that the "group" is hardly unified and comprised of worthy individuals - at least in the context of the current MBTI typology. However, I am an INTJ, and I do believe that the INTJ personality predisposes one to think critically and therefore not to make attempts at being a smart-ass when one has no ground to stand upon. Such behavior is shameful to the INTJ archetype. If you wish to be a clown or an annoying little prat, change your type to ESFP, ENFJ, ENFP, or ENTP.

Most of the INTJs I have seen on this forum have actually succeeded in making me distance myself from the type and the typology in general due to the fact that they are as ignorant as you are, constantly engaging in annoying little arguments even when they are wrong, or worse, when they think they are right. Most don't even consider the traits specific to their type worthy of special consideration. It's pathetic.

I agree with the argument in general, but your examples are retarded. Julius Caesar and Napoleon were ENTJ. Rommel was an ESTJ (possibly ESTP), and Clausewitz was a clear INFJ.

With the exception of Rommel and Napoleon, who could have been ENTJs, particularly the latter during his later years, the rest were most definitely INTJs. Clausewitz displayed typical NT characteristics. Have you even read On War? Which part of that strikes you as NF? Perhaps you are confusing On War with War and Peace, since Leo Tolstoy could have been an INFJ.

Napoleon, during his early childhood, was described by his mother as a very reclusive child who spent most of his time alone, reading books. He was also described as a very unsocial and abrasive individual by fellow students at the Brienne-le-Château military academy, spending much of his time in the library, where he devoted it to reading the biographies of famous, particularly ancient, military generals.

Last edited: