• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strongest manifestation of a function

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Which types should have the strongest preferences for each of the four functions:

Sensing

Intuition

Thinking

Feeling

Are people who have a dominant function stronger in using it than those who have it as auxiliary? Are people who use the Introverted form stronger in it than those who use the Extroverted form? If so, then it would go:

Intuition - INxJ

Feeling - IxFP

Sensing - ISxJ

Thinking - IxTP

Do you agree with this order? Or do you think a different one might be more plausible, such as:

Intuition - ENxP

Feeling - ExFJ

Sensing - ESxP

Thinking - ExTJ

Maybe even something different altogether? Maybe you even think one particular type has the greatest strength in a function?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Maybe you even think one particular type has the greatest strength in a function?

How would you quantify strength of preference for function? Extroverted is no stronger than introverted, just different.

It seems to me that as far as preference goes, it would be an individual choice.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you mean, Athenian, which type grabs onto/utilizes a certain function more handily/readily/easily?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you mean, Athenian, which type grabs onto/utilizes a certain function more handily/readily/easily?

I guess so... have an answer? :)

I mean the type in general, not exceptional individuals... you can only measure trends with type, of course.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmmm.... interesting idea- it confuses me! :D I couldn't really say whether introverted or extroverted sensing would be more powerful, having only experienced one of the two myself, and the other functions are not my primary function at all! :)

I would have to say that it would all come down to individuals- boring and probably predictable answer, but I really don't see how one really could rate the strength of introverted v extroverted functions! :D

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Would Ni/Fe and Ni/Te be stronger or weaker than Ne/Fi and Ne/Ti?
Would Si/Fe and Si/Te be stronger or weaker than Se/Fi and Se/Ti?

I think that an extroverted auxiliary function would hinder intuition or sensing if it wasn't mastered. So those with undeveloped Fe and Te auxiliaries would be at a disadvantage to those with undeveloped Fi and Ti auxiliaries. Whereas those who have mastered auxiliary Fe and Te would have far stronger intuitive/sensory capabilities as a dominant to those with even mastered Fi and Ti auxiliaries.

In other words, undeveloped INTJs and INFJs < undeveloped ENTPs and ENFPs
Whereas developed INTJs and INFJs > developed ENTPs and ENFPs

So by my hypothesis, those with introverted intuition or introverted sensing would profit most by developing the auxiliary.