• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI/SLOAN Big 5 correlation?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have some educated guesses as to what Big 5 type should correspond to which Jungian type, and I'm curious to see if I'm on the money. So I invite you to post your type and your SLOAN type, so we can see what the pattern that develops is. If you're not sure of your SLOAN type and you'd like to know you can take the test here, or if you want to self-diagnose the functional descriptions can be found here.

I'm an ENTP SCUEI, myself.

Jaguar

For the 285th time:

Semi-Correlating Descriptions

INFP RCUAI, RLUAI
INTP RCUEI, RLUEI
INFJ RCOAI, RLOAI
INTJ RCOEI, RLOEI
ISTJ RCOEN, RLOEN
ISFJ RCOAN, RLOAN
ISTP RCUEN, RLUEN
ISFP RCUAN, RLUAN
ENFP SCUAI, SLUAI
ENTP SCUEI, SLUEI
ENFJ SCOAI, SLOAI
ENTJ SCOEI, SLOEI
ESTJ SCOEN, SLOEN
ESFJ SCOAN, SLOAN
ESTP SCUEN, SLUEN
ESFP SCUAN, SLUAN

Global 5/Big 5 to Jung/MBTI/Kiersey correlations

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see. This was my guess:

INTJ: RxOEI
ENTJ: SxOEI
INTP: RCUEI
ENTP: SCUEI

ENFJ: SLOAI
INFJ: RLOAI
ENFP: SLUAI
INFP: RLUAI

ISTP: RCUEx
ESTP: SCUEx
ISFP: RLUAN
ESFP: SLUAN

ISTJ: RCOAN
ESTJ: SCOAN
ISFJ: RLOAN
ESFJ: SLOAN

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm either RCUAI or RCUAN. Both seem to fit me equally when it comes down to just descriptions. And I have some N traits that I relate to and some that I don't, and it's the same for the I traits when you look at the dichotomy itself.

G

garbage

more statistics

neuroticism or calm/limbic doesn't correlate with any MBTI dichotomy

I'm SCOAI. One of my disfavored careers is "assassin".

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'am an SCUAI, wich is usually matched with ENFP... But I have seen ISFPs RCUAI and ESTPs SCUEI, and others ISTPs SCUAI or even SCUOI, wich is matched with ENFJ... SCUAI/ENFP can be a correlation but defenitely not a match.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You, Whatever, egocentric?:D

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting to see that xSTP can be SCUxI even if it's matched with ENxP tough. Especially that our case is not rare.;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting to see that xSTP can be SCUxI even if it's matched with ENxP tough. Especially that our case is not rare.;)

I see no conflict between being an ESTP and a SCUEI... especially when understanding the functions that make up both... and the descriptions for both fit me rather well :newwink:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, elsewhere, the description of the RCUEN, wich is matched with the ISTP fits really well. And when I see the list of carrers associated:
game designer, mechanic, sound engineer, construction worker, mechanic, electrician, musician, video editor, software designer, comic book artist, fighter pilot, animator, bounty hunter, guitarist, cartoonist, software developer, computer repair tech, soldier, computer animator, information technology manager, electrical engineer, graphic artist, webmaster, truck driver, carpenter, industrial engineer

I'am just :drool: That's for careers, but the description of the SCUAI sounds better. The type matched with ESTP is SCUEN, I guess you can recocgnize you in. For this time, Big 5 still a new model for me and I'am a little skeptical about his insight. Or maybe the model is insightful and Similarminds suck, I don't know.:thinking: It seems to be a sort of stupid bias in this site.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
N is too restrictive for my Se's insatiable desire to experience EVERYTHING :holy: Plus, my Ti has a big appetite that my poor Se works it's fingers to the bone to feed... I definitley covers that better :yes:

plus, career choices like dictator, international spy and fighter pilot are totally awesome! :wubbie:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N is too restrictive for my Se's insatiable desire to experience EVERYTHING Plus, my Ti has a big appetite that my poor Se works it's fingers to the bone to feed... I definitley covers that better
Yes, I see.:newwink:

N
plus, career choices like dictator, international spy and fighter pilot are totally awesome! :wubbie:

True!:happy0065: I think an ISTP is very likely to be RCUEN if he is a 5, SCUAI match very well with the 9. The careers list associated is very cool but is too ENFPish and don't relate to my need to get my hands dirty. I think a mix between the RCUEN list and the SCUAI list would be perfect.:yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seeing the french president do a strip-tease could be right?
sarkozy-disneyland-525e0.jpg

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh god no!!! :boohoo:

how on earth can you guys elect a dude who wears a leopard print banana hammock!? :horor:

though I would wear one in public just to see what sort of reactions it garnered :thinking:

G

garbage

Could have fooled me. :D

Pff. The only thing that I'm going to assassinate is cruelty. My arsenal is a collection of energetic ponies and smiling frogs, just hopping and galloping all over the place and spreading good cheer everywhere they go :holy:

Anyway, the Big 5 descriptions on similarminds are not.. uh, the best descriptions out there. This thing isn't too bad, though.