• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would God be a perfect INTJ?

Would God be a perfect version of the INTJ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 56 86.2%

• Total voters

Schaph

MBTI Type
IxTx
Enneagram
5w6
Ah, the delightful irony of unintentional self-caricature... :yes:

second.
You're seeing God through your own eyes.

I only know enough to suggest that God is INxx. Both I and N are typed by the definition of the Juedo-Christian God. As for T/F and J/P, the bible provides evidence to argue for both sides.

I - There is only one god, and he created human in his own image. Both suggests introvert characteristic, like an introvert child creating imaginary friends. By extension, any interaction between God and his own creations (human, the universe, etc) can only be described as an introvert activity. In addition, the Juedo-Christian God outright deny the existence of other deities (other being that's not created by himself and possibly to his equal), which further reinforces the introvert type.
N - God is everywhere and encompasses all, which means everything would be processed through internal intuition.

Your grasp on MBTI seems fickle and simplistic.
Way to keep your argument unbiased and impersonal.

Little_Sticks

We don't really know that the universe is organized or that the laws that we think govern it are actually there, we assume it is and assume they are because they appear to always occur from our perceptions. Thus it would be just as likely that God be an INTP as an INTJ.

But if you think about a being having a mind that can comprehend all of existence being confined to a body that can only interact with all of existence with its body, then I would not call that a God since it could be killed or not have full control over the universe. Thus for such a mind to be able to have a body that can interact with all parts of a universe, it has to be the universe, or have the universe be a part of its body, maybe having each part of the universe be a hand connected to a body that we would call God.

But then there is also the problem of time. Since this God has to know what is going on at all times and be able to change something when it wants to at any time, it has to exist outside the time of the universe. So its body exists inside time and its mind would exist outside time, where its body would be perpetually shaped by the mind outside time. Thus God would be all types unconsciously (how it manifests in the universe), but its own sole 13th unique type consciously, a type that will only be allowed as a label for one being and would be impossible for us to define with any certainty, since we are just an affect of its processing and unable to actually see the processing and have other similar Gods to compare it to to make any distinctions.

Which leads me to my next point that (and yes I know you said you didn't want a critique of the limitations, but this is important) personality theory is about generalizing. If we knew everything about another person we would have no need for personality theory because we would already understand a person's being in full. So generalizing means excluding or leaving out information in this case, which would not be wise to apply to a being such as God, that I have described above.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
if the Judeo-Christian god could possess a single mbti type, it wouldn't be anything near a Ti user. Reason being is he's probably the most inconsistent mofo ever. In fact he couldn't be typed, because he is so inconsistent, as are the holy texts and everything revolving around the concept and stories about god.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
My first thought: An INTJ must have created this thread.
*Opens first page*
Yep, an INTJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I - There is only one god, and he created human in his own image. Both suggests introvert characteristic, like an introvert child creating imaginary friends.
An introvert creates imaginary friends to replace social interaction. An extrovert all alone in the world creates imaginary friends to stave off depression (see: Tom Hanks in Cast Away and Will Smith in I am Legend). Since God was alone before he created the universe, he could easily fit the second category.

By extension, any interaction between God and his own creations (human, the universe, etc) can only be described as an introvert activity.
"Hai Moses im gonna burn this bush so you know Im talking to you lolz"

In addition, the Juedo-Christian God outright deny the existence of other deities (other being that's not created by himself and possibly to his equal), which further reinforces the introvert type.
Why would it? God is not alone in heaven, he has a veritable army of angels, arch-angels and the like at his disposal. That he is the only God does not mean he is alone.

Thank you. :)

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why would "God" be a perfect anything?
To be honest, I find his story sort of dull compared to other ones.
Not to mention the traditions he supposedly set in place.
I guess some of it is fine, but... Not perfect.

God? Perfect? Hardly.

He sends Abraham up to the mountain to kill his son. When he gets there, he says
"Ah no, I was just joking! You can keep him! I wasn't really gonna make you kill him! Hahahaha! I am such a lark. Anyway you basically own a whole lot of land because of that. Because you thought I was so awesome."

That is one example of why God is lame. Why the hell would any sane INTJ bother with something stupid like that?

And no sane INTJ would say proof denies faith. They could care less about faith. Cold hard facts are more important.

IF God were perfect, why use an imperfect concept of human personality as a definition?

God created the universe and everything in it, ergo God is perfect, as he is everything as it is. Your definitions of "perfect" are irrelevant due to their subjectivity. If God intended something to be a certain way, then it is perfect as objective fact. His actions would be independent of human subjectivity. Unlike mortals, God would theoretically possess the power to realize his ideas in full, and is therefore as close to perfect as one could be.

Again, this is only a hypothetical situation, and it does not matter whether or not you believe in the Judeo-Christian stories. Hell, I could make the same argument for Zeus and Odin.

I was merely pointing out my perception, and I am sure that no offense was taken. However, even if it was, who cares? I certainly do not. :)

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
We don't really know that the universe is organized or that the laws that we think govern it are actually there, we assume it is and assume they are because they appear to always occur from our perceptions. Thus it would be just as likely that God be an INTP as an INTJ.

But if you think about a being having a mind that can comprehend all of existence being confined to a body that can only interact with all of existence with its body, then I would not call that a God since it could be killed or not have full control over the universe. Thus for such a mind to be able to have a body that can interact with all parts of a universe, it has to be the universe, or have the universe be a part of its body, maybe having each part of the universe be a hand connected to a body that we would call God.

But then there is also the problem of time. Since this God has to know what is going on at all times and be able to change something when it wants to at any time, it has to exist outside the time of the universe. So its body exists inside time and its mind would exist outside time, where its body would be perpetually shaped by the mind outside time. Thus God would be all types unconsciously (how it manifests in the universe), but its own sole 13th unique type consciously, a type that will only be allowed as a label for one being and would be impossible for us to define with any certainty, since we are just an affect of its processing and unable to actually see the processing and have other similar Gods to compare it to to make any distinctions.

Which leads me to my next point that (and yes I know you said you didn't want a critique of the limitations, but this is important) personality theory is about generalizing. If we knew everything about another person we would have no need for personality theory because we would already understand a person's being in full. So generalizing means excluding or leaving out information in this case, which would not be wise to apply to a being such as God, that I have described above.

I did not ask for a philosophical analysis, nor care for your poor understanding of MBTI or what seemed like an attempt at special relativity, or any other field of cosmology. :rolleyes:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quick question -- Are you working under the assumption that God exists?

Little_Sticks

I did not ask for a philosophical analysis

1. The concept of God in your argument uses religious ideas as supporting facts. Religion and philosophy are often intertwined and are so in your argument by your support of facts on God setting up structure and a heaven for people to reach (living a Christian life, for example, becomes a philosophy)...and by inferring otherwise is just plain ignorant and makes you look unsure of what you are really talking about.

nor care for your poor understanding of MBTI or what seemed like an attempt at special relativity

2. That's only your perception and somewhat condescending of my intellect. You may know more than me and you may not. It would be hard to prove since this is an observational science that fails prey to one's own perceptions, whether accurate or not. And outside of MBTI extremes for each type, human beings can and do fall in between for which the theory is intended for. Because of this, it has been shown on the forum that there is evidence suggesting the extreme types fail to explain objective differences between two distinctly different people. Thus your argument about God being INTJ now becomes biased by the fact that you are unwilling to look beyond your simple constructs of extreme types explaining things objectively. This compromises your argument since you are unwilling to consider another perspective other than your own.

or any other field of cosmology

It is clear you are only looking for confirmation of your conclusions by discussion of your very strictly confined and self-fulfilling set of standards for the discussion.

F

figsfiggyfigs

God created the universe and everything in it, ergo God is perfect, as he is everything as it is. Your definitions of "perfect" are irrelevant due to their subjectivity. If God intended something to be a certain way, then it is perfect as objective fact. His actions would be independent of human subjectivity. Unlike mortals, God would theoretically possess the power to realize his ideas in full, and is therefore as close to perfect as one could be.

well, I believe that god exists, and I have to agree with you on this one. : )

gps

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sure ... an Old Testament version of of a god ... before Darth Vader was dreamed up as the quintessential INTJ power tripper using `the force' for `the dark side'.

Lots of Gods don't resemble INTJs in the least: Kairos and Aprhodite, to name two.

Not many of the muses resemble INTJs.

I don't think Procrustes qualifies as a god, but Procrustes resembles an INTJ.

Procrustes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most INTJs I've met have had Procrustean beds they prostrate their own thoughts and lives upon ... and not just occasionally others.

Or so it seems ... FWIW.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Again, this is only a hypothetical situation, and it does not matter whether or not you believe in the Judeo-Christian stories. Hell, I could make the same argument for Zeus and Odin.

I was merely pointing out my perception, and I am sure that no offense was taken. However, even if it was, who cares? I certainly do not. :)

well, I believe that god exists, and I have to agree with you on this one. : )
If God is perfect a priori, then that means perfection is to be measured against God's actions. Ergo, perfection in a human being is defined as destroying your underlings if they piss you off, making them sacrifice friends and family (and even themselves) for your greater glory, and then every once in a while coming down to help them out if you're feeling bored.

I should tell everybody Al Capone was the second coming of Christ.
eek.gif

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sure ... an Old Testament version of of a god ... before Darth Vader was dreamed up as the quintessential INTJ power tripper using `the force' for `the dark side'.

Lots of Gods don't resemble INTJs in the least: Kairos and Aprhodite, to name two.

Not many of the muses resemble INTJs.

I don't think Procrustes qualifies as a god, but Procrustes resembles an INTJ.

Procrustes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most INTJs I've met have had Procrustean beds they prostrate their own thoughts and lives upon ... and not just occasionally others.

Or so it seems ... FWIW.

Exactly. I am sure that many other gods and goddesses resemble INTJs. I only ask for a comparison with the "God" of the Judeo-Christian religion, as he encompasses all of those traits and coalesces them with unlimited power and knowledge. I suppose the same would apply to Allah, the Islamic god, who is clearly descended from the Abrahamic god, but for the sake of simplicity, I refer only to the former.

F

figsfiggyfigs

If God is perfect a priori, then that means perfection is to be measured against God's actions. Ergo, perfection in a human being is defined as destroying your underlings if they piss you off, making them sacrifice friends and family (and even themselves) for your greater glory, and then every once in a while coming down to help them out if you're feeling bored.

I should tell everybody Al Capone was the second coming of Christ.
eek.gif

well , god and humans are not a like. God, to me, is perfect, but humans are not. Humans are far from it. We're just like any other animal.

rofl @ your last comment. :laugh:

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. The concept of God in your argument uses religious ideas as supporting facts. Religion and philosophy are often intertwined and are so in your argument by your support of facts on God setting up structure and a heaven for people to reach (living a Christian life, for example, becomes a philosophy)...and by inferring otherwise is just plain ignorant and makes you look unsure of what you are really talking about.

The concept of God in my argument is purposely supported by religious facts. I am not seeking to prove the existence of the Christian God, nor do I believe in him. I am referring to Christian mythology to support my theory that God displays the characteristics of an INTJ. I only ask your opinion on whether or not you believe so as well, and for you to offer reasoning for why you do or don't.

I do not care about any real or perceived flaws within Myers-Briggs itself, or any philosophical questions that arise from an analysis of God within the context of our own universe.

2. That's only your perception and somewhat condescending of my intellect. You may know more than me and you may not. It would be hard to prove since this is an observational science that fails prey to one's own perceptions, whether accurate or not. And outside of MBTI extremes for each type, human beings can and do fall in between for which the theory is intended for. Because of this, it has been shown on the forum that there is evidence suggesting the extreme types fail to explain objective differences between two distinctly different people. Thus your argument about God being INTJ now becomes biased by the fact that you are unwilling to look beyond your simple constructs of extreme types explaining things objectively. This compromises your argument since you are unwilling to consider another perspective other than your own.

Yes, extremes occur. The bell curve predicts it. There will also be general overlap between types. Nevertheless, this does not discount the existence of separate types.

It is clear you are only looking for confirmation of your conclusions by discussion of your very strictly confined and self-fulfilling set of standards for the discussion.

No, I don't honestly care. I want you to give me some reasoning as to why God is or is not an INTJ, and if there is another type that fits better. The user Aleksei was on the right path, at least attempting to answer my question.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Would a perfect INTJ (over a lifespan) not evolve to XXXX? Perfectly balanced in each functional area? Therefore a "perfect" God would be XXXX ... especially if in our lifespan our purpose is to acquire wisdom.

However, the God of the Old Testament is more like an ESTJ to me ..... Jesus more like an INFP. Perhaps in that there is balance too.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I love you, really I do.
You have the choice to do whatever you want, to be whatever you want to be.
But if you don't do things my way.. I will punish you for enternity.
Ignore my contradictions.

Sounds like an unhealthy INFJ to me :devil:

Lex Talionis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Would a perfect INTJ (over a lifespan) not evolve to XXXX? Perfectly balanced in each functional area? Therefore a "perfect" God would be XXXX.

Not necessarily. God would have the ability to display the characteristics of any type, but according to descriptions of his actions, this is clearly not the case. He is also immortal, and therefore has no lifespan. The alpha and the omega. God strikes me as a fairly uniform character.

To be honest, this same question could be asked of the deities from polytheistic religions, who most certainly have distinct and individual personalities.

However, the God of the Old Testament is more like an ESTJ to me ..... Jesus more like an INFP. Perhaps in that there is balance too.

ESTJ? I could see how you would come to the conclusion, considering his staunch insistence on adherence to the "tradition" he founded, but I do not see why this is precluded by being an INTJ, or any TJ for that matter.

I have always seen it mentioned that Jesus was an INFJ, and I don't disagree.

Regardless, thank you for responding in the manner in which I asked. :)