• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types one letter off

deep rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Which type that is one letter off from you do you feel closest and most similar/connected to, and which do you feel most distant from?

I feel closest to the INTJ, though I still do feel far from them. The one I feel absolutely nothing same with is ISFJ. It feels as though we live on the complete opposite of the spectrum of realms.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I still harbour a teeny bit of doubt that I'm not really an INFP, so I suppose I feel closest to them.

What does that leave? ENFJ, ENTP, ESFP...

Of those three, I only know an ESFP (my sister), with whom I get along famously, but I do feel like we're somewhat different in how we operate. I can't really judge the other two.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Which type that is one letter off from you do you feel closest and most similar/connected to, and which do you feel most distant from?

I feel closest to the INTJ, though I still do feel far from them. The one I feel absolutely nothing same with is ISFJ. It feels as though we live on the complete opposite of the spectrum of realms.

I'd go with INTJ as well... although I feel far from them at times. Ironically, at this point I'd say I feel most distant from INFP... but maybe it's just because I've met a few lately that I felt don't appreciate anything about me, and like things I revile... although earlier on there seemed to be some I could get along with.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel pretty far from all of them... but, I guess INFPs?
I have an emotional side that seems fairly undercredited.
:cry:

As for the others, I'm not sure. ENTP or ISTP I guess.
I think that would make sense, too, since the test results always show me being most heavily I and then N.

red13

MBTI Type
INTJ
I feel quite like an INTP. I'm now 99% sure that I'm INTJ but it's taken me a few years to choose between J & P, although I've always tested as a J.

For the one furthest from me, my initial thought was ISTJ, mainly because they give me so much grief in a work environment (arguing about detail etc). However probably the most difficult for me is an ESFJ who really just don’t understand me( in fact probably xSFx).

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Of the types that are one letter off, I tend to identify with INFJ's the most. I also identify with ISTJ's, as I am pretty close to one myself. I dislike all the INTP's I have ever met and I haven't come across many ENTJ's.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm...

I'm an INTJ.
I feel closest to INFJ.
I feel furthest from ISTJ.

MerkW

Being an INTP, I feel closest to INTJ. The one which I least relate to is ISTP. ENTP and INFP are both in the middle.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I still have uncertainty if I'm actually an INFP or an INFJ, but since Fi seems to clearly be my dominant trait and I don't relate to S, INFP is what I've been considering myself.

Despite the uncertainty of if I may actually be an INFJ, I only feel a connection to a few of them here (with INFJs here, its usually either a "ya, thats almost exactly how I think", or a "I defiantly don't think like that" reaction). I think I'm actually a lot closer connected to the INTPs (at least on impersonal matters), but I think its worth mentioning that when I read posts from ENFPs its usually very easy to understand them, but since I'm introverted, I don't "relate" to them so much as feel what they are saying, they are just looking at the same things from a slightly different perspective.

I don't knowingly know any ISFPs (are there even any that post here regularly?), so I can't say for certain how well I'd relate to them, but since I relate to all the other options, thats the one I'd have to choose by exclusion as the least likely to relate to (but they would share Fi as a dominant process, so I'd probably still mostly get where they are coming from, I just probably wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with one without mutually boring each other)

MerkW

I still have uncertainty if I'm actually an INFP or an INFJ, but since Fi seems to clearly be my dominant trait and I don't relate to S, INFP is what I've been considering myself.

Despite the uncertainty of if I may actually be an INFJ, I only feel a connection to a few of them here (with INFJs here, its usually either a "ya, thats almost exactly how I think", or a "I defiantly don't think like that" reaction). I think I'm actually a lot closer connected to the INTPs (at least on impersonal matters), but I think its worth mentioning that when I read posts from ENFPs its usually very easy to understand them, but since I'm introverted, I don't "relate" to them so much as feel what they are saying, they are just looking at the same things from a slightly different perspective.

I don't knowingly know any ISFPs (are there even any that post here regularly?), so I can't say for certain how well I'd relate to them, but since I relate to all the other options, thats the one I'd have to choose by exclusion as the least likely to relate to (but they would share Fi as a dominant process, so I'd probably still mostly get where they are coming from, I just probably wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with one without mutually boring each other)

You defiantly don't think like that? Interesting word use. Regardless, if Fi is clearly your "dominant trait," then I am willing to bet that you are an INFP. Have you taken the Jungian cognitive processes test yet?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm....so since I'm an INFJ, my options are: ENFJ, ISFJ, INTJ, INFP.

It's kind of hard for me to pick!! On some level, part of myself can relate to all!!

But the one I relate to least at this point would be INTJ.

The one I relate to most...hmm.....probably INFP.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Can't decide between INTP or ENFP. Probably more INTP. Both are dedicated to accurate estimation and succinct language. We can both figure anything out.

ENFP shares my desire for chasing anything new though... It's tough.

I feel most distant from ENTJ because I don't know any.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ most
ENFP
ESTP
INTP least

edit: actually it's so different. I feel close to any of them now and then.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I haven't really decided between being ISTP or INTP yet. So compromise?

(most)
IxFP
ENTP
ESTP
ISTJ
INTJ
(least)

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
I am an INFP.
I feel the closest with INTPs (in every way except I am not that smart).
I feel the furthest from ENFPs. (They are so sweet, however they are so out of their shell, which I am not).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP

I can't decide who I feel I have the most in common with! I really get along well with my ESFP sister because we can understand where the other is comming from and hold similar attitudes on everything. Some of my best friends have been ENTPs though- they are so FUN and seem to value doing things just for the experience as much as I do!

My best friend is an ESTJ, and I would have to say she's probably the most different from me- she is always organized, thinks things through and keeps her life in order- properties I'd love to steal from her sometime! :D

redacted

i probably connect best with INFPs.
ISFJs are very loyal, but i feel the most distant to them.
ENFJs and INTJs are both cool; i'm good friends with people of both types.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm eNFJ. I have long felt that I was a dead split between an INFJ and an ENTJ. When I stand center to my ENTJ best friend and my INFJ father in a conversation, I seem to be a schizophrenic version of both as I relate to both angles, leaning more toward the NFJ part in essence, but with the blunt force of the NTJ.

While I like them tremendously, I don't personally relate to my S counterpart at all beyond the need for social harmony.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Given that I only believe we can speak about different types along the temperament axis, I'd say ENFJ>ESTJ=ESFJ

red13

MBTI Type
INTJ
I haven't really decided between being ISTP or INTP yet. So compromise?

(most)
IxFP
ENTP
ESTP
ISTJ
INTJ
(least)

I've just said on a post in another thread that I thought the easiest dimension to ascertain is N/S. I’d be interested to know why you’re having difficulty deciding, as it’s the one dimension that I’m 100% sure on. My guess is that you are ISTJ on the basis that you have put INTJ at the bottom. INTJ and INTP’s, from my experience, get on well together, In fact most NT’s get on well; I’m not convinced that the J/P dimension is that significant to an NT. However INTJ and ISTJ really get on each other nerves, as they really are very different (although I'm married to one!).