• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you find that people notice your dominant function more or your auxillary?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Depends on which people. When I'm not at ease, when Fe-style socializing is expected, people will see my Ti. I'm silently writing or preparing lessons at the cafetaria at school. But when triggered (and it doesn't need much :)) Ne is there and shows itself; eg. when somebody asks me to help out on a problem in physics, mathematics... When I feel at ease (when I know I don't have to act a role) I'm a very social person and you can see both Ne and Fe.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ni is pretty much invisible by definition while developed Te is pretty much the opposite.

In other words: Te is much more visible in my real life.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think if anyone sees any of my functions, Ne would be seen first. From here I have heard that Ne can be seen in me, but not much else. But I'm pretty sure that if I am put in just the right environment, the Ti dominance could be seen.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i'd have to agree that it depends on which function is extraverted. i think most people irl notice my ne the most....i think.

KDude

i dunno.. people tend to think i'm more fun, extroverted, or something.. than i really am.

err.. not that i'm not fun. :coffee:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
depends on the person... I've been described as rather Ti-ish by some people :shock:

most people describe me as somewhat Se-ish though :holy:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think typically it is the extroverted function as that is what they can see externalized. Thus they may underrate an introverted person as instead of judging you based upon Fi-your most well developed function, they instead see Ne-your aux which is not as well developed as an Ne dom for instance.

Yes. This was my thought as well.
It's hard to notice introverted functions.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So it might depend on which function is extraverted; but then the auxiliary function is what we tend to "parent" others with also. So that can be very noticeable to others, even if it is introverted.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My pours tend to ooze Ne constantly around the outside world. Frequently however, I talk to a friend on the bus ride home about... nevermind, that stuff is Ne too...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on the context. I'm generally just seen as quiet and removed from people.

I would say that my Ne is more apparent in my real life simply because I don't self-reveal enough to display Fi, and my speech is rather random. I suppose I seem spacey. I also deal with things in a "P" way (you know, spontaneous, late, messy, all that jazz), and prefer creative & imaginative expression to warm, emotional expression. I have to feel really safe for that inner Fi to come out.

In writing, I'd say that my Fi is more apparent. I find it much easier to be articulate in writing, which may be why I'm more comfortable exhibiting my Fi side.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
People always notice my Ne, but my Fi seems to be well hidden. IRL I come over as an NTP to most people, INTP at school, ENTP to others.