• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would God be a perfect INTJ?

Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 56 86.2%

• Total voters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's because you expressed it as fact, rather than a conditional hypothesis or a personal belief. ;)
I thought the distinction was superfluous. I don't have to emphasize every fictional character I type is fictional, do I? ;)

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I thought the distinction was superfluous. I don't have to emphasize every fictional character I type is fictional, do I? ;)
But if you're not going to be linguistically precise, this makes it more likely the debate will go off at a tangent due to misunderstanding of your intent.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
SO this is why God ignores my prayers...

F

figsfiggyfigs

Certainly, but if God is perfect, then logically his actions and behavior are also perfect. From that it further logically follows that for humans to attain perfection (or to act perfectly at least), they should imitate God. Ergo, we should all strive to live up to the feats of great men like Al Capone, Josef Stalin, etc.

well... that is not how it is in my religion. Humans are given free will, the right to choose to commit deeds or sins. We have options and we choose which path we want to walk on. We are expected to not be perfect, but instead, try to strive for perfection(being a generous, kind, good person--basically VERY high standards very few people are able to achieve with high self-discipline), or as close as we can be.

Personally. I'm not the most religious person, and I am far from perfect. But looking at humans, the power to hurt/ heal, learn/ corrupt, adapt/destroy , express ourself through all kinds of alternative methods(violently or peacefully, artistically or vulgarly). We are extraordinary, flaws and all; and it takes great perfection to have created such perfect, yet paradoxically imperfect creatures.

... this IS coming from a person that believe in God, so I completely understand if someone doesn't agree with me or my logic : )

well, at least one of them tends to display that characteristic... :newwink:

for that matter, there's a few on this site that fall into that category :whistling:

you should really see yourselves through the eyes of other types sometime!

you know, this is coming from a person that ALWAYS scores INTJ.... I'd have to agree. There are A LOT of arrogant INTJ's on here..

LOL!!!!!!!! omg, that was awesome hahahah! :laugh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well then, start with what was original (in your opinion) about what Jesus taught?
Well, he successfully fused Essene and Zealot sect (two opposing philosophies) teachings with some original ideas that are rather similar to (but not proven to be derived from) the teachings of the Greek philosophical school of Stoicism. He formed his own brand of Judaism that focused more on the otherworldly than the worldly, doing away with many Hebrew traditions in the process. And then there's how he responded to the moneychangers in the temple -- he tossed them out (bucking tradition and the established order of things) out of a sense of great moral fervor and duty.

Daedalus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
^ so ... Lucifer is INTJ??? ;)

And the Lord God said,
"The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." (Genesis 3:22)

INTJ's have a unending quest for knowledge and a disregard for established conventions.

Lucifer might be closer to an INTJ than god would be, because he does tell Adam and Eve to eat the Apple. The same way the Greek Prometheus who stole fire from the gods might be considered an INTJ.

maybe EVE was an INTJ

:)

Lol good one! :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Old Testament - ESTJ
New Testament - INFJ

The OT God is too bi-polar, angry, jealous, petty, outwardly wrathful, and irrational to be INTJ. The NT God is too loving and merciful.

F

figsfiggyfigs

And the Lord God said,
"The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." (Genesis 3:22)

INTJ's have a unending quest for knowledge and a disregard for established conventions.

Lucifer might be closer to an INTJ than god would be, because he does tell Adam and Eve to eat the Apple. The same way the Greek Prometheus who stole fire from the gods might be considered an INTJ.

maybe EVE was an INTJ

:)

now THAT is an interesting theory, with some "evidential" back up!! :smile:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But if you're not going to be linguistically precise, this makes it more likely the debate will go off at a tangent due to misunderstanding of your intent.
I'm an ENFP, what do I care about being linguistically precise. :tongue:

In seriousness I see your point, but my logic is that we're arguing about the same person, with the same traits, ergo we must be arguing the same shit regardless of whether he's a prophet, the Son of God, or a fictional character. He was the same man and had the same type in either case. Ergo, to me it becomes irrelevant in what capacity we're carrying out the debate.

Daedalus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
now THAT is an interesting theory, with some "evidential" back up!! :smile:

:D

Apparently, the only Ancient myth involving a tree of life/knowledge and a serpent that portrays the serpent as evil is the Judeo-Christian one.

In the other mythologies, the serpent plays the part of the guide to the human seeking knowledge from the tree. Many quests involve the hero embarking on an adventure to eat from this Tree.

The Serpent/Tree motif is found in many cultures, from Ancient Egypt, China, India, Mesomerica and even in the Nordic legends. Its also found in Shamanic worldview and in the Celtic Druidism/paganism.

PS: i just realized that some MBTI sites call the INTJ type the "Promethean Temperament".

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
God created the universe and everything in it, ergo God is perfect, as he is everything as it is. Your definitions of "perfect" are irrelevant due to their subjectivity. If God intended something to be a certain way, then it is perfect as objective fact. His actions would be independent of human subjectivity. Unlike mortals, God would theoretically possess the power to realize his ideas in full, and is therefore as close to perfect as one could be.

If God was perfect, he wouldn't have a personality type. Typing him as INTJ would make him imperfect, and what I was saying is that theoretically a perfect INTJ would not bother with such a stupid and pointless thing as what I mentioned.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
If God was perfect, he wouldn't have a personality type. Typing him as INTJ would make him imperfect, and what I was saying is that theoretically a perfect INTJ would not bother with such a stupid and pointless thing as what I mentioned.

No, that was your opinion of what you believe a "perfect" INTJ would not do. One must differentiate between these things.

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh, you got me.

I only said that because your megalomania is typical of, say, a 12 year old boy. Don't be offended! I'm after the 'truth', just like you.

Well, I only opened the thread for curiosity's sake. I could easily open another thread detailing the personalities of the pagan gods and goddesses, many of whom are not INTJs.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Well, I only opened the thread for curiosity's sake. I could easily open another thread detailing the personalities of the pagan gods and goddesses, many of whom are not INTJs.

I hope you do that, for the sake of clarity.

Frank

:doh: God is a perfect blend of all the cognitive functions with some super secret functions we don't even know about thrown in.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I do not think God can be typed. That being said, I would idealize Jesus as an INFJ. I think INTJs would be horrible in the position in God. I'm short-tempered, impatient, too sarcastic and I can get insensitive. Also, I tend to abandon projects midway. So yeah...