• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

This site creates prejudices.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shouldn't it have the opposite effect?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you would hope... but it seems to work like bussing instead... some Ns get their feathers all ruffled because those that they're trying to get away from show up here as well :sadbanana:

P

Phantonym

In an ideal world and in theory, yes. But...no matter how open-minded people are, they still need to organize the world somehow and put people in categories, us/them, good/bad, intelligent/unintelligent, you name it. That's just how humans are. Everybody has their own interpretations of how things are in the world and what they mean and so on. So, I guess everybody is prejudiced by default. This site isn't any different because people don't just erase their thoughts and opinions when they log on.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you would hope... but it seems to work like bussing instead... some Ns get their feathers all ruffled because those that they're trying to get away from show up here as well :sadbanana:

Perhaps I could make an ES pity party thread instead. Nobody wants us here. :( Nobody likes us. :( Everyone is so prejudiced against us. :sadbanana:
Boo.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
People create prejudices. This site is just the arena.

Agreed. Some people have an overwhelming need to generalize and categorize everything. If you align that with a person who believes that they can easily spot the truth of a situation/person etc based on limited or superficial knowledge of said situation/person then that's what you get.

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm not sure that N's try and escape. Harmony would be great but it is an unrealistic expectaion for a forum such as this. It's too varied, besides, I'm not sure what inspired this thread.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps I could make an ES pity party thread instead. Nobody wants us here. :( Nobody likes us. :( :sadbanana:
Boo.

We like you... but not when creating pity parties for yourselves!

(My kid is an ESFP, he rocks. :blush:)

.... It's too varied, besides, I'm not sure what inspired this thread.

It was a little vague...

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
In an ideal world and in theory, yes. But...no matter how open-minded people are, they still need to organize the world somehow and put people in categories, us/them, good/bad, intelligent/unintelligent, you name it. That's just how humans are. Everybody has their own interpretations of how things are in the world and what they mean and so on. So, I guess everybody is prejudiced by default. This site isn't any different because people don't just erase their thoughts and opinions when they log on.

I don't think everyone is prejudiced by default. From what I've observed toddlers don't really exhibit that kind of behavior. As they get older some (not all) become more and more prejudiced depending on their environment.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Nobody loves us.
Everybody hates us.
Think we'll eat some worms.
(mmmm... good... you moron, that's spaghetti!!!!)
It's OK.
I like you and want you here.
ES people are very cool and lots of fun!
Even though I'm an isfp, can I be an honorary ES???

Perhaps I could make an ES pity party thread instead. Nobody wants us here. :( Nobody likes us. :( :sadbanana:
Boo.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you can be an honorary ES if you'd like! :holy:

I generally find that taking out my pent up hostility towards the deserving to be cathartic enough that a pity party is usually not as needed :devil:

though whining IS fun! :thinking:

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
*grabs pop corn and eagerly awaits further posts*

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure that N's try and escape. Harmony would be great but it is an unrealistic expectaion for a forum such as this. It's too varied, besides, I'm not sure what inspired this thread.

Well, actually, I'll tell you what inspired this thread. And it's actually not meant to blame N's for an S prejudice. It's to make light of my own prejudices. I won't name the exact type prejudice, since I don't want an uproaring. (Many of you may know what it is, anyways.) We'll call them xxxx for now Many xxxx's on this site are annoying. Point blank. They suck. (Not all of them, but a high percentage of them. Just to clarify, I can make a list of awesome xxxx's from this site as well.) In real life, I don't really notice that much. I just realized that this site led me to believe that half of this type must be horrible. Therefore, this site actually created a prejudice.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
This typology tries to categorize people in 16 different types. Of course it creates prejudices to some extent already by categorizing people into 16 different ways, which shrinks the idea of individuality a bit, by saying that all people have the same "tools" of interacting with or viewing the surroundings etc. The only prejudice here though is that every person can be categorized in one of that 16 types, or in other way explained, that there is no other function than that described in the typology.

You can either use this knowledge of typology theory to learn to understand that there are, if you agree with the typology, in general a set amount of "tools" (the functions), but every individual will use his prefered functions still in an unique way and in different proportions, therefore remains individual. Or you can just create wrong prejudices by saying "Feelers ALL will behave like that and Thinkers will do the exact opposite", then you have the prejudices which probably are meant.

It is like you categorize people in people who smoke and those who don't. Now you can say that smokers see things different than non-smokers (like they wouldn't care about their health or whatever) and therefore make your prejudices. Or you see that there can be several reasons which could lead to being a smoker a non-smoker, and that each may think and behave different still.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
In nursey terms, this site is like a reservoir for all those prejudiced germs.

:doh:

Insecure or idiotic people will always try to use any criteria they can find in order to posture themselves as "better" than others; it can be IQ, amount of friends, popularity, or N vs S.

The structure of this forum does nothing to encourage this, it's purely a property of the mongrel race that comprises our membership :cheese:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
There are so many mistyped people here, you can spend a month hating on an ENTJ, only to find out they are a wacked out ISFJ.

If anything, this site teaches you to resent individuals, not their alleged type.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Why would it have the opposite effect?

When does labeling ever serve to abolish prejudice?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are so many mistyped people here, you can spend a month hating on an ENTJ, only to find out they are a wacked out ISFJ.

If anything, this site teaches you to hate individuals, not their alleged type.

I've noticed an ISFJ prejudice in you young man. I've seen you say, "everyone here is an ISFJ" as if it was the biggest insult in the world.