• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do INFP's show their emotions?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
It's pretty easy to tell when I'm in a good mood. I have an unfortunate tendency to do things like whistle and sing in public, which is a bit of a give-away. More negative emotions I don't show much. Only people who are very close to me can read the signs and even then it's hit-and-miss. With everyone else it seems more likely to register as persistent distractedness.

Actually, I think I tend to clam up when I'm in a really good mood as well. Pretty much any strong emotion either way puts me into a state of induced solitude. It's more the little things that will show. So I guess the general rule is that the stronger the emotion, the less likely I am to show it.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
I have an unfortunate tendency to do things like whistle and sing in public, which is a bit of a give-away.

omg. i do that, too... it's so embarrassing. :doh: :D

i don't know what it is, but i guess it's because i know that my emotions are sometimes childish, so that's why i get embarrassed by them and don't want other people to think that i am that childish, because i already know i am, so i don't want them to point out the obvious to me. :doh: :blush:

^ i also identify with your edit... the best thing that people can do with me is just sort of not notice my emotions, or take them lightly. i will tell them when i need them to notice and then it is best for the other person to stay calm and not get all emotional because i am emotional. i try to do that with other people, too... i have been learning about these things...

i don't want people to "write me off" because of my emotions, because there is more to me than them.

with a few close friends i can let loose sometimes and get giddy and even cry without embarrassment. well... i can cry without embarrassment with two people, really... but can get giddy with more...

A

A window to the soul

I have an unfortunate tendency to do things like whistle and sing in public, which is a bit of a give-away.
omg. i do that, too... it's so embarrassing. :doh: :D

i don't know what it is, but i guess it's because i know that my emotions are sometimes childish, so that's why i get embarrassed by them and don't want other people to think that i am that childish, because i already know i am, so i don't want them to point out the obvious to me. :doh: :blush:

That's funny, I whistle and sing a lot too..
whistlingd.gif