• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If my inferior is Se, then how can I drive a car?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:dry: Just because I tend to either stick my head out the window while driving or turn the music up loud enough that the rear view mirrors vibrate and then yell along.... :thelook:

I've also been known to read while driving, fish around for things on the floor and change clothes... this might explain a lot :thinking:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Si doesn't inherently pay attention to rules on principle. Si is based on relating new information to sensory data that's been absorbed from previous experience. It likes predictability.

This makes rules a convenient way to know what to expect, but it's a common misconception that SJs follow rules because they're some kind of mindless traditionalism zombies.

If SJs follow traffic rules, it's because they've followed traffic rules in the past and so that's the best way to achieve the predictable result they've internalized from previous experience.

In my experience, more SJs than you'd think are rather aggressive/reckless drivers because they get upset when traffic/other drivers throw off their schedules. "I need to get where I'm going to do what I've planned, dammit!"

SPs are sometimes reckless drivers for different reasons--they like the physical thrill of moving fast and taking risks.

holy-facepalm.jpg

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:dry: Just because I tend to either stick my head out the window while driving or turn the music up loud enough that the rear view mirrors vibrate and then yell along.... :thelook:

I've also been known to read while driving, fish around for things on the floor and change clothes... this might explain a lot :thinking:

lol this might be a common E__P thing. It's because driving is so goddamned boring and we need more stimulation, so we look for other things to do.

I'm trying to help you. The fact that you don't like me doesn't invalidate the accuracy of what I'm saying. (Inferior Fi, anybody?)

This is what I'm talking about. I know this topic well, I give you good information and you never respond intelligibly. Just more condescending one-word crap...quit being a stuck up **** and you might learn something, hm?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm trying to help you. The fact that you don't like me doesn't invalidate the accuracy of what I'm saying. (Inferior Fi, anybody?)

This is what I'm talking about. I know this topic well, I give you good information and you never respond intelligibly. Just more condescending one-word crap...quit being a stuck up **** and you might learn something, hm?

1. You completely misunderstood my post.
2. You rambled on and on about irrelevant bullshit, building a backstory that wasn't there.
3. I facepalmed.

From now on I will write in lists to aid you with information processing. You're demonstrating a bit of difficulty in that department.

Si doesn't inherently pay attention to rules on principle. Si is based on relating new information to sensory data that's been absorbed from previous experience. It likes predictability.

This makes rules a convenient way to know what to expect, but it's a common misconception that SJs follow rules because they're some kind of mindless traditionalism zombies.

1. My post made absolutely no mention of the motivations that SJs have for following the rules. You inferred this yourself from your own personal biases. The ACTUAL content of my post stated that SJs would make driving decisions based on what they know or have learned, rather than what they pick up through their senses in the moment as they are driving. It was also a joke post to begin with.

You ACTUALLY proceeded to correct YOUR OWN assumption, and then to blame it on me. I hope you can do better than that at your age.

In my experience, more SJs than you'd think are rather aggressive/reckless drivers because they get upset when traffic/other drivers throw off their schedules. "I need to get where I'm going to do what I've planned, dammit!"

2. In YOUR experience, more SJs than I'D think? Do you even re-read before posting your replies? Please read that again!

You have absolutely no idea what my opinion on SJ driving is or what my experience with SJ driving is. Why are you attempting to once again correct your own assumptions to me? Please just dont reply to my posts at all, I'm really not interested in hearing you have a conversation with yourself that is for some unimaginable reason - directed at me??

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. You completely misunderstood my post.
2. You rambled on and on about irrelevant bullshit, building a backstory that wasn't there.
3. I facepalmed.

From now on I will write in lists to aid you with information processing. You're demonstrating a bit of difficulty in that department.

1. My post made absolutely no mention of the motivations that SJs have for following the rules. You inferred this yourself from your own personal biases. The ACTUAL content of my post stated that SJs would make driving decisions based on what they know or have learned, rather than what they pick up through their senses in the moment as they are driving. It was also a joke post to begin with.

No, you did not say SJs would base their decisions on what they know or have learned, you said they'd base their decisions on driving rules. That implies objective standards outside the SJ's subjective experience.

Secondly, it's impossible to drive without paying attention to what you're picking up through your senses while driving. This doesn't constitute Se use or any function; it's just paying attention to what's going on around you. "Using" any function implies adhering to an entire set of perspectives, not just looking around or performing some other singular action.

Your use of the words "rather than immediate cues from your surroundings" implies that SJs are somehow not paying attention to their surroundings while driving, and that Se use is required to do so, both of which are inaccurate.

You ACTUALLY proceeded to correct YOUR OWN assumption, and then to blame it on me. I hope you can do better than that at your age.

Pay more attention the implications of your word choices.

2. In YOUR experience, more SJs than I'D think? Do you even re-read before posting your replies? Please read that again!

You have absolutely no idea what my opinion on SJ driving is or what my experience with SJ driving is. Why are you attempting to once again correct your own assumptions to me? Please just dont reply to my posts at all, I'm really not interested in hearing you have a conversation with yourself that is for some unimaginable reason - directed at me??

It's called The Generic You. As in, "You should pay attention when you're driving."

It doesn't have anything to do with you personally. You (and this time I do mean you) made the assumption that I was referring to your personal experiences and then exploded based on this erroneous assumption.

I'll respond to whatever posts I feel like responding to. If you're going to willfully (I hope it's willfully, anyway, because I don't think you're that stupid) misinterpret everything I write as a manifestation of your dislike for me, you should probably just add me to your ignore list instead of grossly missing the point and facepalming every other post because you didn't bother to consider the implications of your own words. :hi:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Curse those people who drive slower when it's raining!

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
you said they'd base their decisions on driving rules. That implies objective standards outside the SJ's subjective experience.

This implies nothing, nice try. If you misinterpreted it in that way then that says more about your misconceptions of SJs then it does about me. Again.. quit blaming your assumptions on me.

Secondly, it's impossible to drive without paying attention to what you're picking up through your senses while driving. This doesn't constitute Se use or any function; it's just paying attention to what's going on around you. "Using" any function implies adhering to an entire set of perspectives, not just looking around or performing some other singular action.

I said "make decisions", nice try once again. It meant that SJs would not rely on gut instincts as much as on what they would know, from whatever other source, is the best move to make in that kind of situation. Also, as i mentioned before, it was not a serious post, although it could have been.

you should probably just add me to your ignore list
Done. Thanks.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This implies nothing, nice try. If you misinterpreted it in that way then that says more about your misconceptions of SJs then it does about me. Again.. quit blaming your assumptions on me.

dictionary.com said:
rule
   /rul/ Show Spelled [rool] Show IPA ,noun, verb,ruled, rul·ing.
–noun
a principle or regulation governing conduct, action, procedure, arrangement, etc.: the rules of chess.

Rules are, by definition, objective because they apply across the board to everyone. The phrasing "paying attention to driving rules" clearly implies observance of objective driving standards (which are based much more on Te than Si.) Your point would have been much better if you'd said "TJs" or "STJs" rather than "SJs", as Si is the function that unites the SJ group (not Te.)

I said "make decisions", nice try once again. It meant that SJs would not rely on gut instincts as much as on what they would know, from whatever other source, is the best move to make in that kind of situation. Also, as i mentioned before, it was not a serious post, although it could have been.

Perhaps you should try using terms that describe your ideas accurately in the future.

Done. Thanks.

I hope this means I won't be getting any more idiotic facepalms in threads where you've used the wrong words for your ideas and gotten pissy that you've been called out on it.

P.S.,

Why bother editing in the bold font on "Done"?

Jaguar

Just more condescending one-word crap...quit being a stuck up **** and you might learn something, hm?

Oh, the irony.

Tell me I didn't just read you accuse JJ of being condescending.
You are the only person in this entire forum who has repeatedly been yelled at by forum members for your relentless condescension.
I think a mod even brought it up to you, that's how insidious it is.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, the irony.

Tell me I didn't just read you accuse JJ of being condescending.
You are the only person in this entire forum who has repeatedly been yelled at by forum members for your relentless condescension.
I think a mod even brought it up to you, that's how insidious it is.

Oh, the irony.

This coming from the guy who's been graveyarded for trolling.

Shall we conduct a poll to see if people find you condescending too?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
At least you're not ENTP or ENFP, with Si right at the bottom and Se nowhere to be seen. That'd mean a lot of crashes.
This ENTP hasn't crashed once yet (crossing fingers). And I do drive from time to time. And just to be clear... we do have a Se. Somewhere. Somehow. Like I've said earlier in this thread, to me driving is very hard, concentrated work... but I can do it.

and red is supposed to have the strongest and most immediate physical response, the most visceral and emotional reaction.
No, red light just carries the most far, especially in mist and rain.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Get some help, Sim.
Have you typed the meat in your freezer, yet?

Well they labeled it for me at the factory, but apparently it's a new type I haven't heard of.

What are USDAs like?

KDude

Curse those people who drive slower when it's raining!

Personally, I get a little annoyed by the ones who crawl over speedbumps. I don't expect people to jump them or anything, but geez...