• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types one letter off

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Closest: INTP (Due to low J score, no doubt.)
From then on would probably be ISTJ(Two family members of this type), INFJ,(No interest in reading people, usually.) then ENTJ.(Bossy, bossy.) But I don't know any INFJ's or ESTJ's in real life.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
INFP

the introverted (or extroverted) version of your type is generally the closest

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Which type that is one letter off from you do you feel closest and most similar/connected to, and which do you feel most distant from?

I feel closest to the INTJ, though I still do feel far from them. The one I feel absolutely nothing same with is ISFJ. It feels as though we live on the complete opposite of the spectrum of realms.

That's tough. Probably slight edge to ENTP over INTJ.
So: ENTP> INTJ >> ISTP > INFP

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm most similar to INTPs (assuming I'm not one)

Than INFJs and ENTJs.

Can't relate to ISTJs.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I can relate to all of these types in a different way.

I find that I have similar interests to the INTP and have the most similar personalities to them.
ENFPs- I find the better I know them- the better I can relate to them.
INFJs- Similar ideals but they are way too high-strung to be like me.
ISFPs- The most easygoing of the four and I can relate to them in that Fi-ish sort of way.

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Most similar: ISFJ. Like me, but warmer, less blunt, and more touchy-feely.

Most distant: ISTP. Party-type people who tell body humor jokes turn me off. I can talk to them and work with them if I have to, but....no.

hathor_sekhmet

MBTI Type
INFP
ENFPs (I love Ne) and INTPs (I feel they are mainly observers too).

One of my best friends is ISFP, yet we nearly never see eye to eye. I admire INFJs, but we're not similar.

(I have a weirdly strong emotional connection with INTJs. I sympathize with them a lot, probably more than any type one letter off INFP. It's puzzling since we're supposedly so different.)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm an INFP
I feel close to an INTP
very very different from an ESTJ..and I mean it!

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
INTPs, ENFPs are close to me I think
Far... ESFJ, ESTJ I assume

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i'm an ENFP, which means that i can choose out of ESFP's, INFP's, ENTP's and INFP's. i think this'll kinda hard.

ESFP

one of my best friends in the world is an ESFP. we were basically best friends throughout high school. we both love to have fun and we like goofy off and talking to everyone. underneath the surface though we are very different. though we are both in cruise control, he likes to cruise for cruising's sakes, i cruise because i see a purpose in it (it's fun, life needs to be fun, therefore life needs cruising). he can also do something i can never do - blank out one's mind.

INFP

i swear, i used to be a weird INFP. i was an INFP that liked people. mom liked to keep me at home because A) the SJ felt that it's her obligation to keep me out of harm, B) i was (and still kinda is) naive and C) i have the world's WORSE sense of direction, so i'll get lost. practice makes perfect, i got no practice so i was a very shy kid. in school, i would have spent a lot of my lunch times alone or with the one friend. make no mistake adults, school is a social battlefield. i felt out of place and there were always a few jackasses running around. i liked people, but at the same time, i knew how hurtful people can be and i was too aware of how bad i would feel. i also had a lot of the other INFP signs like looking at the world through rose colored glasses, and making household objects into mythical play toys. i think i can relate to INFP's. i only really developed my E during the later half of highschool. i switched schools a lot and i felt like i had to be more sociable in that new environment. i also kept asking myself "what's there to be ashamed of?" and forced myself out of my shell. i'm way more bouncy now, but i know what it's like to be the lone dreamer. i miss it and i appreciate it.

ENFJ

another one of my best friends is an ENFJ. myself, the ESFP, ENFJ and an ISFP are the best of friends. we call each other "bros" and we say that not just as slang but to remind ourselves that we are close. i know all these guys inside out. that is, apart from the ENFJ, and i've known him since i was 7. we both like people, we both like to be warm. our N dictates that we see the bigger picture and we are both idealists at heart. however, we are also very different. people read me like a book. the ENFJ is more popular than i am but no one really knows what's on his mind. i love philosophy for the sake of it and i love dwelling in the question. the ENFJ likes to ask "what's the point" and will hence be more practical. i like to look for meaning and truth, but the ENFJ doesn't believe in anything but personal truth. what i'm saying is simply that though we have loads in common, we can also be very different and it's beyond what people tend to think as primary P vs J differences.

ENTP's

i have a decent T side (MBTI step II test) so to i'm not that far away from being an ENTP. i think if someone met me say in class, they could easily mistaken me for an ENTP. i love to argue in class and i'm not afraid to pick a theory apart. philosophy particularly has made me a more dogmatic brand of ENFP. having said that though, there are also big differences between myself and the typical lawyer-type ENTP. an ENTP loves debating and isn't that afraid to get their hands dirty. i imagine an ENTP would care about logic first, feelings second. though i love discussion, i hate making other people feel like crap. i still like the logical side of things, and hate it when people get poetic when everyone else is trying to be purely logical but it takes a lot more for me to tell them that. even when i do, i phrase my words very carefully and say it with a smile.

i'll say that i can relate to INFP's and ENTP's the most. if i had to choose one, it wold be the INFP. afterall, i've lived a large chunk of my life being quite the INFP (or an ENFP in INFP clothing). when i look at an INFP, i see myself from 10 years ago.

TenebrousReflection

MBTI Type
INFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought I'd written about this before: Types one letter off

Thanks for digging that up, thats the thread I was thinking of but could not find. But I'm not sure how well the original question compares to with what I was wanting to know. In more specifics, I was wanting to know two things, how people relate to their E/I counterpart (do they feel like an outgoing/shy version of themselves, or something very different to them) and how they feel about their T/F counterpart.

Even more specific than that, to me INFP/ENFP seems very similar, just that one is shy/reserved and the other is outgoing/unrestrained. But when I look at for example INFJ/ENFJ or INTP/ENTP the differences seem deeper and more defining in how they actually think and how values/principles affects them and I wanted to know how those types see those differences compared to how I see those differences. Do they feel as different to each other as they do to me, or do they see themselves as similar?

I may find some of those answers in re-reading that thread linked above, but I'd still like more specific responses on those kind of things.

Mods: Please feel free to merge this with the other thread linked above if you feel it is similar enough to it.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
ENFJ: While I definitely have ENFJ friends I find it very difficult to know what they're thinking--somehow flipping the dominant/auxiliary functions, so they do best what I do only second-best, makes me misread what is just autopilot for them. I have teh most trouble writing cogently about them too.

INFP: No problem as long as I pause to wait for their ideas to run through their filters.

INTJ: Hey, some of my best friends...actually my very best friend...I really have never had problems with INTJs and find that while they sometimes wish I'd be a little more theoretical our intellects are similar enough that we work well together and complement each other's styles.

ISFJ: We aren't necessarily interested in the same things and they tend to be less communicative about their own needs and desires so I may not catch on as quickly to what they want/need from me or from a situation. In other words, they're nicer than me and I have to make sure I'm consciously aware that they might not speak up.