• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thinking and Feeling question...

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Alright :D, I got a question as previewed by the title. I thought I was lean more towards thinking, but the more I think (har har) about it, the more I realized that most of my decision are prompted by values that I live by. Basically, values that I thought was awesome and I still think are awesome when I was a child. These values are quotes that I heard that inspired me and have kept throughout my life. Basically...

"Give a man a fish and he eats...."
"Don't do things to others that you don't want..."

are two examples. Clique I know, but these values pretty much defines me as a person. When I have to make a decision that doesn't have a clear right and wrong I go back to these values. Of course, people think I'm selfish when I rather give someone the knowledge to do something then to do it for them. I love teaching, specially regarding perception and philosophy about life (and learning too!!). Of course, I'm pretty relaxed about other people because I know people have different preorogative.

I can think logically, but when it comes to decision involving people, my values come to play. I don't like feeding the homeless, because that doesn't solve the problem. I'm not obliage to give to charity, because I don't think it will solve anything plus I can't do anything if I can't help myself first. I guess this is why I think I'm a T because I'm not really into helping people because helping a few isn't going to help the situation. It just puts a bandage to the problem.

When I was younger, I did give my lunch money to people in the street because I felt sooo sorry for them, specially if their old. Also, one time I spent everyday (afterschool) with my dog because I thought she was lonely because my sisters and brother wouldn't play with her anymore (they got tired of her I guess sigh, I felt really obligated to do it too lol). I also try to befriend people that has no friend...jeez.

So do I use my T or F more often than not? Which mbti type does this!!??!! I"m good with science and math har har :workout:!!

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Most people use both logic and feeling. You're a mixture like most people.
I would say you're leaning towards F. From your description, I guess you'll use logic when feeling can't do it. That doesn't refrain you from using it well! You say you're good at math and science - but the more important question is: do you like it? Do you enjoy solving logic problems more than eg. making small-talk to people?

Your description of caring/charity and empathy also seems rather F-ish. You're going to help if people call on you, out of empathy.
My husband and I are both rather extreme Ts. We don't give alms to the real beggar regardless his sad eyes. Instead, we have a fixed percentage of our income we give yearly to some charities we know do their work well. Empathy? No, just principle.

I'd also say it's a Fe and Ti combination. Your description points towards empathy and common values (Fe); plus internal logic rather than efficiency or cost-profit reasonings.
So I'd guess either an __FJ or an __TP type.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Most people use both logic and feeling. You're a mixture like most people.
I would say you're leaning towards F. From your description, I guess you'll use logic when feeling can't do it. That doesn't refrain you from using it well! You say you're good at math and science - but the more important question is: do you like it? Do you enjoy solving logic problems more than eg. making small-talk to people?

Your description of caring/charity and empathy also seems rather F-ish. You're going to help if people call on you, out of empathy.
My husband and I are both rather extreme Ts. We don't give alms to the real beggar regardless his sad eyes. Instead, we have a fixed percentage of our income we give yearly to some charities we know do their work well. Empathy? No, just principle.

I'd also say it's a Fe and Ti combination. Your description points towards empathy and common values (Fe); plus internal logic rather than efficiency or cost-profit reasonings.
So I'd guess either an __FJ or an __TP type.

I'm very fascinated with math and science, so I enjoy it more than talking to people. Better yet, I love talking about it to people. However, I also love trying to find out how people work, that's why I spend so much time reading about psychology. I guess beggars won't get my money nowdays. I guess I empathized because I had a grandma who always need money back then.

I found out the hard way when I thought I was friend with someone and they slammed me against the wall when I said something jokingly, I didn't know where he was coming from, because I was pretty shocked by the experience. This has made me cautious about using my intiution when dealing with people. Then you get hidden agenda, fakeness, lies, and all kind of crap that makes a person very unpredictable as well as the most complicated system evah!! So given a choice, I'll take my chance on quantum mechanic. So as of right now, I'm pretty passive and cautious when dealing with people until I can get a clue on what's up. Before that incident, I thought I was pretty good at reading people.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
You are not T. You are not F. You are not both. You are not neither.

Silence.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
You are not T. You are not F. You are not both. You are not neither.

Silence.

Can I like get something constructive please. I had a pretty fucked up childhood, I'm just trying to find my center, because seriously I'm tired of feeling depressed for no reason. I don't do much reflecting until 2-3 years ago, so I'm just trying to piece things together. And I can think of more productive use of my time besides self reflecting, unfortunately I keep coming back even though I wanna do something awesome with my time instead.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I would say, based on your writings, that you have quite strong Fi, introverted Feeling. You talk about intuition, so I wouls suggest NF of some sort.
I would say Fi is strong empathy but not necessarily shown like Fe.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would say, based on your writings, that you have quite strong Fi, introverted Feeling. You talk about intuition, so I wouls suggest NF of some sort.
I would say Fi is strong empathy but not necessarily shown like Fe.

Thank you :). Yes I do have a strong Ne, I just don't trust it as much as I like to. It's mostly only used for being silly.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Can I like get something constructive please. I had a pretty fucked up childhood, I'm just trying to find my center, because seriously I'm tired of feeling depressed for no reason. I don't do much reflecting until 2-3 years ago, so I'm just trying to piece things together. And I can think of more productive use of my time besides self reflecting, unfortunately I keep coming back even though I wanna do something awesome with my time instead.

I'm sorry to hear that your childhood was fucked up.

If you're trying to find your center, then, in my opinion, MBTI is not a good place to start your search. I'd suggest you start by reading Socrates/Plato. Start with the trial and death of Socrates and the Republic.

The Gospel of John is good too.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm sorry to hear that your childhood was fucked up.

If you're trying to find your center, then, in my opinion, MBTI is not a good place to start your search. I'd suggest you start by reading Socrates/Plato. Start with the trial and death of Socrates and the Republic.

The Gospel of John is good too.

Yah, I didn't think it did damage because I was pretty stubborn, but I'm guessing my sub-concious took it personality.

I'll take your advice on Socrates/Plato, maybe there's book in my library. I actually saw a documentary about "The Greek" and it covers a little bit about Socrates, I damn near cried when they talked about his trial and execution.

I'm not a religious person, so I think I'll pass on "The Gospel of John."

Mole

Permabanned
Plus ça change

Socrates, I damn near cried when they talked about his trial and execution.

If you like, Socrates was our first philosopher. He taught us to question our assumptions.

If you wish to be socratic, you will question our assumptions here.

And the assumptions here are the assumptions of MBTI.

And MBTI being a USA cult, you will question the assumptions of the USA.

And you will get exactly the same reaction here as the Ancient Athenians gave Socrates.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're an Fi, plain and simple. Maybe one with more pragmatic values than most, but an Fi nonetheless.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi Forzen--

How was your childhood bad?

I'd say INFJ because you like to figure out why things are the way they are (esp people). That is very Ni dom. Your Fi (values) are obviously high too. I've you've had a lot of introversion that would not be unlikely.

Personally, I thought Socrates was a bit over the top. Question, yeah, but question everything ad nauseum to the point of being a "gadfly?" (he described himself thus). He was 70, he wanted to die, and he used the hemlock death sentence to his advantage this way, even though he could have escaped.

Why oppose so consistently a burgeoning democracy? How brilliant is that?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most other systems are better than democracy. Dictatorship is the only one that I could think of that's worse, but that really depends on the dictator. The best is probably empowered monarchy, which is why it's been the most widely used throughout human history.

Amalie

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
Most other systems are better than democracy. Dictatorship is the only one that I could think of that's worse, but that really depends on the dictator. The best is probably empowered monarchy, which is why it's been the most widely used throughout human history.

Monarchy doesn't exclude democracy.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hi Forzen--

How was your childhood bad?

I'd say INFJ because you like to figure out why things are the way they are (esp people). That is very Ni dom. Your Fi (values) are obviously high too. I've you've had a lot of introversion that would not be unlikely.

Personally, I thought Socrates was a bit over the top. Question, yeah, but question everything ad nauseum to the point of being a "gadfly?" (he described himself thus). He was 70, he wanted to die, and he used the hemlock death sentence to his advantage this way, even though he could have escaped.

Why oppose so consistently a burgeoning democracy? How brilliant is that?

Let's just say that my parent should have read a manual on how to raise their children. They should specially pay attention to the affect of verbal abuse on a child. It's typical for asian family to be physically abusive when disciplining their children, but verbal abuse have a more profound affect that are not really apparent to a person. However, I could be over-analyzing a problem that was never there...I don't know. Regardless, I like to explore all venues to fix my perceive problem.

Furthermore, I took the ennegram test which gave me a result which describe me perfectly. I believe it was 5w6. I guess I'm having a midlife crisis in my 20s, /sadface. Anyway, thank you to all the people who took the time to give me some feedback, much appreciated.

Off-topic, I like Socrates because of his conviction of righterousness that was unshakeable despite much opposition. It's a trait I admire in people as long as the person and myself have a mutual understanding that our point of view cannot be categorized under the right/wrong isle.