• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Male NFs vs. Female NTs: Who has it harder?

Which group has more difficulty as it relates to gender norms, life, and society?

• Male NFs

Votes: 49 60.5%
  • Female NTs

Votes: 32 39.5%

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
This thread isn't meant to be a pity fest.. but kinda.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Male NFs

Females will always have it easy.
But it's all in perspective.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm a female NT and I still think being a male NF would be harder.
Some who are over-emotional can be called a mass of mean things.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've known a few male NFs that have suffered from identity crises. Some of them really seem to struggle to find out where they fit in and who they are and what they're supposed to do with their life. I've met one or two with a particularly large amount of inner turmoil, but I've met others who just don't give a rip and have that "HERE I AM, WORLD!" attitude :laugh:

Female NTs seem like they might get more peeved than truly struggle. I don't know many, but they seem like the no-nonsense type, and probably mark up anything related to "fitting in" or whatever as such. I kinda feel that way as a female ST.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I assume that female NTs would care less. But maybe that's because I've only known male NFs.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I assume that female NTs would care less. But maybe that's because I've only known male NFs.

NT females are also less likely to emo-dump on people. So a lot of their problems might get kept to themselves.

While a male NF might make damn sure you know about all their trials and tribulations.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
^That's why people vote male NF. (your attitude, not that male nfs are whiny)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Who has it harder... how? Is their having it easier meaning having more of an appeal towards the SJs?

EDIT: Ah yes I see the question. So it basically is having more of an appeal towards the SJs...
In which case I would perhaps say NF males may have a less appeal towards Si so they may have it harder...

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I suppose that an NF would have a tad of trouble. Then again, women always get the crap end of the stick.

Male NF.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Who has it harder... how? Is their having it easier meaning having more of an appeal towards the SJs?

EDIT: Ah yes I see the question. So it basically is having more of an appeal towards the SJs...
In which case I would perhaps say NF males may have a less appeal towards Si so they may have it harder...

Not really an appeal towards SJs. More so T/F and gender norms.

A male SFJ or female STJ would have these same problems.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not really an appeal towards SJs. More so T/F and gender norms.

A male SFJ or female STJ would have these same problems.
Yes, I understood. However, it sounds like T/F gender norms according to Si tradition. And the SFJ male and STJ female also have their place in the traditional gender norms as well where as not so much for the two you mentioned which may indeed be why you mentioned it.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, I understood. However, it sounds like T/F gender norms according to Si tradition.

Kind of a stretch. But you can bring in Si and functions to this if you want.

And the SFJ male and STJ female also have their place in the traditional gender norms as well where as not so much for the two you mentioned which may indeed be why you mentioned it.

Yes, N over SJ is more adverse to norms in general, so it adds to it.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
NT females are also less likely to emo-dump on people. So a lot of their problems might get kept to themselves.

While a male NF might make damn sure you know about all their trials and tribulations.

Do you know any NF males, or do you identify them by the 'emo-dumping'?

Usehername

On a mission
Females will have a socially imposed "sink or swim" situation at a far younger age, whereas males have more leeway in the identity stereotype to be loners or social butterflies. Since teens of all types are hormonal, the NF male has more time to calibrate to their selves.

If NT females can figure out how to be NTs while getting along well enough with most others, they have the head-start advantage of being F/T bilingual and pwning later on. However, if their 13yo selves aren't yet able to map out the social climate they get ostracized more easily.

The stakes are higher and come earlier for NT girls than NF guys--and these earlier formative years are consequential for later in life. Therefore, I think it's more difficult to be an NT female than an NF male.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Male NFs
Females will always have it easy.

:dry: *THWACKKKK!!!*

But it's all in perspective.

In this case, I agree with you.
I think the NF males have it harder...
... if only because NT females are still in a better position to do their own thing regardless, personality-wise.

(The NF has a personal focus, thus any social stigmas hit them harder on a personal level; NT women might not think the social stigma is fair but otherwise we just ignore it and do our thing anyway.)

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
:dry: *THWACKKKK!!!*

In this case, I agree with you.
I think the NF males have it harder...
... if only because NT females are still in a better position to do their own thing regardless, personality-wise.

(The NF has a personal focus, thus any social stigmas hit them harder on a personal level; NT women might not think the social stigma is fair but otherwise we just ignore it and do our thing anyway.)

Yeah- that's what I meant. :cheese:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I think male NFs. The "strong woman" is becoming more accepted these days so T gals are getting a break but I think NF men will always have it a bit tougher